Public charter
Houston, TX

Kipp Liberation College Prep 1

Posted October 23, 2014
I honestly didn't want this school to have one star.This school is the worst ever! No decent order and the system of how they do things is not beneficial. Please don't send your child here! Its a prison.... It's hell for you and your child!!!

Kipp Liberation College Prep 1

Posted September 17, 2014
This place was a terrible place to work. The administrators don't care about teachers at all. They run teachers into the ground and grind them to dust, saying that "if you don't like it then that's fine because you're replaceable." They are so unorganized that every day the faculty has to just wing it. We were told that "we're smart people so we should be able to get a plan 15 minutes beforehand and make it work." If you are going to try to teach here be ready to be completely on your own, because the administrators will not back you up. Some kids got special passes to leave class whenever they want to go talk to an administrator, aka complain about the teachers. No matter what lies they tell you about the development you'll get or the possibility of promotion, don't believe a word of it. They will just throw you to the wolves. Needless to say, I got out of there in a hurry, and I suggest you avoid it entirely.

Kipp Liberation College Prep 4

Posted April 23, 2014
I am a former student of KIPP Liberation I am apart of the 2014 founding class and will be graduating this june. Any parents that wants to teach their children the tools to succed in life should defiently send their child to liberation. Yes the school is challenging along with the hard work and late nights filled with homework but in the end it pays off. Im living proof because this fall I will be a Freshman Pre-Med student at Xavier University of Louisana.

Posted April 20, 2014
Top Notch Middle school in the Inner City of Houston:KIPP Liberation College Preparatory. We've come a long way baby. The first class of KLCP KIPPsters will be graduating from High Schools across Houston in June. The Class of 2014 marks a major milestone signifying character traits of Leadership, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Thoughtfulness: LIGHT - No Matter the Challenge Move Forward in LIGHT! Each day Liberation Eagles climb one step closer to the Mountain Top marked College. Through Scholarship, Commitment, and Service children learn what EXCELLANCE looks like in through rigorous classes, commitments to being prepared for class and being present at school everyday, and giving back to the community with a monthly Service Day. Through Project Life students accept the challenges for self-improvement with acommunity project to better develop leadership skills. This spring KIPPsters eagerly attended Academic Lock-ins and Boot Camps on Saturdays to become Math Monsters to bust up the notions that Math is hard. Parent involvement is high. Each parent has a vested interest - their baby is growing up to be a future world leader. It starts with the First Step at KIPP Liberation.

Posted February 27, 2014
This school has excellent staff and teachers that are dedicated to helping their students make it to and through college. They do not tolerate disrespect or misbehavior and they have high expectations for their kiddos.

Kipp Liberation College Prep 4

Posted September 01, 2013
2012-2013 was a great year for my kids. The administrator and teachers were very concerned and attentive to the academic and behavior success for the students. They have been able to grow while at Kipp. I am thankful to all of their teachers and administrators including but definitely not limited to parent volunteers Mrs. Thornton, Mr. Thornton, Ms. Ingram, Mr. Emilien, Mr. Green, Ms. Akins, Ms. Hearne...the Windon boys miss the school. Mrs.

Kipp Liberation College Prep 2

Posted August 31, 2013
My son attended Kipp Liberation. He has always been a honor student and when attending Kipp was not only bullied by the students, also a teacher as well. So, I'm not sure when the antibullying campian started as stated by a parent. Because in 2012-2013 the schools principal Mr E didn't seem to know how to deal with situations of the sort. For the life of me, I have know clue how a honor student seem to be in trouble for not paying attention, off task have test scores of 97% and above with behavior promblems and is not focus. I enrolled my son in a different school were I had no problems with him at all, academically or for behavial problems which he never had before. He was amongst the top ten in his class with the highest GPA. He has since then went on and is now at Baylor College on Medicine Academy at Ryan, to enhance his skills and study to become a Physician one day.

Posted July 08, 2013
this was my daughter's first year at Kipp and will be starting her 2nd year. I had no issues that I couldn't deal with. I am a hands on parent and I do not allow the school to raise my child. If there is a issue I get it solved. I dont handle any issues over the phone expecting them to be solved. I know the school have a job and I also have as a parent to ensure that school following through promises, mad in the contract. Kiddos to Ms. Ingram and Mr. E

Kipp Liberation College Prep 2

Posted January 25, 2011
This is my son's third year and unfortunately things have gone from bad to worse. We welcomed a new school leader at the beginning of the school year only for her to leave during the Christmas break and studens as well as parents learned of this upon their return that there was a new interim leader. Again, no explanation and this is 2 leaders within 2 years time. It is discouraging and although children are resilient, they also appreciate structure and some things remaining the same. If the school decides to choose a new leader from within their school, it will be detrimental. There is still a lack of pertinent communication and staff continues to leave sometimes as a mass exodus. Please get it together because parents are led to believe that the school is great when indeed it still needs far more work. Also being in the African American neighborhood, we need to let our children see that they can get a good education near their homes and this is not the case.

Posted September 26, 2010
KIPP Liberation College Prep is under new management! The new principal really has the Kippsters best interest at heart. I was skeptical about having our son return for a third year, however, he received Commended in Math on the TAKS test, so I figured they had to be doing something right. Ans so far so good this year. We've seen major changes and looking forward to seeing more! Great job Ms. Farinas & KIPP Staff...

Kipp Liberation College Prep
5500 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Houston, TX  77021
Last modified Kipp Liberation College Prep is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8
Kipp Liberation College Prep Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top