No rating

Apple Tree School

Private | PK-3

Living in Houston

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $109,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted October 2, 2013

I love this school, Great staff! Great education! The school has been educating children for over fourty years, They provide a great loving christian enviroment for children. I would not go anywhere else.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 9, 2012

My children attended Apple Tree and we all loved it! Due to personal family matters we had to take them out. Although it was expensive and tuition increasing for the fall 2012 school year, I wouldn't want to take my children anywhere else. They were potty trained very quickly and learned shapes, colors, nursery rhymes, social skills and their Abc's quicker than any child I have ever seen. They are way above average and for that I am grateful for apple tree. The owner and assistant were very warm and compassionate, but also knew when to get things done. I felt comfortable leaving my babies there every day and the teachers were beyond incredible! Thank you apple tree for such a wonderful experience!

Posted March 14, 2012

I was looking for a pre-school that really teaches children and am so amazed with ALL they have learned this year! Enrollment just opened up for the next school year and we were concerned with the increase in tuition for the up coming year, so we shopped the market to compare..... Oh what a surprise mt husband and I experienced. I cant believe anyone would leave their children at the other schools. Apple Tree is so worth the extra few dollars!!!!

Posted March 14, 2012

I love this school. the teachers and the two owners are awesome. They are work to make sure my children are safe and loved! KUDOS TO THE OWNERS!

Posted March 8, 2012

We love everything about this school! My children have learned so much. As far as some of the other comments I can only say you get what you pay for and this place is well worth it!,,,

Posted February 27, 2012

The TEACHERS make the school. They are wonderful, They truly love the kids and love what they are doing. I love the fact that the class ratio is small which provides for better learning. Be aware of all the extras in addition to the tuition especially the $20 activity fee that is ADDED to the tuition price. To this day I do not know what activities they do that require $20 because every activity that they do the parents have to pay more. I truly think that the OWNER only sees $$$$$ when it comes to the kids. She can be very rude, but I only witnessed that never experienced it. Overall it is a GREAT school, but all good things do come to an end and it will not be because of the TEACHERS its will be because of the increase in prices yearly. $200 increase in price in 3 years is a bit to much.

Posted January 5, 2012

My daughter social skills has improved greatly since enrolling at this school. However as a private school I wish the owner/director would recognize that some of the kids attending are advance and need to consider allowing such advance kids to enroll in a higher grade or at least offer some type of challenging academic programs like head start, magnet, or vanguard. Fees and tution being charge are higher than other private school in area but for a low teacher/child ratio I guess it is worth it . The teachers seem to love the kids and kids seem to be very happy here.

Posted August 28, 2011

The administration at Apple Tree should not be directing traffic, let alone be responsible for young minds. Aside from their rude and entitled behavior, the duo of Yates and Bell are the "Dangerous Minds" at this institution. Examples of thier behavior include but are not limited to shouting matches with parents, video taping students without permission from the parents, unprofessional communication with parents, physically handling kids in a manner that was actually described as "fighting or winning that battle, when it came to a 4yr old child." Clearly the Napolean complex of the director needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Parents beware!!

Posted August 22, 2011

My son attended this school for a full year. In the beginning the first few month was exciting, he was learning and loved the teachers. The longer we stayed the more I started to realize that this school was NOT all it seemed to be. Over time I could see that the owner and her administrator were very rude and unprofessional on several occasions, from parents paying their tuition to children misbehaving. Surely they should know how to handle issues like this. Kudos to the parents that has had a great experience with The Apple Tree School. However, myself and a few other parents has seen things that others obviously hasn't, yet. My advise is to pay close attention to what's beneath the surface and follow your instinct. My son was doing fine until all of a sudden his behavior started to change only at school. I thought he was just going through something, but later I realized something changed there at the school, but I couldn't figure it out. In the end, my child was the one who had to suffer after deciding to have him removed. Just so you know my son is back to his old self again, happy full of laughter and love. So you see, something was going on he just couldn't tell me.

Posted July 24, 2011

My children love Apple Tree! They have such a great time at school...always excited to teach me something new. It's truly amazing how much they have learned. Also, the staff is wonderful - professional and friendly to the entire family. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else!

Posted November 13, 2009

I absolutely love this school. I am a school teacher, so I was extremely nervous about the choice for my daughter. My first priority was her safety and adjustment into the environment. The teachers and administration are incredibly nice and appear to love the children. You feel welcomed each day that you enter the school building. I had read lots of comments on this website about the administration, but I haven't had ANY negative encounters since my child's entrance. My daughter is in love with her teachers, and is learning a great deal. Apple Tree is a wonderful place for your any child to learn and grow.

Posted July 26, 2009

THe teachers were great, my children loved them and their classmates. We will not go back because of administration.

Posted May 26, 2009

I love the school and their program, my son and daughter who are three and five have learned a lot at Apple tree. They are also very clean.

Posted January 30, 2009

The owner is on top of the program. She has designed what is being taught to my children. My 3 and 4 year olds can read, as well as they know all fifty states!You would need to go see to believe. I would not have my children anywhere else

Posted January 21, 2009

Super loving staff! Great christian enviroment. My grandchilgren have been taught so much. We are blessed to be there.

Posted April 25, 2008

Great school, my daughter learned a lot, even to read at 4 years of age. Very organized and great teacher.

Posted March 12, 2008

The academic program is wonderful. The teachers are great. I really like this school and I feel safe and secure that my child is there all day.

Posted March 11, 2008

The best part of the school are the teachers. They are genuinely concerned for the kids learning experience. The administration is solely concerned about how much money they are going to make. I believe they don't see children they see dollar signs instead. My child has attended this school for more than three years and not because of the administration but because of the wonderful teachers. Had it not been for the teachers and their genuine concern, I would have pulled my child out a long time ago.

Posted December 12, 2007

This is a good school. They have a strong academic focus and small classroom sizes. The staff are very personable and friendly and are genuinely concerned about the students. The kids really learn a lot. My four year old is already starting to read. They use a color coded discipline system that utilizes a lot of positive reinforcement, which most of the students understand and are able to follow. My only issue with the school is that there a lot of little extras you have to pay for. The school does not provide lunch on Fridays so you either have to pay for pizza or send a lunch. The school also has a lot of fundraisers too. But overall I love the school and glad my son attends.

Posted February 19, 2007

The academic programs offered are wonderful, however the majority of the teaching staff leave much to be desired. Also, be aware that tuition does not cover much and you will constantly pay fees for multiple activities and events.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Buses/vans for students only
  • Computer lab
  • Library

School culture

• Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

17127 Red Oak Drive