Public charter
Houston, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted August 07, 2014
I love working at Stepping Stones. It is such a healthy, safe environment for the staff and students. I truly feel supported, and therefore am able to give my best to students. As a parent, I would confident that my child is in a school that cares about his or her individual needs. Each teacher has their own method of instruction, but is constantly in professional development with the curriculum development specialist. The principal cares about the academic standards and the management of the classes. The classrooms are very organic and hands-on. The environment has been carefully planned to yield the most educational experience for students. Have you looked at the STAAR test scores? The 7th and 8th grade scores were through the roof this year!

Posted February 16, 2012
I think this is a wonderful School to work at. The principle supports his teachers and staff. The teachers and Staff communicate well with each other. The students has a setting that is safe, fun and lots of enrichment for learning. I wish I was a kid again so I could attend here!

Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2011
This is a good school, compared to the large Alief school my child would have attended. They have a new resource room with laptops and the classes are small about 18 to 20 per class. The Principle truly cares about his school and believes in a new approach to teaching and allows the teachers to cover their material in the way that best suits their teaching style and this makes a difference in how the kds learn.

Posted April 21, 2010

Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2010
This is a small school setting and a wonderful one. The teachers are knowledgeable, supportive, and assertive. Good curriculum are followed, and the school is TEA Recognized, two years at a roll. The entire staff work together as a great team. The leadership is great. The school is diverse. My son started with the school when it was first opened and I wish the school can go all the way to at least 8th grade because my son have to leave the school now for the 7th grade. My son have benefitted from this school tremendously. His grade and behavior have improved. I disagree that the school gives last minute invitations to things. Event notices are always placed in the kids homework folders well in advance!

Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2010
Its a nice small school, the March 2009 comment is correct that they give last minute invitations to things at the school, and seem very protective as to parents popping up at the school. I feel the security is very good and my 5 yr old loves the school compared to Boone Elementary - which is also good but so large I feel the smaller school teaches more and at their own pace. The curriculum covers Texas requirements/ which they went beyond to give the kids more than just basics. Good school - very clean and contained.

Posted August 25, 2009
I love this school,This is the best school I have ever work,the teachers are great and the principle is wonderfull

Posted July 21, 2009
Overall, this is a great school and they are diffrent because the are unique and that makes a diffrence my child has learned so much !

Posted May 03, 2009

Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2009
Overall, it seems that the school focuses too much on being 'different' and doesn't address core academic and social needs. Communication among staff seems to be haphazard at times, and parents are not informed about important information relevant to their child's well-being in a timely manner. You have to 'dig' to access the school's resources, and handouts about school functions and upcoming events aren't handed out in enough time for one to request time off from work to attend. Some of the teachers fail to address teasing and verbal bullying appropriately. However, it is diverse, the report cards are the most creative and detailed of any that I've ever seen in terms of what your child is being graded on, the appearance of the school (upkeep, etc) is impressive, and I like that the kids do interesting projects. It is not a bad school, but not a good school either.

Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School
11250 South Wilcrest Drive, Houston, TX  77099
Last modified Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stepping Stones Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top