PK-1|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The school community is very family oriented. The families are warmly welcomed each day and the children happily enter their classroom ready to learn.
September 28, 2015

Bad
Good

Posted October 21, 2015
Great real Montesorri school with many compassionate teachers. My granddaughter has gone for over 4 years now. Was potty trained by two with their great system and support. So nice with a vast selection of animals for the kids to enjoy. Also they keep it green with many inside and outside plants. The director was a teacher so she understands the whole process of keeping all aspects of the school running perfect. We love it and even volunteer often. Nice homey close atmosphere for the little ones around 18 months. Worth the investment!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 28, 2015

Posted October 27, 2014
I had my son attend this school for about a year. A lot of bad stuff here... there were many times I would send someone who was on my child's pick up list to pick him up at the school. Never once did they check ID! I had many bad experiences with injuries not being reported, finding cockroaches in the classrooms, and me coming to pick up my child to find other children outside by themselves crying because the teachers didn t want them in the classroom crying, so their solution was to put the child outside by themselves without adult supervision (alot) I completely see what the previous reviewer was talking about with them treating your child differently and diagnosing your children. Very disorganized, unsanitary and just unsafe for your child. I have now had my son at a new school for about 6 months and there is a HUGE difference. A tip to parents, look for schools that a NAECE certified. This is the top certification they can get as far this certifies everything from facilities to curriculum. With the two previous comments, I just find it a bit suspicious that they were made one day apart. That might just be me, but it might be the teachers logging in and making comments.

Posted August 21, 2014
My tour with this school was so informative. I was shown the entire school and was able to see first hand everything they do - we even went into a classroom with children working. I learned why having your child in a no character school promotes more peaceful play. I feel like I have a good understanding of what Montessori education is and what it gives kids. Families arriving at the school with their children stopped to say hello and welcome me. I was representing a family moving from Europe for my company, but I found it to be the kind of school I wish my kids could have gone to when they were little. It is full of pets and plants and art. It's really a unique little school.

Posted August 20, 2014
The school has a great orientation program. My little boy has attended since 2012. The staff gave me lots of information to apply at home and at every conference they have a portfolio where they store my son's art, observations and they show me how he is advancing in the different learning areas. The price is cheap and well-worth it if you take into consideration the other schools nearby do not have this many degreed teachers. The food served is organic and they teach children about nutrition. My son loves their carrots and hummus snack. They have a butterfly garden and I would often see caterpillars in each classroom to learn about their life cycle. They do have a lot of pets, my son likes to talk to and feed their guinea pigs. I couldn't dream of putting my son anywhere else. The staff love him and he often says he wishes he could go see them outside of school. :)

Innovative Montessori School 3

Posted March 01, 2013
My daughter has been at this school for a year. I like that the cirriculum is more on discovery than a structured program. I like that it focuses on how to treat others and fundamentals that I think have been lost at academic based preschools. I feel the communication though lacks for working parents. They do not give enough notice for events. Also they want the parent to be involved with mid day activities, yet ask us to take our child home if we attend. As a working parent this school I think is more geared towards a stay at home parent, or a parent that has no set schedule to their career. I do not feel their morning and afternoon "after care" is worth it. This is basically daycare level of service but at a premium price. I love my daughter's teachers. They care very much for each child and are quite committed. They just seem to lack in communicating with each other so I have gotten different answers from different teachers or the information changes without notice. I think if they planned together as a team and then communicated things a bit earlier or thought about working parents, then it would be a much better school.

Posted September 22, 2012
1) Beware of one year commitment 2) Summer Camp is not good 3) Teaching Curriculum is not upto the mark 4)i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL AT ALL

Posted August 22, 2012
I had my child attend this school for 2 years. We could clearly see the transition in the approach the management had during this period. Though they stated the focus is on the child, we could see the shift of orientation from the service towards money. Inspite of boasting to give a clear program (eg, Summer camp), we did not realize any benefit as they are all on paper and nothing effected as stated. Also during this period we saw that they keep the nannies to handle the kids than having qualified teachers which they claim to have. And also there is no transparency and the information shared, varied for every family. There are surprises (more of a shock) that is told, only when the wee hours arrive as they do not maintain clear communication with the concerned families. Also the change in policies, not communicated well in time are directed only to the benefit of the school. To mention - They charge for every minute you delay in picking the child from school in the evening. All of this put us and our child in a stiff situation and decide to leave the school for good. Many of our friends who had their child here also had the same feeling and had to leave school with sad feelings

Innovative Montessori School
12280 Westheimer, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified Innovative Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Innovative Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top