No rating

Champions Christian Academy

Private | PK-7 | 200 students

We are best known for excellent Christian education.

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $109,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted January 7, 2014

My Children currently attend this school. The staff is amazing, the principal replies to all her emails (including evenings & weekends). The curiculum is challenging in some grades but not on others. I wished they had more extracurricular activites and a gym. Lower levels do not work on homework after school, I wish they would work on some of it. They get assigned a lot of homework. I still highly recommend this school to anyone looking for christian environment. :)

Posted July 30, 2013

My son has attended CCA (a non denominational Christian school preschool through middle school) for 2 years, this will be his 3rd year. He is in elementary school, and we hope to stay through middle school. CCA is in the Champions/Greenspoint area!! The preschool was just completely remodeled, which was needed. The new classrooms are huge and much nicer - with bathrooms in every class!! I like CCA because the entire staff is friendly, the environment safe, tuition is affordable, AND the academics solid. If you make an effort, you can really have many good connections at CCA with staff and teachers - they are my support system!! I have loved all my son's teachers. The cost is so affordable compared to other schools. The classes are smaller too. CCA isn't fancy, but it is a great school. A Beka Curriculum is the BEST!! Thank you for having this great website - I am happy to help CCA spread the good word!!!

Posted July 3, 2013

I do not have a child attending Champions Christian Academy yet, however, I made an inquiry today and the staff (Asst. Principal & Booker) were extrememly helpful. I was amazed at the level of customer service I received. I am considering schools for my daughter next year and this one is at the top of the list. I'm excited to tour the campus and get my daughter started.

Posted October 25, 2012

Great school....My daughter is also in PreK 4 and her teacher is great and she is a real teacher not just a day care worker. The class has a teacher and an assistant which i'm sure helps b/c 4 yr olds can make anyone crazy. Overall she may even start Kindergarten here also b/c the school makes sure to keep Christ in Christian. Ask any parent about Romans 16:19 lol i'm sure they know the song. Also the Vice Principal is very very nice.

Posted September 14, 2012

My child loves this school and it has been a great experience for our family. He has made lots of friends and enjoys going to school everyday. He is only in Pre-k 4, and is already doing kindergartin work. I like that it is a christian school because it teaches him a lot of good qualities that will carry on with him for the rest of his life. The cost is very affordable and before/after school care is included. I made a good choice with CCA.

Posted March 7, 2012

My child will not officially start CCA until 8/2012 and I can't wait. I was out looking for a new school for my daughter for Kindergarten and I just stopped to get information and/or to schedule an appointment. The director, I must say is great. She took me into her office and told me about the school and what they offer. She took me around the school and we went to every grade level class to view. I was very surprised to see that some of the teachers had been there since 1994. All the teachers were very nice and helpful to answer any questions that I had. I must say that there website is very helpful. It has everything on it that you need to know. Lets just say that I left CCA with a great feeling and I enrolled my child that day!!!

Posted July 2, 2009

Champions Christian Academy is an amazing place. Kind, Christian staff provide a highly organized experience for every child. My child benefits from the academics, the music, art, P.E. and computers. But even more, my child has learned, in a loving environment to be a person of character. The administration is so committed to every single child and every family. They always give the time to parents that parents need, they are extremely safe with events like field trips or field day, and they're always looking for ways to be better. My child's SAT scores were truly amazing this year and even more, he's so happy. My child is happy, and performing well ahead of grade level.....I give CCA an A+!

Posted May 13, 2009

School teachers are good, but the administration can't seem to turn off the preschool talk when talking to parents! Very rude and business is very unorganized. Administration changes have been made and are not cumunicated. If you are searching for a school keep looking. My child has been there this year only and will not be attending next year. Take a concearned parents advice.

Posted January 26, 2008

My child started with CCA in Nov.07, and overall she is adapting well. As a parent,I do feel that her teacher doesn't appear to be very approachable or friendly as well as some other staff members. The Director has been wonderful and I have been pleased with the school. I would recommend this school to others.

