Public charter
Houston, TX

Varnett Charter School 3

Posted November 04, 2014
My two daughters attend vernett on northeast. Scool let students in at 730am. It could be better at 7am.because Breakfast ends at 750am. Parking is compact and difficult going and comming. They want let students enter biulding till 730. So when we get there at 7am we have to wait outside.school starts at (8am)...if u arrive late, you will have to sit (30minutes)to8:30am. (That makes us more late to make it to work on time).I'm usually on time with my schedule.they really make you more late with this system.

Posted March 12, 2014
Don't send your child to this school. The clerk Ms.Bradley is in charge and she is very rude and disrespectful.This school is all about money.They are not concerned about the students. The Superintendent/owner/principal/school board .....yes I said school board amazing for her to be all these things right this should be illegal. Ms.Cluff is very rude as well.I had concerns regarding my child and they refuse to hear me out.I would not reccomend this school to anyone your child will be behind accedemically.

Posted January 29, 2014
My grandson has experiences great success at the Varnett Southwest Campus. He has been attending Varnett for three years and I have confidence in the quality of education he is receiving. He has scored at or above on all areas on all standardized test taken. There is an adequate child/staff ratio. The staff are caring professionals. Varnett as well as all schools could benefit from additional parental support. They utilize excellent educations programs. The campus is very secured and safe.

Posted January 16, 2014
This is my child first year and I hate this school. My child has had 3 teachers since Aug. The one teacher that has been there through the changes is great. She teaches them sign language and make them feel important.I hope she stays because if my baby get one more teacher I'm going to go off.My child come home everyday and tell me how nice and exciting Mrs.Laverne is so the fact that she is with my baby makes me feel comfortable. She tells me about the good not just the bad my child does and she takes time to talk and answer your questions and if she is not sure just makes effort to find out for you and contact you back. But the principal/director Ms.Cluff is rude and stays on the phone talking loud. The management is poor and they are always asking for money for anything and if they have dress out of uniform day they charge the kids $3.00 to $5.00 every time they do it. And if you forget to pay or your child loses the money on the bus they are calling you over and over even if you at work. Its all about the money with them. Don't send your kids here it's so unorganized.

Posted January 08, 2014
It is so funny that most of the good reports are from teahers... THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL ANY KID SHOULD ATTEND IF A STABLE ENVIRONMENT IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR 3 Teaches from August to Nvember!! Money is the #1 objective at this School . PLEASE PLACE YOUR CHILDS NAME ON EVERYTHING THEY OWN. my brought all of his materials and yes he did loose his folder once but 3 was required why was I informed to purchase another. I Marched right up to that school and had them find my son another folder I was not about to purchase another I dont care and dont know if anything else was passed from class to class. BUT IT IS UNFAIR FOR SOMEONE TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING NEEDED AND EXPECTED TO PURCHASE MORE MATERIALS

Varnett Charter School 5

Posted January 08, 2014
In my experience as a parent, I was very impressed with my children s teacher. My children were able to have the same teacher for Pre-K and Kindergarten. With this one teacher, my children were able to excel greatly. My kids were able to speak and write clearly and their comprehension was very good. I was very impressed when my children were able to tell their Daddy and me, I m able to do my homework by myself. I check their homework and for the most part everything is right.

Posted January 08, 2014
My daughter and son attended Varnett East Campus. My daughter developed her love for learning, and she also learned to read. She still loves to read to this day. My son also learned to read. He matured tremendously and his temper tantrums went away. The teachers really care about the kids.

Posted January 08, 2014
My two sons attended the SW campus during 2008 - 2013The oldest began in the 3rd grade and the youngest in the 1st grade, I must agree with parents that the teachers are NOT reliable. My 3rd grader had 3 teachers in less than 6 weeks. This was very disturbing for the students and parents. Not the best impression. Little did I know that this was very typical, especially after the winter break. Academically speaking I was pleased with the schools curriculum and high standards. They work very hard with the students. Uniforms are very overpriced but it differs them from other schools.Spring trips are pricy but very educational and fun. Transportation after school is convenient. Overall the school has its flaws but they get there job done. That's what really matters. At least for me.

Posted January 07, 2014
This is the worst school hands down! The people are very ghetto, and the entire school is in organized. Look up the superintendents name Annette Cluff, and you will see she is under investigation. This is sad sad place. My kids still go here unfortunately, but next school year they will not. Some people are nice e.g the nurse, but everyone else is super ratchet! My son has had 3 teachers since August 2013, bc the teachers keep leaving. Ms. Cluff waltz her white head azz around there like she God. Her attitude is do stank. You can tell she feels she is better than the average person. Long story short do your research on this school please.

Posted October 24, 2013
Research before enrolling your child or before applying for a job at this school. The turnover rate is high due to professionalism and the kids end up getting the short end of the stick.

Varnett Charter School
Po Box 1457, Houston, TX  77251
Last modified Varnett Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Varnett Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top