Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,139

Horn Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2014
It is sad to see when a few people take it upon themselves to do terrible things to teachers who are working so hard. There are very few quality teachers at Horn now because of those people who put so much pressure on them.

Horn Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2011
I was a student at Horn Elementary a few years ago. Now I am in middle school. The teachers I had then were very supportive and nice. I'd like to recommend the following teachers: Ms. Baker, Ms. Washington, Mr. Tingle, Mr. White, Ms. Hoops, Ms. Hirsh, Ms. Matthew, Ms. E There were things I didn't understand but they took their time to help me out. Thank you all. ILY <3

Posted August 25, 2010
This school is not a 'parents friendly' type of school. I am so disappointed for enrolling my kids this year. Not sure about teachers but staffs treated parents as of we are begging them for our children to attend here. I am thinking about getting my child off this school.

Horn Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2009
HI MY NAME IS JENNIFER AND I WLL BE ENROLLING MY SECOND CHILD INTO HORN,AND I AM VERY PROUD OF THIS SCHOOL.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Posted April 30, 2009
I agree with the previous logs about Horn. The one major thing that bothers me is the way the teachers talk to the children. Then they wonder why the kids dont respect them. And yes the school is not in riveroaks or katy but that doesnt matter. An adult who has a role as a educator should not belittle, disrespect, and or ignore these kids. I have always played a major part in my child's school. I have visited that school many times and each time as a visitor in the hall i have heard teachers speak about the kids in a VERY bad way. Regarless of who is standing there they have continued their conversation as if nothing is going!! I am transferring my child for 2010 school and wish Horn the best.

Horn Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2008
Horn is a great school where most of the teachers are very supportive and do what's best for the children. Everywhere you go you're going to have those teachers that yell or are negative with children, but that does not account for all teachers. My child has been there since the school opened. Yes there has been problems, but that is to be expected with a brand new school. Also, we do not live in the best area of town and some of the children are very disrepectful. I've seen children completely defy their teacher in the classroom and the teacher remained calm and collected. You can't judge the bunch based on one apple. I would recommend this school to any parent!

Posted October 25, 2007
My children attended Horn for several years. I was often shocked at the way teachers spoke to these kids...shouldn't they be modeling exemplary behavior? I was also disappointed at the wasted time that seemed to be occuring day after day. Ending on a positive; the administrative staff is quite supportive, it is a bonus going to a neighborhood school and there is a lot of parental involvement.

Horn Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2007
I really love horn because the children get to learn in a great facility and are very well behaved and the teachers and staff are great

Horn Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
So far this is a new school,so there is no data yet on anything.Programs aren't up and running because of the lack of charge inside the school.Kids are getting away with a lot.All the extras are great at this school.There are many new teachers,and they are short on staff members.It seems like everyone is doing the best they can.As a parent,I don't want to wait for next year to see if my child has a problem.The biggest red flag is, I've seen the 3rd and 4th grade yelled at day after day.It's a harsh place to be for over 40 hours a week.We need better for our children.

Horn Elementary School
10734 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX  77099
Last modified Horn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top