Posted July 9, 2007

We love CCA so much. The best thing is the principal. (I think her title is Director of Education.) She takes the time to speak and smile everyday even when she's busy. And the awards program she designed was incredible. Every single child in the school was honored. Our child felt like a real winner! And if I have a concern or need anything accomplished, she is quick to return phone calls, gather information for me, etc. We like the teachers and staff too. The academics are challenging, but not ridiculous; and the Christian environment is a great blessing.

Posted April 11, 2007

My grandson has attended Champions Christian Academy for his entire school career. Although I am the grandmother, I am very involved and deal with the staff weekly. This is the most gracious, wonderful staff you could ever imagine. Highly concerned about every child as an individual, the administrator and education director work closely with teachers and parents to make sure every child has a great academic experience. Teachers are well-trained, loaded with experience, and most of all loving and Godly. I find it easy to be a parent/grandparent here. It is a highly organized school with loads of extra activities. The recent field trip to the Blue Bell Ice Cream plant was a real hit with the kids...but for me, the safety, organization and excellence were key. Also, my grandson is reading 5+ years above grade level! I would suggest that parents stop their search --this is the right school!

Posted April 11, 2007

The first thing I noticed about CCA was how friendly the Education Director was to us when we toured. I immediately felt welcomed and wanted. I have had that same experience with the teachers and all the staff. Academics are HIGH and the Christian influence is great. We love starting the day with Praise and Worship and love that our child even has chapel weekly. I recommend this school highly.

Posted April 4, 2007

My child has been attending Champions Christian for 2 years of his elementary school. Both years have been excellent. My husband and I feel very blessed to have found a small school that teaches non-denominational Christian values and has an excellent academic curriculum. They do testing every spring and last year our child tested well above his grade level. The teachers have been very warm, nurturing, and excellent - the A Beka curriculum is our favorite. The education director is highly skilled and very helpful to us from our first day. I feel well-informed of school activities, and our child has had many opportunities to enter ACSI scholastic competitions with other Christian schools in the area which we have enjoyed. As a bonus, they are open long hours and we do not pay extra for this extended care.

Posted March 29, 2007

Very wonderful school! Has made a lifetime difference for my child! The tuition is the best -- includes extended day care and lunch everyday. The only way anyone could find CCA over priced is if they haven't checked other tuition rates in our area. I don't know how CCA provides such quality at such a reasonable price. The administrative staff is so kind and loving and the teachers go well above and beyond the call of duty. My child will remember CCA forever as a place where he was allowed to grow and learn in a loving environment. Also, the extras like awesome field trips can't be beat. Thank you CCA!

Posted March 7, 2007

My children have been going here for 2 school semesters. I love the curriculum & the staff is helpful & great. However, I do feel that it is unorganized & could include breakfast for the Elementary buildings, along with snacks. Tuition continues to rise, but nothing to show for it. If a notice is to be sent home to the parents in regards to a function, we usually get it the day before. For Go Western Day, we received a notice the day before that there was going to be a contest for the best western wear. Who is able to purchase something in that short amount of time? Needless to say, our children were not able to participate & they were very upset & hurt. Also, there are no after school programs, such as sports or piano, etc.

Posted February 19, 2007

We Love CCA! The teachers encourage the children to progress academically at a comfortable pace, and seek opportunities to teach them how to be better people, too. Friendly, knowledgable and helpful administration, invested in helping my child succeed. Communicative and approachable teachers, always willing to let me know how my child is doing. The small staff is incredibly hard-working and gives the school a 'family' feel. Drive-through drop off and pick up is Very convenient for parents. Great lunches and extended care included in reasonable tuition. Pleasantly racially diverse, too. We simply can't imagine sending our child anywhere else.

Posted September 28, 2006

Very displeased with school and its administration! Policies change often and school is very unorganized. Keep looking - there are better choices out there! The overall feeling is harsh and unfriendly.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students PE instructor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • Lynda Andrews
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (281) 440-3132

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Tutor