Windwood Christian Academy

Private | K-5 | 60 students

We are best known for friendly Christian environment.

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $133,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Sweep tile

Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2014

We have been so blessed by our experience at Windwood. My son attended Pre-K and stayed to attend the Academy. The environment is loving and nuturing and parental invovlement is welcomed. The teachers genuninely love the kids and most importantly, Christian principles are part of every day. We came for the small class size and have stayed for the Christian education and nurture.

Posted January 9, 2014

Windwood Christian Academy has been wonderful for my child. The academics are very advanced and it is such a warm and loving Christian atmosphere. I love that there is a maximum of 15 kids per class and they have lots of great field trips, music, art, PE etc. We originally planned to just do kinder there but she loved it so much and the education was so much better we decided to stay and are so glad we did.

Posted August 24, 2011

I was so blessed to find this school. After searching all the other nearby private schools in the area, this one had the most reasonable tuition and extremely knowledgeable teachers who have a real love of teaching. This is now our second year here and I can't even imagine placing my child anywhere else. Not only is she getting a superb academic education due to the small classes, her knowledge of the bible and love of Jesus is remarkable for someone her age. I was also impressed because they teach Spanish and Computers. Most of the other schools I had visited didn't start those subjects until 4th and 5th grade. The thing I like the most about this school is my child doesn't want to miss one minute of it. She is so excited to arrive in the morning and never wants to leave at the end of the day. She is enjoying herself while learning and growing. That is absolutely priceless to me. Love, Love, Love this school!!!

Posted March 31, 2011

I have two children at Windwood and could not be happier with the way this school is run. My son is in Kindergarten and my daughter is at the PreSchool. I truely believe the teachers are here for the right reasons. I am very proud to say my children attend Windwood.

Posted March 30, 2011

My son attends Kindergarten at Windwood Christian Academy. The reading program is excellent. He was reading books by Christmas. In the second semester he is writing sentences and spelling words. I am amazed at all he has learned. It is obvious that the faculty care for the children. The principal and teachers are very careful to maintain a nurturing and Christ centered environment for the students. I highly recommend Windwood Christian Academy.

Posted March 30, 2011

My child had an AMAZING start with Windwood. Her kindergarten teacher EXCEEDED my expectations. I was thrilled that by the end of the school year she could read on a 2/3 grade level. Now she is in 1st grade (and has weekly spelling test - can your child spell Punxsutawney?), and her reading has advanced even more! If your desire is to have your child surrounded by the love of God, truly caring teachers, have an excellent education, and be in an atmosphere where he or she can grow and feel good about their relationship with God and friends, then I highly recommend Windwood Christian Academy.

Posted March 30, 2011

We have four children that go to Windwood. Two of them are in the academy and the other two are in the mother day out programs. Our two older children love the school and their teachers. They excel in academics because the class sizes are so small and the teachers have time to teach. our four year old is starting to read this year and is excited about kindergarden. and last but not least our son loves the music, painting and learning about Jesus! This school has been such a blessing to our family!!!! Hope to meet you soon....

Posted July 27, 2010

My child attended Kindergarten and 1st grade at Windwood Christian Academy and will be returning this fall for 2nd grade. I highly recommend WCA to everyone exploring private school options! The faculty and staff are very accessible and responsive, know each child by name, and are sincere and committed to their goal of educating students in a safe, nurturing, Christian environment. Students have the opportunity to participate in art, music, computers, PE, Spanish, Bible, library, extracurricular clubs, service projects and field trips. Tuition is very reasonable and class sizes are small, no more than 15 students per class. School procedures are convenient, and parent involvement is welcomed. Both my husband and I place a high priority on quality education, and my child is a strong student. We have been very pleased with the academic program at Windwood and feel very much at home.

Posted May 14, 2010

My son has been so happy at this school. The faculty are all so nurturing. My son is in Kindergarten and started reading practically in the first month. Tuition is not as high as some other schools. Small classes, Spanish teacher, computers, gym class, and extra curricular activities and clubs. They really have it all!

Posted October 15, 2009

I have had two children in the Academy and have been very pleased with all aspects of the school. The teachers are creative, engaging, and their love for the children shows. I had the opportunity to be on staff and saw how things worked behind the scenes. I became more impressed and had a greater respect for the administrators as I saw their superb leadership and genuine care for the students and teachers. If you are looking for an alternative for your child, I highly recommend Windwood Christian Academy.

Posted October 3, 2009

My son is in kindergarten here and couldn't be happier. We have found the staff to be very cooperative and informative as well as creative. They are quick to adopt programing to meet the individual needs of students -- providing enrichment for those who are ready for it and providing extra help to those who need it. We have been very impressed with the new principle who has expanded the extracurricular options by developing several clubs (my son wants to be in 5!) Her enthusiasm has been contagious. We are looking forward to many years at the Academy!

Posted June 29, 2007

Our Son has gone here for Bridge class and it was a wonderful program. Our child was all ready reading going into Kinder. He also attended Kindergarten here and will be going into first grade at this school. They have a Spanish teacher who comes in once a week. Even the kindergartners use the computers on a regular bases. The teachers are loving and personable. I would recommend it to anyone.

Asian 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:15pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (281) 378-4081

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Dress Code
  • Dress code

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Klein ISD
Tomball ISD
Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Klein ISD