Public charter
Houston, TX

Kipp 3rd Ward School 4

Posted July 26, 2007
It has been a very long time since I have seen such dedication to our children's education and well-being. The school leader is on a mission to make sure that the children receive every possible opportunity available to be all that they can be. She is also working to create in the KIPPsters the discipline,integrity and team spirit that they need to be the movers and shakers of tomorrow. The quality of the academic program is very good, with plans for excellence. It is a wonderfully diverse, holistic program that includes math, language arts, science,social justice classes, art classes,drama classes,drumming and physical activities such as African dance,biking,camping and martial arts. This upcoming year promises to be even better which will also include environmentally responsible activities. Parents are encouraged to be and are very involved with the school, working from the premise that it takes a village to raise a child.

Kipp 3rd Ward School 5

Posted January 23, 2007
The school is new and they are doing an awesome job! Certainly there are some things to work through. However, the teachers and the Principal are doing a fantastic job at producing college bound children. Discipline and Diligence should begin at home. You can't expect the school personnel to raise our children-that is our commitment as parents. You won't find a more compassionate group of educators with genuine interests in children. They extend themselves to the children around the clock. They reward children for good behavior and negative behavior-this is symbolic to life. My daughter is excited and enthused. They take wonderful field trips to plays, Inaugurations, games, play golf, etc.. and for the on task children they will be taking a trip to Atlanta, Washington and more. It takes a village to raise a child- so let's do our part and support KIPP spirit and the great visionary Wilkins.

Kipp 3rd Ward School 4

Posted January 04, 2007
My husband and I choose KIPP Spirit for our youngest daughter based on previous experiences with the KIPP Program. I am proud to say that my daughter has adapted just as I thought she would. She is a child who strives for excellence and meets all challenges with a open mind and a determination to succeed. This program is definitely different from the norm and discipline and high expectation is something that I as a parent embrace and welcome. My daughter is learning more about the tools to finding a solution to all problems or challenges and that nothing is impossible. KIPP is a place of determination to make a difference in all children's lives whether they commit to the program or not, what was is being taught at KIPP will remain a life lesson for life! Thank you for the dream that came to reality! KIPP spirit Thank you !

Kipp 3rd Ward School 1

Posted December 02, 2006
I am not impress with KIPP SPIRIT. I had high hopes but feel let down. I think they are more about disciple and punishment than they are about teaching. There doesn't seem to be flexibility its there way or no way. They don't put the students and parents first. I am extremely dissappointed.

Kipp 3rd Ward School