Houston, TX
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Clear Lake City Elementary School 5

Posted June 20, 2014
My oldest, who graduates this year, attended this school as did my youngest. I had one kid on each end of the special ed spectrum- one in GT and one with an IEP who needed PT, OT, SLP, social skills training and some accommodations. Both of my children got excellent services here. Both still remember their elementary school teachers fondly. The teachers are wonderful and dedicated to their kids. Remember, an active parent contributes to a child's success, so be an active parent- volunteer, have lunch with your children, read to them, and participate. This school will fulfill its role in your child's education very well, but no school can do it alone.

Clear Lake City Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2014
CLCE is an amazing school. My child has been happy, academically challenged and engaged for the 6 years he has been been there. The teachers are amazing, the staff is exceptional and the principals/counselors are there when you need them. Most parents take an active role in the school and are eager to help. I recommend this school and this school district to everyone I know. Kids are truly loved, valued and respected here.

Posted March 24, 2014
Do your research before sending your child here. Many people are happy with it. All my close friends send their kids to private school instead. Now wish I had.

Posted August 30, 2013
I have two children in this school , they are in preK and kindergarten. It has been one week and while my kids love going to school I find that school falls well below par. The organisation of pick up and drop is terrible, you will be yelled at if you dare to bike in to pick up your child, the car pick up only works if you want to queue for 30 min + to the pick up point. The school has too many very rigid rules, for example the student is not allowed to go to the toilet outside of arranged toilet time, we are talking 5yo here!. The class walks in line to the toilet, the students are not allowed to go to the bin in the cafeteria so my boy brought home sandwich he has dropped!! They are not allowed to eat during morning break so my kindergartener goes with no food from 7 until 11/12 when they have lunch. I will be complaining about these rules, I see no respect shown by the school for the kids. Having said that the program for kindergarten seems to be well designed and interactive and my boy adores his teacher! My girl love going to preK, they sing, play game, build Lego and walk in line a lot. I'm not at all happy about this school and will be looking to switch at the soonest.

Posted August 07, 2013
I am not impressed by the teachers, principle and vice principle of this school. While some of the administrators are friendly, for the most part most of them are not and are racists. I do not know how they have a rating of 8; some of the teachers are not qualified.

Posted May 31, 2012
The school has a high student turnover throughout the year, making it difficult for the teachers to maintain a high level of knowledge among students. One teacher we had at first refused to provide extra challenge for stronger students and/or test them on the level above the one that CCISD specifies for this age group. Some teachers are better than others. PE is boring, just running and hardly any games. I think the worst was when the school offered to pretest incoming kindergarten students and then mixed the stronger ones with the weak to avoid only "strong" or only "weak" classrooms. To be fair, they have an excellent librarian and a very kind nurse, but it was not enough for us to stay.

Clear Lake City Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
I'm giving this school four stars because the teachers and librarian are wonderful. Unfortunately, I have found the rest of the staff to be cold and unfriendly, leaving me, a former teacher and a parent who likes to be involved, feeling unwelcome. Even when you call, whoever answers always sounds like they are annoyed by the interruption. The school definitely needs a friendlier and more professional staff. We used to go to another school in the district and it was warm and welcoming. I'm saddened by the 'personality' of Clear Lake City Elementary.

Posted April 24, 2010
My son has been going to CLCE for the last 5 yrs and I truly believe that the school, tthe staff, the teachers and even the principle and vice principle are the best in our city. They're caring, kind and very understanding. My son absolutely loves it there! Thank you CLCE for helping my son love school ;D

Posted September 16, 2009
Clear Lake City Elementary is a great school. Our motto is "Where children are welcome, wanted and worthwhile." It is a great place to teach.

Posted September 16, 2009
We have been exemplerary every year. Awesome teachers and awesome school!

Clear Lake City Elementary School
1707 Fairwind Road, Houston, TX  77062
Last modified Clear Lake City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clear Lake City Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top