Al-Hadi School of Accelerative

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $241,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Sweep tile

Posted March 12, 2014

Alhadi is a nice school, it focuses on islamic values as well as regular academics. I can't wait for the new building, because honestly, the current one isn't exactly... good-looking. But, the teachers are very friendly, and most of the kids are really nice. I really like it here, and encourage you to join.

Posted February 8, 2014

I used to have a lot of positive things to say about the school but now I'm not so sure. There seemed to be a lot of disorganization under the principal in 2010 and 2011 and hopefully things will improve with the new guy. The preschool has a good staff and has been consistent. No complaints there. The school's website is pathetic. I pay a decent amount of tuition so they can at least keep it up-to-date. There is still stuff from 2010 on there. There is also a picture of a boys soccer team. Since when did the school ever have a soccer team??? Another complaint, all extra curricular clubs and science fair activities seemed to be geared toward third grade and up. They don't seem to have a lot of things for kindergarten through 2nd grade. At my child's old school science fair was mandatory for all grades. My child has also informed me that they don't go to salat everyday. At my child's old school, first grade and up went everyday. It makes me wonder if I'm spending my money in the right place. After all that's why I'm sending my child to Islamic school...Islamic values. Salat is one of the 5 pillars of faith, right?

Posted September 1, 2013

I have been going to alhadi for 8 years. I have been here ever since 3rd grade and I'm planning to graduate from here as well. Sure this school doesn't have the best facilities or a lot of kids or a lot of teachers. But it is like a family here. You get to know everyone and see them out of school and at Iec and have a lot of fun. We tell personal life stories with the teachers and vice versa. Alhadi makes you acheive a lot of things. I won first place through alhadi at the PSIA competition and went on to state. I was in the future city competition and my friends won first place and went on to Washington. We went to the science olympiad and Science Engineering fair as well. Al Hadi gives a lot of oppurtunities to excell. Its your choice to take it. A bunch of great colleges call people from ALhadi such as UT, Baylor, and UH. I am just saying if you want halal food, namaaz, islam, great courses, and fun family environment, come to alhadi. And yes Al Hadi is moving to a new location which is located at 1500 Caseta Drive Houston Texas. Oh and by the way there are 25 kids in the whole high school who love each other and have fun together. And we have ap courses like ap bio and chem.

Posted December 4, 2012

I love this school, and so do my children. Unfortunately I had to move and we are too far away to come here every morning, but people are saying there will be a new building? Around the area the school already is or somewhere else? As far as I know the school never said anything about a new building. I hope its true because the school could use a new building. The current one is used by people from Sunday school and Persian school, and some come regularly every friday. And lets be honest, if anyone who didn't know iec was moslty a school would never guess that its a real school where children go every morning. In other words, this school NEEDS a new building. And hopefully it will. Because when I read the reviews saying there will be a new building I was like: "NO WAY THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE. ALHADI GET A NEW BUILDING? NEVER GONNA HAPPEN." but I guess anything is possible...and it will be better because I might be able to bring my kids here again, I still don't know where the school will be. Highly reccommends this school to whoever wants a bright future for their kids. Just because the building was a little trashy doesn't mean the academics are bad too.

Posted December 3, 2012

I have been going to alhadi since pre k and it wasn't that bad as everyone says and they are planning to get a new building that is only for alhadi and not the rest of iec (sunday school, Farsi school) so yeah its pretty good and the new building also has an indoor pool and a gym. Lol they did lack some major thing but not anymore!!!!! :D

Posted December 3, 2012

I love this school period. All my friends, best teachers, best students. Right now I am supposed to be doing homework but instead I am sitting here expressing my love for this school ha but seriously. Send ur kids here because it is getting waaaaaaay better than before, new building too, January 21th inshalla. Rumored than elementary,middle, high school will get separate areas/ buildings.

