Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We've been at this school for 7 years now. The administration is great and very responsive. The school is very diverse both racially and economically which is very challenging for the staff; however, they do an amazing job. The school is always on the cutting edge technology-wise and is often used to pilot new technology for the district. Overall, it is a great school and a great environment. We wouldn't want any other school

This is a school that allows the children to be children in an educational, engaging environment. They have won multiple awards for their hard work and dedication to their curriculum and students. The teachers are very pleasant, the principal is professional, courteous and loves his school. The administration is professional, fun and courteous as well. The students are more well behaved at this school than our previous one. There is not a lot of homework and I like that. I think back to when I was in elementary and I didn't have homework that often either. The children are on a guided path to self discovery and I think this is a great school/staff to make that discovery amazing.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is not a lot of homework. When I was young, we didn't have homework until middle school. This school allows the children to be children. If parents want the kids to do work at home, take the initiative and see that the do a few things at home. I have mine read and then answer questions, math flash cards etc. Things we should do as parents anyway to supplement what they are learning at school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school as a Terrific Award program. This promoted Trustworthiness, Respect, Fairness, Caring among other qualities. Those students that exhibit these characteristics are recognized and awarded for it.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I like the teaches at this school, I did not like the management, the coaches and the admin personnel.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There was very little home work given to children, besides the home work was fairly basic even on kinder/1st level.

Develops character: Neutral

I feel the school does not achieve this goal, since based on my interaction with the management of this school as well as some of the other staff members, they would not develop honesty, integrity and fairness in students.

We stayed for 1 year - 2 kids, the teaches were trying to do their best however the management of the school is awful. Forget the dialog, the principal has no communication skills, awful. I took my kids out and moved house. No thanks CLCE.

My oldest, who graduates this year, attended this school as did my youngest. I had one kid on each end of the special ed spectrum- one in GT and one with an IEP who needed PT, OT, SLP, social skills training and some accommodations. Both of my children got excellent services here. Both still remember their elementary school teachers fondly. The teachers are wonderful and dedicated to their kids. Remember, an active parent contributes to a child's success, so be an active parent- volunteer, have lunch with your children, read to them, and participate. This school will fulfill its role in your child's education very well, but no school can do it alone.

CLCE is an amazing school. My child has been happy, academically challenged and engaged for the 6 years he has been been there. The teachers are amazing, the staff is exceptional and the principals/counselors are there when you need them. Most parents take an active role in the school and are eager to help. I recommend this school and this school district to everyone I know. Kids are truly loved, valued and respected here.

Last modified Clear Lake City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.