PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mrs. Vietor is a legend in young child education. Pooh Corner is the embodiment of her vision.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school believes in educating the whole child, including instilling in students virtues such as compassion and self-reliance.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at HPC are fantastic and caring.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is no homework at HPC--appropriate for the age group.

Pooh Corner is an amazing school. My child attended HPC and then went on to St. John's and thrived--I earnestly believe due in no small measure to the love of learning instilled at HPC.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Again, can't comment since my child does not attend this school; he will attend another private school

Amount of homework: no rating

Develops character: Neutral

Not sure since my son doesn't attend the school, however judging from what I saw the staff don't hold up to the values.

I recently went to Pooh Corner since I'm applying for programs for my son. I have tried repeatedly calling the number and finally my husband and I went to visit the school. We drove up to what can only be described as a worn down shack, and finally had the opportunity to talk to a staff member. In asking politely- can we gather more information for the program she looked at me up and down ( I was wearing jeans and TShirt) and coldly replied, sorry not the right time and turned her back on me. I waited about 5 minutes expecting her to tell me when would be a good time but to no avail. I have never been treated like that in Houston let alone trying to apply my child to a PreK program. I've attended open houses and applied to Awty, ROBS, Post Oak and also to St Johns. Never once has the treatment been like that, but rather trying to attract new parents to the school. For those wanting to join- beware- they are judgmental- more importantly I learnt my lesson and will be glad to take my son and my business to another one of Houston's great schools.

A mother of 4 children, I wish all my children could have gone to HPC! It was such a great experience for my son. The school's style of teaching and disciplining transformed my son to learn to love learning, focusing, learning new manners and building confidence. It is a well rounded school. He LOVED HPC!!

Last modified The House At Pooh Corner is a Private school that serves grades PK-K