No rating

Corpus Christi Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 193 students

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $345,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted April 9, 2014

I have three children at Corpus Christi, it is the best decision I ever made for my children. The teachers are highly qualified, my childrens' PreK-3 teacher is a former Attorney, the PreK-4 teacher has Masters degree, just to name a few. My daughter is now in Gr 4 hated math until she went to CCCS, she now proclaims that Math is easy. They have the technology when it is needed, but children need to learn the basics and how to think critically. My children are constantly complemented on their maturity and critical thinking. The principal knows each child by name and each parent, and makes every effort to call parents to task when needed. Technology is all around them and will be there forever, but children's mind have to be developed not numbed by technology.

Posted November 27, 2013

Corpus Christi is a great school for my child. Sure, they lack the technology. Yes, the textbooks may need to be updated. Maybe, money could be raised for smart boards. But my child has read more REAL books than her older cousins who always seem to read from copied passages from some test prep workbook. My child is busier problem solving from real word problems than learning math strategies and test taking strategies. My child cannot wait for Mondays to come because she will learn and be part of a loving community than be part of a mere state data. Her cousins may have access to the smart board, more computers in the classroom, newer textbooks.... But even my sister is noticing the difference that my daughter is enjoying school than her kids are....

Posted November 22, 2013

My daughter attended Corpus Christi Catholic School for just one year in the 8th grade. We were truly blessed to have had this opportunity . Coming from public school, the teachers, and students at CCCS were welcoming and warm. It was difficult at first coming from public school, but her teachers CCCS took the time to teach her and I am proud to say that she attends one of the best Catholic High Schools now. Her teachers over at the high school are amazed at her writing abilities, and how well she does in science. Props to Mrs. Morrell, and Mrs. Sage her science and math teachers at CCCS. They made this possible. CCCS is a small school that made a BIG DIFFERENCE in my daughters life.

Posted November 19, 2013

I have three students at Corpus Christi. They love their school. They love that their principal greets them every morning at the door with a hug. The two little ones in pre-k 3 and 4 want to go to school on Saturday. Our oldest loves her teacher too and all are getting a great education. As far as technology, every classroom has a Mimio which is the same thing as a white board. Children are able to work on the interactive board during lessons. The children also have access to ipads. The teachers are loving and genuinely care about all of their students. We feel so blessed to have our children in this excellent school.

Posted October 3, 2013

Corpus Christi Catholic School needs to move into the 21st century! Teaching methods and discipline strategies are outdated by more than twenty years. The administration, faculty and staff are lacking in the most basic educational skills that are required in today s world. In addition, technology is completely missing from the campus and curriculum. Computers and software technology are completely outdated. You would be hard pressed to find a white board or other basic teaching advancements in any classroom. Teaching methods compare to those of the early 1990 s. Textbook are outdated by more than 12 years. The basic are lacking at this school and teachers are far from the best of the best. You are not getting what you paying for at the school of smoke and mirrors.

Posted April 11, 2013

My children received an excellent education at Corpus Christi. They were accepted into academically challenging high schools and were well prepared. I feel that their experiences/opportunities while attending Corpus Christi helped them to reach potentials that they did not know they were capable of. I was surprised to read the comment about pick-up, my friend picked up my kids and was impressed with the strict pick-up procedure. The teachers and principal care about the students and make learning not only interesting, but fun. There are tons of opportunities for parents to get involved. I would recommend this small school to any looking for a well-rounded, quality education.

Posted June 16, 2012

Teachers are fine. Principle seems to not care. They are not helpful. They seem to be judgmental there. They really don't follow guidelines in whose to pick up your kid. They will release to people that they know and not what it states in the file. Overall very disappointed, because of staff.

Posted April 30, 2011

My children have attended this school for 10 years. My oldest graduated last year and I now have one in 3rd and one in kindergarten. Mrs. ramirez the kindergarten teacher has taught all three of my boys. This is more than a school its a family. The person that commented on the 1st grade I have to tell you that my 3rd grader LOVED her there were no favorites and she is amazing!

