Public charter
Houston, TX

Posted August 30, 2011
I'm an alumnus from KIPP 3D Academy. I highly recommend this school for every student whether she/he has a learning disability, is an average student that has yet to realize her/his potential, or is not the most behaviorally disciplined student. The faculty and leadership engender and maintain a culture of constant learning both inside and outside the classroom, of perseverance and of resilience. Make no mistake, this school will push you to work hard. The hours are long and the homework abundant; however, in order to succeed in a college preparatory high school and in college, one must be able to study A LOT. KIPP 3D Academy prepares you for that reality. I'm not sure how the "education they implement on the children [can be] harsh", as one parent put it, but if you want your child to succeed and if you, as a parent/guardian, want to learn how to help your child go to college, then it is going to take a lot of work. KIPP 3D Academy prepares you for that. The going will get tough, but then, again, when has success ever come easily? Have faith in the faculty; they really want your child to succeed. Your child's/children's success later on will make the hard work worth it.

Kipp 3d Academy 0

Posted December 03, 2009
3D is not just your average school. These kids deserve alot of credit for their hard work and dedication

Posted May 02, 2009

Posted December 16, 2008
3D is a very difficult school to attend because of the over load of home work and all the pressure being put on us. I like many students wanted to quit because i was tired of all of it. unlike the parents that wrote below i actually went through what they didnt so they really dont know what the school was like. i got oppertunities that you really do not get any where else. not only that but i go to a great high school instead of a public one where they dont teach you anything. i want to learn and i want to go to college and i didnt come to that realization until i came to 3D

Posted August 14, 2008
I truly believe that 3D Academy is an amazing school that pushes kids to their fullest potential. Yes, they do give a large amount of homework, but it was never extremely difficult, i mean why would they give us work they thought we couldn't do. Because of 3D, I'm currently attending a terrific private school. If any parents, are looking into enrolling their child in 3D please do not hesitate, the other reviews are clearly written by parents of those few children who did have the desire to truly learn. I went to 3D from 5th- 8th grade and not once did i ever have a book/ notebook thrown at me. Hope I've convinced you, and best of luck with your search in schools.

Kipp 3d Academy 2

Posted February 09, 2008

Kipp 3d Academy 0

Posted November 25, 2007
3D was the best experience for me. Im in the class of 2011 and i just recently graduated and attending Kipp High School. Even though 3D was revolved around academics it taught me things that i wouldnt learn in a public school, it prepared me for the future. I admit they do overload you with HW...but its for the students own good. I also admit that i wanted to quit, but i pulled through. I was at 3D from 5th-8th grade. Awesome school I recommend it, you'll achieve so much. Class of 2011 rocks!

Kipp 3d Academy 1

Posted February 21, 2007
There is something wrong when a straight A student comes home crying almost every day due to the attitude of certain teachers. She reported that one in particular threw notebooks at students if they were not satisfactory, not tossed...threw. I removed her after a semester and she continued having nightmares about this school. She actually started shaking when she thought she saw her teacher in public. The kids did not get out of school until 5:00 and had to attend on Saturdays and in Summer. It is a strict school if your child is a discipline problem or learning impaired, but my child hated it. Several parents withdrew their children at the same time we did.

Kipp 3d Academy 1

Posted February 15, 2007
I definitely do not recommend this school. The amount of assignments given is absolutely over kill. The teaching staff is like a revolving door every year. You will be very disappointed if you are expecting the positive programs, and environment as with the other KIPP schools.

Posted October 18, 2005
The best thing I could have done by enrolling my child into 3D Academy. He shows alot more interested in going to college. He has matured and shown more interest in his education. The teachers are the best and they are serious about their job.

Kipp 3d Academy
4610 East Crosstimbers Street, Houston, TX  77016
Last modified Kipp 3d Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp 3d Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top