Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted April 26, 2016
We came from Klein ISD thinking this would be an improvement in the quality of the education. I found that the only difference is more homework (which I'm not complaining about) and less recess. The teachers and administrators do not communicate effectively and efficiently with parents when issues are brought to their attention. They have been unable to find a school nurse that will stay which poses a safety risk for all students since there are days there isn't a nurse or she leaves her office unattended with no one manning emergency medication. The principal...not sure what rock they found him under but clearly the issues with the school start from the top. I am more disappointed with this school than where I was. I will be withdrawing all of my children from here.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted January 21, 2016
My daughter is a brighter student because of HSE because the teachers care abut their students.

Harmony School Of Excellence 5

Posted January 21, 2016
Wow! This school is great and my daughter loves going to HSE! We love the dress code because it make every student equal. No gang colors, no short skirt or tight pants. A God loving parents dream come true.

Posted November 29, 2015
Alright lets first start off with the food....it's horrible! Second, the only good thing about this school is probably the academics. Third, any parents out there that has there child going to this school, I want you to ask your child what goes on in that school. They probably won't even tell you the truth of what actually happens in school. You know what I'm just gonna stop here cause there's just too much negative things about this school. Seriously, I not joking. Just keep your child away from this school or any other harmony schools. (I've had experience in multiple harmony schools)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 29, 2015
Why? You really want to know why? Well if you just talk to each student they'd probably make up some lie or maybe say "because I don't like the food," but I know there's more to it than food.

Posted April 14, 2015
The school is great academically, but there aren't any extra curriculum activities for the children. The staff communication is poor and any additional information that would like to know about the school, the staff would direct you to the website (unprofessional). The teachers aren't as experienced by state qualifications, and would rather not tutor. I would not recommend this school unless you are seeking extra help for your child. Also the are non-transferable!

Posted February 05, 2015
Horrific experience! Uniforms are required at this school and I support that philosophy. However, on "free dress day", my granddaughter (who wears size 7 pants and is in the first grade), and who was wearing a pair of tights with a long top over it, was forced to change into a pair of size 4 uniform pants because the tights were deemed to be non compliant with the dress code. She had to stand in class the entire day and when I picked her up, she was in tears and her skin was chaffed. Apparently this was a more acceptable option to the school nuts, the first grade home room teacher, and the principal. Very unreasonable "professionals" at this school. Additionally, there are are few electives and enjoyable activities for the children (no theater arts, minima music, minimal art programs). Classrooms have about 32 students per teacher and parents are expected to do a lot of the teaching at home.

Harmony School Of Excellence 1

Posted December 15, 2014
Nothing says school of excellence like asking to speak to your sons principle and getting refused. The principle flat out said he will not speak to me. Administration seems to take each others side and not care about the parents concerns. As I am writing this review, I have been waiting a little over 2 hours to speak to the superintendent and the principle just to hear my complaints.

Harmony School Of Excellence 5

Posted November 12, 2014
We recently relocated to Houston from a different state and as a parent my main concerns were not only my child's adjustment to a new setting but his continuance of education as well. Now my son has attended catholic schools since Pre-K4 so I was kind of skeptical about enrolling him in charter but after reviewing the school's performance and overall purpose I knew this was the school. The translation was great!!!! I remember his first day was full of nervousness and fear of not having any friends and it showed. A staff member noticed this and approached us to make him feel welcomed. She even took the time out to introduce him to a few of his classmates. After introducing him she pulled me to the side and addressed all the concerns she felt that I had. From then on I knew he was in good hands. Not only has this school welcomed us with open arms I have also noticed my son is more eager to learn and it reflects on his grades, his behavior has improved tremendously, and he LOVES to read!!!! I would highly recommend this school for any parent looking to invest in there child's future.

Harmony School Of Excellence 1

Posted September 30, 2014
In elementary everything is good and awesome until you get to middle school that's when students want more freedom and more ways to express themselves. But in this school they won't let you express yourself in any way. They are too strict with their dress code they don't let you wear jewlery or sweters and you may only wear black or white socks. The teachers are great exept the Turkish teacher you can't understand a thing what they say. I had always been really bad at math and now that I moved I am one of the smartest ones in my class. This school is great for elementary but not for middle school if you enroll your child make sure they move as fast as they can when middle school starts. Once you get to middle school they will divide the students in groups of smart people and stupid people. If you have a child that's still in elemetary go ahead send them in has a great elemetary program but move them as fast as you can once that get to middle school. And the student here are wonnabe people. The goal in this school for students is to be as bad as they can that's how you can get popular here. I am sooo happy.This school does not get you ready for life at all

7340 Gessner Road, Houston, TX  77040
Last modified Harmony School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.