Posted October 2, 2010

My child is always excited to go to school in the morning. Her school experience has helped foster a love for learning and the importance of community service. Great leadership. I have seen an improvement in the math program and I know the school is working toward an improved science curriculum. Indeed, a small school that is making a big difference in my child's life.

Posted September 23, 2010

Corpus is a great option for every family in need of a quality, Christian-based nurturing learning environment. The emphasis is always on the child and their development. Gospel values are modeled in the teachers, parents, administration and ultimately the students. The diversity of the school is fantastic - kids have multiple talents and intelligences and different levels of learning and ability. A great home away from home for any child.

Posted May 2, 2010

I would not recommend this school. We made a mistake in enrolling my daughter here to start 1st grade. The homeroom teacher was very inconsistent with the grading system as well as the lesson plans. The ratio is too high..there are 22 children with no assistant. The school is very unorganized when it comes to drop and pick up. They also play favorites to those kids whose parents constantly contributing their time and money. I can't wait until the school year is over. I'm transferring my daughter to another school where she can more attention and better education.

Posted September 17, 2008

I was brought up around Corpus Christi because I was baptized there, so it was inevitable that I would become a student at the school. CCCS was my home for nearly 10 years and those were the best days of my life! Being in a small school, I got more attention and was able to learn more. This school has had its ups and downs over the years but now they have a great principal leading the way. Overall CCCS prepared me for high school and I am proud to say that it is and always will be my home!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 25, 2008

With two children in and two to go, I feel that we've made the best decision for our family by having our girls at Corpus. Children are treated as a whole whose individuality is celebrated, & parents are viewed as partners in the school's success. We're thrilled with the program that's been put in place to bring up the level of middle school education--especially in math, and we love the fact that every year the extracurricular activities keep increasing--this year they've added dance, which the girls are thrilled about. Add to that the way a Christian way of life runs throughout the day in every activity undertaken, & we couldn't ask for a better school for our children to attend. Thank God!

Posted August 20, 2008

We began our relationship with CCCS in the fall of 2000. Since that time we have experienced an evolution of strong leadership and solid teaching in mind, body, and spirit. Corpus provides what I call a 'liberal arts' education; well-rounded students. Parental involvement is strong; a working community.

Posted April 22, 2008

I loved this school, it was great. I made tons of friends and everyone treats you like family!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 22, 2007

After attending CCCS from pre-k through 8th grade and being an A student, my son should have been well prepared for high school. However, he was not due to the educational standards of the middle school that lack in Mathematics, Science and English. Grades pre-K through 5 were well taught although more emphasis should have been placed on Mathematics.

Posted September 11, 2007

I am so happy to have found this school for my two children. The instruction is excellent and the administration is committed to providing a stimulating, nurturing environment for the kids. There is a wonderful community at Corpus Christi where the parents, teachers and staff work together to provide a great learning environment in a Christian setting.

Posted February 2, 2007

We attended CCCS since pre-K. It has, without a doubt, a very loving and well taught elementary wing. However, the middle school is lacking in discipline and the necessary English and Mathematics curriculums. The eighth grade experience was a nightmare. Although the school tries, they lack well organized sports for boys. There are very few electives to choose from in middle school. One elective worth taking is Mrs. Miller's art class. It is very well taught and well organized. As for the parents, they are very much involved. However, limits are set as to what extent parents can be involved.

Posted March 24, 2006

Corpus is a diamond in the rough -- a small, intimate school in modest facilities, with a smart, nurturing faculty and motivating principal. Parental involvement is high, students are happy, and traditional Catholic values are emphasized.

Posted March 24, 2006

Great school. Strong Catholic education. Nurturing, calm environment. Emphasis on self-discipline.

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (713) 664-6095

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Galveston-Houston