Harvey S Brown Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2010
I have 2 boy that attend Harvey Brown, one in first grade the other in kindergarten. I am pleased with the school in general, however my kindergarten son has a disability and since he started at the school he has gotten worse. I do not believe they a have good special needs program in place. I have voiced my concerns and they say they will observe him next year. He needs help now!! So now I am looking for a school that can accomdate my son and help him get better private or public.

Harvey S Brown Elementary School 0

Posted August 17, 2009
My son has attended Harvey Brown Elementary school since kindergarten. For the last four years he has had lots of success. The teachers work hard to make sure that they are teaching the students on their level. The assistant principal has called to report good news about my son. This is not very common. I would say that if I had a choice in which school he should attend, I would definately chose Harvey Brown.

Harvey S Brown Elementary School 5

Posted June 07, 2009
I think it is a great school. The teachers and administrators care about the children. My child has always done well. If a parent will participate and work with the teachers, your child will succeed. Too often our society simply wants to drop their children off and expect a miracle. I work with my child. I chose Harvey Brown. It was a good choice!

Harvey S Brown Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2009

Harvey S Brown Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2009
Overall, I feel that my daughter has not been given a good foundation at Harvey Brown Elementary. Currently, my daughter is in kndergarten and she can not read, write the alphabet correctly,or count hight than fifty. As a teacher myself, I feel that her teacher is more concerned with gum chewing than teaching. Therefore, this summer I will have to pay for a tutoring to help prepare her for the first grade. hopefully, next year she will have a great teacher.

Harvey S Brown Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2008
office team , very unhappy with them make too many mistakes , calling the wrong parents, last year I was called like 10 times , for a child that wasn't my child, that will always get in trouble. this kid was in second grade , mine in 4th, you would think they will check first, ( diffrent grade , teacher and age ) I talk to the principal , didn;t help, they are still making the same mistakes. they make me get off work , go pick him up and guess what wrong child. I thought it will change , new school year but no , they are still calling me. can't wait for school to be over, so he can go to the other school, but the teachers ( great 10+ ) office staff ( really bad 0- )

Harvey S Brown Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2007
My son goes to this school, he is in kindergarten. I think it is ok, if and only if you get a good teacher. Overall, it is a clean school, partly because it's new. And they do inform you about things that go in in the school with a parent news letter. Although i have never been, they always have these 'coffee with the counselors',i think they are monthly, to talk about your child's progress, i assume. Over all it's alright,if your child has to go to a public channelview school.

Harvey S Brown Elementary School
16550 Wallisville Road, Houston, TX  77049
Last modified Harvey S Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvey S Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top