Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,003

Posted June 11, 2014
I LOOOVE Laura Bush elementary School, my son was there for 2 years (dual program). Teachers are great, professional and lovely with the kids. My son was really happy there, thank you Laura Bush team, we'll keep you in our hearts forever!

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
This school lacks communication between teacher and parent. School staff appears indifferent about students and appear to care more about self appearance and often I find the teacher(s) doesn't work with the students to succeed in their grade level or a certain subject that they may be struggling in ,I'm not saying every teacher is like this just pay attention to certain ones.

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
This school is very unorganized and no communication between teacher and parent. School staff appears indifferent about students and appear to care more about self appearance. The teachers do not appear interesting in the students based on what I have seen in the mornings. They are firm about the "rider or walker" rules. The 1st week of school teachers did not explain the "rider or walker" rules and many parents were upset because they had to wait 30 minutes until all other student were picked up. I think principle and assistant principle should've apologized about the lack of communication and confusion. Instead they were full of excuses and just plain careless. Two weeks later my neighbor was sent home walking while her mom was in the rider line. Where is the security and the trust? Also they make the kids stand in the mosquito infested grass and sun when walking them to the stop sign after school. By this time our kids are exhausted, hot, sweaty, and thirsty. The only thing they want is to run to their parents but the teachers quickly yell at the students and punish them by stopping the line in the hot sun. Very unprofessional staff and need major changes.

Posted July 17, 2013
This is a wonderful school. Students feel safe eventhough it is a very big school. Teachers are very highly qualified. The administration team is very friendly and available to parents. They support all languages in our community.

Posted June 07, 2012
Outstanding school, outstanding teachers. My son is in First grade, had a great year, pick up traffic is the only issue at the school, but they have made great improvements.

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School

Posted October 17, 2008
Teaching in this school and follow up on individual pupils is excellent.

Posted August 24, 2008
I have both my children in this school and I think the teachers are great as well as the rest of the staff.

Posted November 10, 2007
I am a teacher as well as a parent with Laura Bush . This school is excellent, the teachers are wonderful and the provide a safe place for the kids.

Posted February 13, 2007
I love this school. I have a 1st grader and a 2nd grader that attends Laura Bush and they love it. The quality of performance from the staff is superb. I'm really excited to be part of the new beginning here at Laura Bush.

Posted September 18, 2006
I really like Laura Bush programs. To be able to give my child the opportunity to exercise daily to start her day. She really enjoys that. Also, the weekly report of your child conducts and grades is a good way to knowing how your child is progressing. I really would like if Laura Bush can have the lunch program online that will be helpful and easy for parents, to know how much is in there child spending account. To sum it up I really like Laura Bush new school! Thanks so much

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School
9100 Blackhawk Boulevard, Houston, TX  77075
Last modified Laura Welch Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laura Welch Bush Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top