Posted March 25, 2012

oh yeah and the rules at this school are also very dumb. you're not allowed to have your phone. my kids need their phone to call me sometimes, and the office doesn't let them thats why i tell them to bring their phone to school, you are not even allowed to have it AFTER SCHOOL. i mean come on, thats a bit stupid, don't you think? its after school.

Posted February 18, 2012

NO MUSIC.HAVE TO WEAR HIJJAB. HAVE TO WEAR LONG SHIRTS. NO SKI NNY JEANS. NO COLORFUL SHOES. ITS ALL PALE...........................................................

Posted January 1, 2012

My kids have been going to Al-Hadi for the last 8 years and I am very satisfied with the level of education that each has received. Yes, there is always room for growth and opportunities for advancement, but the overall academic, social, and moral education and environment that my kids have received validates our decision to send them to Al-Hadi. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for quality education for their children at a reasonable cost.

Posted August 12, 2011

This school had absolutely no focus on academic achievements. This school wastes the students time and the parent's money. Too much talk, no action. Graduates struggle with college life. Staff has poor teaching skills, and the policy of the school is "the favorites come first." In Al-Hadi, it doesn't matter what your grades are or how well of a student you are, it matters who your parents are. Got money? Get opportunities. School has a major lack of organization, and they have no interest in recognizing priorities. After sending my child out of Al-Hadi and into a regular public school, she learned more Spanish in one year than she did in five years at Al-Hadi's spectacular arabic classes, which was scheduled for twice a day. It's time for the school to WAKE UP from their fantasy dreams, and to reorganize.

Posted April 9, 2010

there is such a negative environment for the kids to be in because not one child likes that school and all we do is complain about the school. not very good academics. the school doesnt seem to want to fix anything in the school. dont send your kids here.

Posted February 25, 2010

My daughter has been going to Al Hadi for the last 10 yrs. Its the best thing that has happened to us. The school, staff, faculty are just like a family. Education level is really accelerated. I can't even think of any other school. If anyone is thinking of a good Islamic School, Al Hadi is the way to go!

Posted April 1, 2009

I attended Al-Hadi for eight years. I graduated from this school as well. My educational yeara have been information and just awesome. The teachers and staff work rigoroulsy to provide assisstance to the students as much as they can. Some teachers were like a second mother to me. I attend a private college and yet i still use notes from my high school teachers for my college courses. The environment is great, feels just like another home. Every thing has its negatives and so obviously does al-hadi. However, the effort and determination of the school staff and student make the negative a minor issue. And above all, it's a place where i learned to develop myself spiritually and academically.

Posted January 22, 2009

I've been going to this school for a while and there is no other place I would rather be. The students and staff are amazing, the teachers care for you like you are their own child and I feel like the school is my second family. This is a great school for anybody who is serious about their future.

Posted May 1, 2008

Academics are fine; however, kids are very agressive and they are not getting consequences. My three children used to come home with bites, bruces, and scratches on their skin from other kids. School only made me sign a paper where they told me about the incident, but they never did nothing about it. Besides, little kids at daycare are watched by teenagers that do not pay any attention to discipline and safety. I will not leave my little kids at their daycare.

Posted January 10, 2008

My son had attended this school for 4 years before we took him out for another private school. It did not take us long to realize we made a big mistake and we are planning to take him back to Al hadi where the academic education is much higher than a more expensive private school such as the honor roll school. Teachers and the rest of the staff are very serious about the success of their students.

Posted December 13, 2005

Al-Hadi School Of Accelerative Lr is a privet school which was established in 1996. This is a great school for anyone who wants success for their children. My daughter has been going to this school for 10 years and has not been into any other school. She has achieved all my educational goals for her and scored well in public and private school tests. In Private school tests held on May 2005, her score was at 99 percentile which meant she did better than 99 percent of all privet school students who took the test. The school has a low student teacher ratio so a close attention is made to every student. School has a low tuition so everyone who wants good education for their children can take advantage of this great school. Other benefits of this school are that it has students from many different countries and cultures.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic
Associations
  • SACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious