No rating

Robert M Beren Academy

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $201,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted December 20, 2009

This is a school that strives to provide the students with the best of both worlds - strong, Jewish education with an equally strong General studies education, making it unique in the community. My kids are happy and growing beautifully here.

Posted October 16, 2009

The classes are small, the love of the students is BIG, the teachers care about each student as an individual, and make sure to communicate and involve the parents in the kids education. They teach great values, and the kids care about each other and their school....Go Beren!

Posted October 10, 2009

An amazing school where kids learn important life skills alongside their general and Judaic studies! We love RMBA!

Posted October 8, 2009

When we were considering our move to Houston it was the school that confirmed our decision. A fantastic, warm environment with great Judaic and General Studies.

Posted October 8, 2009

teacher caring shows in the students caring....... I love the school

Posted October 8, 2009

raises great kids, who think for themselves

Posted October 5, 2009

Robert M. Beren Academy helps students become the best people they can be.

Posted September 23, 2009

I have been a parent at Beren for 6 years and have 4 children in elementary and preschool. I have been immensely impressed with the teachers and staff. They all go out of their way to learn the names of all the kids, which is important in feeling a sense of belonging. But I have been even more impressed with what they have been teaching my children. I've seen my children with other private-schooled children and they are far beyond other children of the same grade. I love the compliments I get on my childrens middot, passion for Israel, and their knowledge of Judaics. I love that my 3rd grader corrects my Hebrew! With the addition the last few years of art and music classes, the education is even more well-rounded.

Posted September 23, 2009

I think Beren is an amazing school. I've never found a place where the staff and faculty care more about the students. The Hebrew language, Judaics, and General studies are all at a very high level. I still can't believe how quickly my son learned to speak Hebrew, and I'm hopeful he'll be able to enter the Gifted program once he's old enough.

Posted September 23, 2009

I am new parent at Beren and we are thrilled with the level of education our children are getting. After only 1 year my son is translating Chumash, reading Hebrew fluently and his English language skills have soared. My children (5 and 7) have developed a huge love for Israel and chesed while being at Beren. It is like being part of one big family. The teachers are ridiculously committed

Posted August 27, 2007

I have been a parent at Beren Academy for 13 years. I am so grateful for the amazing education that my children continue to receive year after year. I have one child in highschool, one in middle school and one in elementary school. My children go to sleep away camp and I always get many compliments on my childrens Hebrew speaking abilities and especially their middot. The school is my partner in educating my children. The school strives to hire the best teachers, provide a wonderful environment and constantly grows its programs across the board for Judaic, General Studies as well as our wonderful after/before school opportunities. The Torah values are clearly evident in everything that the school does and I can't imagine finding a better school anywhere!

Posted January 1, 2006

This is a terrific school. The hebrew, the judaica and the academic curriculum are all excellent. The teachers really take pride in what they do, and know their students. Definite winner. Atletics are weak

Posted June 3, 2005

I found this school to have an excellent Hebrew program...your child will learn to read, write and speak fluent Hebrew. The down side is that the school day is very long...7:45am - 4:00pm. The secular side of the curriculum is not set up for 'gifted' children. So, if you are interested in academics, this is not the school for you. There are no extracurricular activities of elementary kids..and only 2 45 minute sessions of PE a week. This is an orthodox school so do not expect anything less...If your focus is having your child build a strong Jewish identity and learn Hebrew fluentlyl, this is the school for you. Some parents are too involved...and others not enough.

11333 Cliffwood Dr