Houston, TX

Posted June 05, 2014
Our children have been at this school for about 4 years. Our daughter just completed kindergarten. Initially she hated math. By the end of the year she scored in the 99th percentile on the Iowa test in both math and reading! Bernadette, the kindergarten teacher, really helped our daughter unlock the mystery of math and discover the fun in problem solving. Our kids have had wonderful opportunities to learn Latin, French, Spanish, piano, ballet, and karate. Having all of these high quality opportunities at school has been very convenient.

St Nicholas School Ii 1

Posted November 11, 2013
St. Nicholas is not a school for children with learning differences. Look elsewhere for a more holistic approach to learning.

Posted June 21, 2013
The school has the best teachers - their curriculum even for an 18 month old is very good. the teachers are very loving. The best part is that the school was very keep on helping us with cloth diapring our boy. They also have a great food programs. The only issue is that they need uniforms and shoes from month 13 - which is expensive.

Posted February 06, 2013
Did not like the investment in uniforms especially for the little ones since we started one at 2 years and another at 18 months. But now I love uniforms and am so glad not to have to go through the clothes battle as my friends have with their daughters! It is great not having to pick outfits everyday and being able to wear the same clothes every week for 2-3 years!

Posted January 31, 2013
Our 4 year old has been here since she was 2 and it's been a nurturing place. No hesitations starting our 2nd child here. Love the language, art, and music programs that supplement the usual reading/writing/arithmetic. For a busy mom, it's so great having piano, ballet, and martial arts here without me having to drive all over town and no need to pack meals and snacks or wash nap linens!

Posted January 28, 2013
Wonderful school, caring teachers, great parents whose children go on to the best schools including the top private schools even though they are non-legacies. Had the choice of several preschools in the area but so happy we chose this!

Posted October 23, 2012
I love this school! My energetic 2 year old son is learning at a fast pace. I started potty-training him at 18 months, and with the help of the teachers, my son is now fully potty- trained at 2 years old. The teachers are so loving and caring with all the children. I am thankful for their teaching beacause I can see all the different things that my son is learining. I recommend the school especially for the loving teachers and the curriculum.

Posted October 22, 2012
The school has a great curriculum. My 4 year old daughter is reading and loves learning. They seemed to be focused on building a good foundation for learning. I like that the school include other languages like Spanish, Latin and French. They also have other programs like ballet that my daughter enjoys. She enjoys going to school everyday. Their healthy food program is impressive as well.

St Nicholas School Ii 1

Posted October 13, 2012
Be very careful before putting your child here because its trap . Before you admit your child they are good but once you have registered you are stuck !! Because you are signing a contract for minimum one year, you cannot take your kid out even if you don t like school or if you are moving out. They will say you can withdraw if you are moving out of greater Houston area i.e. if you are moving to Katy, Sugar Land, Woodland, Pearland, etc. etc. you have to pay them one year fees. My kid went to school only 5 months I had to pay 12 months fees as we moved to Woodland. Moreover, they won t even talk properly if they know you want to withdraw. Its trap stay away from this unprofessional school !!

Posted February 19, 2012
This school is fantastic!! it is small enough that your child and you are known by all. my 2 children ages 4.5 and 20 months have attended since they were 4 months old. They have a classroom teacher and then have specialist teachers come in and give them lessong in latin, french, spanish, art, music and even a physical education coach! They taught my daughter to read by 4 years old. They took potty training and made it easy for me! The other parents are professionals and very involved! We love this school!!

St Nicholas School Ii