No rating

Innovative Montessori School

Private | PK-1

Student diversity

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $209,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted March 1, 2013

My daughter has been at this school for a year. I like that the cirriculum is more on discovery than a structured program. I like that it focuses on how to treat others and fundamentals that I think have been lost at academic based preschools. I feel the communication though lacks for working parents. They do not give enough notice for events. Also they want the parent to be involved with mid day activities, yet ask us to take our child home if we attend. As a working parent this school I think is more geared towards a stay at home parent, or a parent that has no set schedule to their career. I do not feel their morning and afternoon "after care" is worth it. This is basically daycare level of service but at a premium price. I love my daughter's teachers. They care very much for each child and are quite committed. They just seem to lack in communicating with each other so I have gotten different answers from different teachers or the information changes without notice. I think if they planned together as a team and then communicated things a bit earlier or thought about working parents, then it would be a much better school.

Posted September 22, 2012

1) Beware of one year commitment 2) Summer Camp is not good 3) Teaching Curriculum is not upto the mark 4)i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL AT ALL

Posted August 22, 2012

I had my child attend this school for 2 years. We could clearly see the transition in the approach the management had during this period. Though they stated the focus is on the child, we could see the shift of orientation from the service towards money. Inspite of boasting to give a clear program (eg, Summer camp), we did not realize any benefit as they are all on paper and nothing effected as stated. Also during this period we saw that they keep the nannies to handle the kids than having qualified teachers which they claim to have. And also there is no transparency and the information shared, varied for every family. There are surprises (more of a shock) that is told, only when the wee hours arrive as they do not maintain clear communication with the concerned families. Also the change in policies, not communicated well in time are directed only to the benefit of the school. To mention - They charge for every minute you delay in picking the child from school in the evening. All of this put us and our child in a stiff situation and decide to leave the school for good. Many of our friends who had their child here also had the same feeling and had to leave school with sad feelings

12280 Westheimer