Holmquist Elementary School 1

Posted November 01, 2014
This school has a nice appearance, but the staff lacks the ability to control the students. My daughter was being bullied, after meeting with Ms. Desauto her staff began to constantly write up my daughter and call me complaining about her on a weekly basis. Your child is retaliated against after alerting staff about being bullied. The teachers are messy and lack the ability to redirect students with positive reinforcement.

Posted August 02, 2014
I love this school the staff is wonderful my son completed his first year of school going into second year as a kindergarten student, his pre k teacher was Mrs. Dennison, I have also a new comer this year for pre k I pray he gets Mrs. Dennison as well.

Posted April 30, 2014
Holmquist is one of the finest elementary schools in Alief ISD. The teachers really care about the students and go above and beyond for them. The principal is very supportive and does whatever she can including working with students in small groups.

Posted April 27, 2014
I have worked at this school for 5 years. It is by far the most beautiful school in Alief. The teachers, including myself are all dedicated to our student's safety, development and professionalism with each other and the community. I love this school!

Posted April 19, 2014
I have been at this school since it opened.. I am in it to win it and anyone who is not will not last long here..

Posted January 13, 2014
my girls entered school as ESL students and they loved the school from day one... the teachers and staff are family to us. The school offers also dual program. one thing i love to see, more activities for the kids

Posted May 29, 2013
I love this school. My daughter started here last year in pre k. The teachers she's had so far are very supportive and the office staff are friendly people. Great school, highly recommend.

Holmquist Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2012
I couldn't wait to find another job and get far far away from this Principal and her "team" who targets teachers on a daily basis. Teachers are so miserable and it shows. Lucky for me, I left Pronto!!

Posted May 30, 2011
This is a wonderful school with caring teachers and great administration! IIt s a great place to work and to send your children.

Posted May 17, 2011
I left this school last year to stay home with my new baby. I can't imagaine working for a pricipal that is more committed and passionate about her staff and students. Was it always easy, no bc as a staff we were pushed to learn more and do more for our students. I worked at other Alief schools and saw unfortunate administrative choices. I wasn't happy, so I left. I would never tear down someone like I have seen on this site. Holmquist's principal is willing to pull small groups, is openly available, and often in the classrooms. You wont find many admins that involved. If you follow what you are suppose to do (as with any boss) you wont have any problems and will gain more teaching freedom as with any pricipal. This principal is a strong leader ( which I guess some confuse with bullying) with a big heart for the students and her staff. It is unfortunate that some peoples negativitly is shadowing what postive work is being done at this school.

Holmquist Elementary School
P O Box 68, Houston, TX  77411
Last modified Holmquist Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holmquist Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top