Posted September 11, 2013
Awesome school, my son is doing excellent, he enjoys going to school and he is now getting double credit for some of his classes, they will count toward his college degree. The school provides a friendly and safe environment for my son.

Posted August 22, 2013
I would like to thank the school for providing my son with 2 wonderful years of education. My son has a positive attitude towards his school. I'm a little jealous sometimes because he rather stay after school with his teachers and schoolmates than come home. His grades tell me that he is focus on his school and I know that it takes both good parents and a good school to keep a child focus in his education. My son has two more years to go and I know that this school will keep him focus on his education.

Houston Academy For International 4

Posted June 10, 2013
This school provides great opportunities to students that they would not get at a normal high school. My daughter started in 2010 and will finish 2014. If everything goes as planned she will walk with her AA Degree and high school diploma in 4 years, not the 5 yr program. Yes it is TRUE the front office staff is HORRIBLE. They could use some more training on professionalism and organization. They never have any idea of anything that is going on in the school! You would get more information from one of the students, if you walked on campus and asked them. It is funny that one of the reviewers here mentioned the principal, becasue I have never seen the lady until a recent senior metting and she stayed all of 10 mins. The school is small but that is one of the things I liked about it. The key to being successful here is staying on top if your childs academics and working with the counselor, she is AWESOME!!!! I do feel that they need a second counselor to assist her but she gets the job done. The experience at HAIS has made my daughte more confident, independent and resposible in her education. I am confident that she will be just fine when she leaves home to attend college.

Posted May 11, 2013
We love our school. From the principal who greets every student each morning, to the teachers, to the helpful office staff. Earning free college credit and a chance to learn Chinese and Model United Nations, there is no other school like it. Staff is always sharing opportunities for travel scholarships.

Houston Academy For International 3

Posted October 12, 2012
I have a child that attends this school and I must say thus far my experience with this administration has been disappointing. The teachers are wonderful, helpful, interested, caring about their students. The women in the front office (the admins) are rude and unprofessional. If a parent has a concern, don't even try to get anything accomplished for your child here because the response and time waiting for one is horrid.. When you (a parent) attempts to address any problems with the administration, the excuse of being a "small school" with limited resources is always addressed. Oh yes, it's an excuse! When you look at a school like Carnegie who started their school with 173 students and they now have a waiting list around the corner to get into their school. It's impressive to see where this school is today. Houston Academy has good programs, great teachers, but very poor leadership in the administration. If they don't start making some diligent attempts to get their house in order, the current 10 rating will soon fall. The students and parents that allow their children to attend this school deserve better!!!!

Posted April 22, 2010
Great school!!! and it allows the students to get involved in college classes, persuading them to be more academically sound. Over all it allows the students to push themselves more both like students and people.

Posted April 19, 2010
This school is small enough to give students the attention they deserve, yet still has the access and resources of the bigger Houston Community College.

Posted December 18, 2008
Awesome school where students not only get college credits, but also an international perspective.

Posted December 08, 2008

Houston Academy For International
1810 Stuart Street, Houston, TX  77004
Last modified Houston Academy For International is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Academy For International Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top