Victory Early College High School 3

Posted February 21, 2013
...(cont.) I feel a bit cheated from those recruiters. The teachers here are good teachers but some really are not fair at all, high school teacher wise. I feelings for Victory is really conflicted because the opportunity for 2 years of free college is great but students really don't have the traditional high school experience, although Victory does what they can to make it happen. If you're a student that's doing well in school already and has great potential for spectacular grades and what have you, stick to a traditional school where you can excel with no barriers. You won't have to worry about the two year advantage of the students at Victory because your academics will allow you to soar higher than Victory students. What I'm trying to express is, this school is very unique and may not be the best opportunity for you. Don't be lured too much by the 2 year scholarship, do some research, talk to students that already do attend the school and some that don't anymore. I could go on longer but I've got less than 150 characters to go. Understand what you're getting into before you choose Victory, really understand what you'll be experiencing here.

Posted August 20, 2012
So I am about to be a sophomore at VECHS and spent this time researching my school reviews. Some, just HORRIBLE and negativities! During my freshmen year, I learned A LOT! <-- see that? I learned that from my English teacher! :) She's amazing. I love her. This school is challenging I admit and if I think about it now, I would not be on the mind level where I stand now compared to my home campus! Our brains just grew without us even realizing it. I admit this school takes up a lot of our time for homework at home..and that's just one and only thing I hate of this school. They should narrow that down a bit. We are being attacked already at this age.. lol. It's ok though :) It's for our own good. The teachers are so caring of our grades. The counselor.. amazing! She's concern of everything of each and every student and also KNOW every single name! I just hope to graduate from this campus! #Class of 2015!!

Posted October 29, 2011
Well I am currently a senior at victory [class of 2012!!] and after being at victory i don't at all regret my decision...i'm not gonna lie b/c victory is not for everyone but it is for those who want to challenge themselves and move to the next level in life! The friends i've made here and the experiences i've had are truly unforgettable and i will remember them forever. the school was hardest for the earlier classes like mine, but each yr there are more opportunities and things changed to make the experiences at victory better. the teachers are great and you get to really know them which is a huge plus b/c you'll know all the teachers there after a little and the counselor is great b/c she does everything she can to help each and every student...it is a great school and i know i did what was best for me by choosing to go there!

Victory Early College High School 4

Posted October 28, 2011
Wow, After reading all these reviews, I couldn't believe my eyes. Look, I'm not in the top 15% of my class, or the top 10% but this school isn't really that bad as people say it is. The thing is people just take it all for granted, the students are actually pretty good to one another, well at least my class is, and the teachers are quite easy to get along with. Granted, only if you know how to act appropriately. As long as your child is actually a good child, and by "actually a good child" i mean, that the teachers won't tell you the opposite of what you believe because there are some kids that will give their parents a different story and try to get the teachers in trouble. Our school isn't perfect but no school really is, and when you come to this school you're gonna realize not to take things for granted because not everyone is able to have the same opportunities as, so just give it a chance, I have been here for about 4 years and I regret some choices I made but coming to this school is not one of them I can tell you that. You don't have to believe the words I have said but I digress, Don't come to a school and then complain cause your wasting the Victory Viking's time #2012

Posted September 07, 2011
There is no validity to the post by a "teacher" on Aug 22. We are a close staff and I can guess who posted on Sept. 2 because we all know each other so well. The August review doesn't sound like any of the 15 teachers I have enjoyed working with the last few years. We love our job and we love our kids. Our first day back this year was one of the best experiences of my professional career. The hallway was endless hugs. Our current principal is also good at her job. She knows all of the students and cares about them. I've not heard of her ignoring any parent with a valid issue and she even humors the ones who do not. You need to know that our school is for the average student who can benefit from an exceptional environment, but only those who develop a strong work ethic will survive here. Our current retention numbers speak volumes regardless of the disproportionately represented disgruntled parent or student published here. Less than a handful of last year's students left voluntarily. Many who left involuntarily stop in often and visit. In the end, no one wants you here if you aren't happy and we don't guarantee that you will be. If your intentions don't match ours, you won't be.

Posted September 02, 2011
There is no way a teacher actually posted the review below. My guess it was a disgruntled (probably kicked out) student. Why does Great Schools allow just anyone to say they are a teacher or parent? It completely undermines the validity of your site. If the below were a teacher, he/she would know not to post such things publicly for fear of losing his/her job, AND would know the difference between "weather" and "whether". No one who teaches AP is ignorant of the difference between "in to" and "into," either. Most of the negative reviews below come from people who were kicked out because they could not meet the strenuous requirements to stay here. Does Victory have high standards? Yes. However, we are ranked 19 in a state of over 1500 schools, and we are the only exemplary hish school in the district. Any student who wanted to go to a four year college last year did. Is it for everyone? Absolutely not, but we don't beg people to come here, either. I have never seen teachers and administrators who care more about kids, and I have never seen better kids, for the most part, either.

Posted August 22, 2011
I am a teacher at Victory Early College and I'm starting to question weather I will decide to stay or not. These so called "gifted" students are nothing more than a cheap cliche of the word. They are incompetent and lazy. No matter how much a teacher tries, they can't help a student learn if they are not willing, and the students at Victory Early College are just careless. They complain that they receive too much work, well all Pre-AP/AP students receive the same amount of work, and I've never heard as much complaining from another High School AP student. Creating this school was a terrible idea, and working here was too. Parents, i suggest you really look in to weather your child can handle a school like this if they are thinking about attending. Currently enrolled students, grow up please. Sincerely, Your Friendly Neighborhood Teacher :) P.S. All of you have a better chance at going to a better college at your home schools. Just-Saying.

Posted August 15, 2011
This school is good in academics but the faculty staff are very disorganized. This goes by the one that needs to set the example "the principal" there is no communication towards the parents. Apperantly your child can be kicked out of this program with out a notice. One day you show up for class and the next thing you know your child calling you to pick them up. But when you are trying to get in contact with the principal by email, by phone or in person she is never there. Till this day I'm still waiting for a reply from June of this year on the grounds to why my child was kicked out of this school. And my child is a very dedicated student.

Posted January 28, 2011
If i could, i would go to Carver, but the people of Victory don't tell you many things before you get here. First of all, if you take college classes, then leave for some reason, you cannot take classes at another school. Second of all, you are getting a degree of ARTS, if you want to get one of something else, you will not get all ur credits. When you are a senior here, you cannot leave. I made a horrible decision coming here, and now i'm stuck. Plus you can take the same amount of credits at CARVER. Victory says you cant, but you can. This is not a school, it is an upperfloor facility that is unsatisfactory.

Victory Early College High School 2

Posted November 18, 2010
This is my second year in Victory, and I have to admit that this is not one of the best schools. Most of the teachers don't know what they're doing, and believe me even CSI don't have a clue what's with these people. Well, I'm not complaining because I'm lazy, for I am in the top 5%, but it's just that the teachers think they are the smartest people because they teach at an "early college." You really have to have nerves to be a top student at Victory, since the teachers make easy things very complicated. I love people challenging me, but you can't challenge someone to do something that you could never have done yourself, even if you lived another life. But, there are some teachers who actually teaches very well, and I'm thankful for them. I do enjoy my college courses, which is mostly the reason why I even bother to stay at this school. And, well it's too bad if anyone disagrees because afterall it's only my opinion.

Victory Early College High School
2330 South Victory Street, Houston, TX  77088
Last modified Victory Early College High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victory Early College High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top