Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 25, 2016
We are all in this together and by inviting me to share my artistic abilities with the children. Thanks to Ms. P. Thomas.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 25, 2016
Reactions from the kids give me an idea of how the teachers are and most I have met. A true picture is staying involved and engaged with all concern.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 25, 2016
Children need to keep the mind active and open to continue the learning process. Pro education even at home.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 25, 2016
As volunteer,found this statement holds true for all students which is a good thing . Very imressed.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted April 25, 2016
When there is an emergency or need to come to the school, there is no hesitation for a phone call.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted April 25, 2016
At all times, my experiences have been with the school compassion, caring , and empathy have developed fully.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 25, 2016
Through 20 years of experience with the school and a good rapport with staff, children, and teachers..

Varnett Charter School 5

Posted April 25, 2016
Life is short and we are bound to encounter the trials of life or the school of life. We all desire to have the best for our children. An advocate of quality education I chose Varnett. For over 20 years Varnett has been a part of my life with now three grandchildren. The oldest sharing school years from pre-k to graduation. We shared good memorable years which encouraged my decision to enroll the other two in the Varnett School. Coming from the 22 year old, " Varnett was a genuine good foundation in my educational journey.'' "Separated from many of my Varnett friends, ironically we met again and graduated from Lamar sharing the years at Varnett,'' My thoughts capturing the memories leads to a spirit of excellence, a quality academic curriculum, a high standard of education meeting the socioeconomic needs of the community, preparing our future generations and teachers of high concern for the students achievement are all valuables in my opinion of the Varnett School. Thanks for this opportunity to share this great educational experience in spite of some negative past, our children are our future. Of course, there are always opportunities for growth and challenges and that's what we as parents are for to volunteer and help by any means necessary. Varnett School.

Varnett Charter School 1

Posted October 21, 2015
Horrible school they call for every little thing they suspend my child for laughing... My daughter hated it she said they wasn't teach her anything

Varnett Charter School 5

Posted October 14, 2015
I loved Varnett! My son (Ethan) attends kindergarten and I like the fact that he is learning first grade material! The teacher Mrs. Thornton is GREAT! She makes it fun to learn and communicates with parents. Very good curriculum and I love the fact they keep you updated daily on your child progress.

P O Box 1457, Houston, TX  77251
Last modified Varnett Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.