PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Family Christian Academy is a wonderful school. My daughter attended FCA for 3 years (K4-1) and my son for 1 year (K4). They would have continued at FCA through 12th grade, but we have relocated to Louisiana. Everyone at FCA staff, students, fellow parents are among some of the nicest and caring people I have ever met. Wish my kids still attended!!!

My older 2 children have attended public school and private school and they both rate FCA's teaching abilities higher than our local public school. At FCA, the jr & high school students do have the 'typical teenage stresses', as referred to in June 6, 2007 post, although with Christian Spirit led teachers and Christian student leaders those stresses are better dealt with and students are taught to put their trust in God and rely on Christ in every area of life. That is something that is not being taught in most schools today, so this makes FCA a unique school where each child is set apart for greatness through Christ Jesus! Also, my oldest graduated from FCA. He is a confident young man & prepared for college.

I graduated from this school. Trust me, you do not want to send your kids here. I was lucky to have had some amazing teachers, however, this is not the case anymore. When I went to college, for instance, even at San Jacinto Jr. College, I had to take remedial math courses because I was so unprepared. Please, do not send your children here. When you go apply, ask about the teacher turnover. Ask why it is so high, and how they skim by on accreditation every year. The office staff is a joke, there is little security, and just as much typical teen-aged stresses go on here as they do at public school.

Overall, my child has progressed well, I would really like to see a comparison with other students in public school. It is pretty well recorded that students, entering into public school, 6th grade and above are excelling above their peers. I am not sure what the disconnect when entering Middle School. It is an excellent value, and the Teachers and parents are very involved.

Last modified Family Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12