No rating

Parkview Baptist School

Student diversity

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $510,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted January 28, 2014

What trade school accepts pbs diploma I'm almost About to give up i tried Kaplan university i was denied and at stvt can anyone PlEASE HELP what online college accepts this diploma

Posted August 15, 2013

I attended PVB back in 2001 and graduated in Aug of 2002. I since then attended Houston Community College and became a Registered Dental Assistant in 2007. I then returned full time in 2008-2009. I am now going to attend an online University to achieve my Applied Science Associate's degree in Buisness Management. Then continue for my Bachelor's.

Posted September 23, 2011

So far I have been able to work and attend two different colleges after getting a diploma from PBS. I meet with with a army recruiter next week to start the reserves.

Posted November 10, 2010

The school does allow you to receive your diploma but they dont tell you that No college or technical school will accept this diploma you can ask any college or technical school so that you dont waste your time money and be dissapointed like I am I have to either go back to high chool or obtain a ged.

Posted July 11, 2010

Parkview has helped me to and graduate early they have been nothing but helpful in finding a good college for me. I have learned so much thanks to Parkview the principal has help motivate me, and keep my mind on the goal I have set for myself. I am forever grateful for the experience that Parkview has given to me. They have motivated me to get a job while in school. They also recommended that I pay for the schooling myself instead of my parents to teach me responsibility. Thank you Parkview for molding me into the person I am today.

Posted April 28, 2010

i advice no one go here,'the one is Houston' service horrible, the diploma is fake, there mostly banned and you can't further Ur education out of states, which happened to me. the staff dont care, the teachers or uncertified. One of them people i talked to cursed me out and was disrespectful, my friend went there and now is mad cause she neither cant attend different colleges. dont waste your money try National High school online or Orion high school i did that there certified with the sacs which is good. they have great low payment plans

Posted May 14, 2009

GREAT school. Had 2 daughters graduate from here. Helped them to stay on the right path and give them a start in life. Both are attending college.

Posted August 3, 2008

A wonderful learning experience for my son. Mr. Chesson has an incredible legacy of positively changing the lives of many thousands of young people. Catherine Norton Bernelle

Posted July 15, 2008

My Kids love the school I give it an A+

Posted May 22, 2008

Parkview is very few of many schools that are willing to help those in need of a diploma, and I'm very thankful for that. I am 18 years old, an honor roll student with many goals for my future. I cannot walk with my class (2008) @ Pearland High School because I did not pass Math TAKS! What kind of foolishness is this? You come all this way, and strive hard for 12 years to be told no at the end of the road. Its not fair, and its not right to let a test control a student who has worked so hard for 12 years from walking across the stage to recieve that piece of paper. Im so thankful to God that he has placed the principal of Parkview Baptist on this world to encourage and help those seniors who are in the situation that I'm in. Thank You PV!

Posted April 22, 2008

Great school for my son,the best thing I could have ever done for him. I feel he has learned more with Parkview, because they take out time to help with any problem you my be having or if you dont understand something they will tutor you for 1 hour a day.

Posted November 7, 2007

This school is excellent! I almost did not receive my Diploma at my other school because of a Math TAKS test. And PBS helped me out. Now I can look forward to college. Which I'm starting next year overseas. I'm glad this school offered me an alternative plan.

Posted August 30, 2007

Parkview 'Baptist' School should neither be classified as Baptist, nor as a 'school'. My child attended Parkview last year, and is now having to repeat a grade, or test-out to be in the grade she should be in.

Posted May 17, 2007

Because of Parkview my child did not have to tolerate 12 years of his life being stolen from him due to one part of a TASK test. Thanks for allowing us to graduate with your 2007 class. It was truly a blessing. My son was also approached by a scout that night which helps confirmed it was well worth the transfer. Thanks

Posted November 19, 2006

When I dropped out of school at 16 I was very depressed beacuse I was going through alot of hard times in my life and my Cousin Josh had just commited suicide. I gave up hope after that and didn't really care anymore. When I turned 18 I gained a new outlook on life and decided that I will NOT be another stereotype in society so with the help of a friend, I looked into Parkview Homeschool. The staff there and the best guy in the world, Mr. Chesson gave me the encouragment that I had needed for so long. They told me it is never too late and that I could succed not just with a G.E.D. but a real Diplmona. I was very excited and wanted to make my family and friends proud, so I stuck with it and Six months later I walked across that stage and recieved my Diploma...Yes! Now I'm on my way to college with my head held high. It just goes to show, anything you put your mind to and a little self motivation can be done. Thank you Parkview Baptist High School, You help me get one step closer to my dream! Oh yeah thats me in the picture up there. Proud as ever. I did it! ~Sincerely, Christa C.
—Submitted by a former student

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious