Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This new administration cares less of the kids. My daughter was constantly bullied on the bus and inside the classroom too. I reported the situation to Ms. Toney, the principal. She told me that kids would be kids and that my daughter would learn to be tough because the world is a tough place to live. Whaat?? Ms. Desantos, an assistant principal, is the worst. When I came by the second time for the same issue, she quickly rushed my conversation stating that she was busy at the moment. Then how can this be resolved? Nobody is talking!!! Dr. Lewin, the former principal, was a warmer individual who cared about the students well being and the school. Thank goodness that we are moving soon and I have my other child at KIPP Unity.

I have three kids at this school and never had a single problem. Holmquist is their second home. The affection and positive energy the staff gives to every student from the front door till the classroom have a magical impact. The principal is also excellent

It is a good for my children but far from us and I met problems in the school site registeration

This school has a nice appearance, but the staff lacks the ability to control the students. My daughter was being bullied, after meeting with Ms. Desauto her staff began to constantly write up my daughter and call me complaining about her on a weekly basis. Your child is retaliated against after alerting staff about being bullied. The teachers are messy and lack the ability to redirect students with positive reinforcement.

I love this school the staff is wonderful my son completed his first year of school going into second year as a kindergarten student, his pre k teacher was Mrs. Dennison, I have also a new comer this year for pre k I pray he gets Mrs. Dennison as well.

Holmquist is one of the finest elementary schools in Alief ISD. The teachers really care about the students and go above and beyond for them. The principal is very supportive and does whatever she can including working with students in small groups.

I have worked at this school for 5 years. It is by far the most beautiful school in Alief. The teachers, including myself are all dedicated to our student's safety, development and professionalism with each other and the community. I love this school!

I have been at this school since it opened.. I am in it to win it and anyone who is not will not last long here..

I love this school. My daughter started here last year in pre k. The teachers she's had so far are very supportive and the office staff are friendly people. Great school, highly recommend.

I couldn't wait to find another job and get far far away from this Principal and her "team" who targets teachers on a daily basis. Teachers are so miserable and it shows. Lucky for me, I left Pronto!!

Last modified Holmquist Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.