PK-5|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am very disturbed about the review Something is fishy . The honest truth is our staff turnover is extremely low. Our teachers have all been with WMS for 5 or more years and most of our classroom assistants have been with us for over 5 years, with only one with us for less than 5 years. We usually see turnover in our after-school staff, primarily because they are mostly college students who move on after completing their degree. Our most recent hire for the after-school staff has been with us for 5 months and she was hired to replace an employee who resigned after being with us for 6 years. I don t understand why the person posting this review said that we have replaced all of our assistants twice within the last 8 months. That is simply not true. In addition, I have not received a complaint from any parent in our school regarding "hum-drum" work being given to their student. The reviewer stated that he/she taught their child to read, write, subtract, count and spell. All of these concepts are taught and/or reinforced in all of our programs. If this parent was not happy with our program, it would have been beneficial for the child, the parent and the school if I had been made aware of the concerns. I would specifically request that anyone interested in Westside Montessori School for their children to please call or come by the school for a tour. We will be able to answer all of your questions and concerns and you will be able to see the stable, caring and nurturing environment we are so proud of at WMS.
December 13, 2010

Bad
Good

Westside Montessori School 4

Posted January 24, 2011
I completely agree with the Principal. Our child went to WMS for 2 years before I was relocated by my company to a different state. I cannot speak highly enough of what a great job the Principal and her faculty do to make this one of the best Montessori Programs in Houston. Pulling my child from this school is the one thing I regret about my move out of State. The level or standard of teaching at WMS is absolutely phenomenal. This is one of the reasons why they have a waiting list without an agressive advertising campaign.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted December 13, 2010

Westside Montessori School 1

Posted December 07, 2010
There is something fishy with this school. In 8 months, all of the teacher aids were replaced twice. Why? This school can't hold on to their employees? The parental involvement is based on what the school says is correct: donate money to support our financial private business endeavors of expanding the school, and volunteer your time to make our grounds and equipment attractive. Parental involvement is reinforcing concepts, fostering development. I taught my child to read--not the school. I taught my child how to subtract, count, spell, and write. Not the school. Although I repeatedly told the teacher what I had taught my child, these ideas were not reinforced and my child was just given hum-drum work.

Westside Montessori School 5

Posted August 09, 2009
This school is so wonderful. The staff is caring and professional and the atmosphere is very pleasant. We enjoyed the summer program and the extra-curricular activities are superior. My child took Arts Ala Carte and now he can't stop talking about Vincent Van Gogh...we were very impressed!

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter has been in this school since 18 months , now she is 5 years , It is an amazing school , with caring teachers , a wonderfull staff! the parents involment is amazing , since it is a non profit org , their is a lot of volunteer work for those interested , for me being involved in my daughters education is a 'must' so I have been volunteering all these years , and it has been gratifying experience. My daughter wakes up everyday excited to go to school. It is amazing how kids of different ages learn together in a class. They learn by individual lesson given by the teacher and by watching others recieve their lesson , the best part is that the child gets to give a lesson too. They feel so pround of them selfs!!! Definetly consider The Montesorri Method in your childs education

Posted October 17, 2008
Before we decided for WMS, we went to observe a toddler class not only in this school but in all Montessoris in the area. I only can say that this is the best Montessori you can find, the staff is very commited and parent's involvement is awesome (WMS is a cooperative owned by the parents). I also like that there are kids from every corner of the world, so what your kid learns goes beyond any curriculum. Highly recommended.

Westside Montessori School 5

Posted November 25, 2007
Our daughter has been attending this school since she was 18 months old. She is in elementary program now. Teachers have been excellent in providing caring and supportive environment, and work wids individually in teaching them to overcome developmental challenges. Academically, she has done very well, and teachers make sure that all kids are challanged and able to achieve mastery of new tasks/skills. Excellent environment that promotes individual thinking and indepedence as well as multicultural values through which kids learn to work cooperatively and respectfully w/each other. Parents have significant involvement in school activities.

Westside Montessori School 2

Posted October 05, 2007
I've had my son at this school since 2005. Recently our son experienced some problems in the classroom, and nobody have been willing to work with us to address his difficulties. Ultimately we had to move him to a different school.

Westside Montessori School 4

Posted January 30, 2006
great school, my son learned a lot in this school and is very advanced

13555 Briar Forest Drive, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified Westside Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Westside Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top