Space Center Int 1

Posted August 11, 2014
I was an OMEGA student for 3 years. First, the academics were under par. There is an extreme grade inflation where the teachers give A's easily. I got straight A's solely because of this. However I remember having to deal with specific very unprofessional teachers, teachers who didn't care about their jobs and cared more about telling stories about their personal life or being a coach, and the list goes on. I took the highest classes available and still felt inadequately prepared for some classes in high school. Second, the economic and social diversity is incredibly disappointing. Yes there are students with a lower income background and students with a higher income background, but there was no mixing whatsoever and the OMEGA program only reinforced it. You could clearly see a racial+economic split and there was no encouragement to try and fix it. Third, this school is so overpopulated that it was so difficult to walk through hallways without feeling invaded. In fact, none of us were allowed to wear backpacks because it would take up too much room. Overall I do not recommend this school and there are many problems needed to be fixed.

Space Center Int 5

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is great for SOME people. I really liked most things about this school such as athletics and academics. I was in the OMEGA program all 3 years and took PreAP everything else and most of my teachers were great. This school has room for improvement in several areas such as projects. I got a lot of projects and sometimes (but not all the time) teachers weren't very willing to help. I would have questions and to answer those questions they would give us guidelines which didn't help AT ALL!! Literally none of the requirements would even made sense. Another problem this school has, and why it is only great for some people, is that some of the students tend to shun other students that aren't the same as they are. I was one of the popular, athletic guys so I didn't notice at the time, but thinking back on it some of the people in my social group weren't very nice to less popular people. The "preps" and the ghetto kids really never got along and could be pretty mean at times. Many of the people in advanced classes, myself included, lived in Bay Oaks and had money and looked down on those that didn't have money because we thought they weren't as good as we were.

Posted June 04, 2013
An excellent mix of academic, athletic, and fine arts. The school does draw from the spectrum of parent backgrounds - from lower economic to very accomplished economic backgrounds so the students bring that to class with them. The advanced academic classes are primarily students who's parents are comfortable, the students there have all of the most recent electronics for instance. The teachers are somewhat aware of this and try to encourage the students to get along. The facilities are very good and classes have supplies they need. The music programs are excellent.

Space Center Int 1

Posted September 01, 2012
This school is extremely disappointing. From my sibling's experience, teachers refuse to help students, such as with lockers, and the pickup system is appalling. My mom has to wait 30 min to an hour just for the pickup. Frankly, I'd recommend a better school.

Space Center Int 2

Posted August 06, 2012
Although the education is great at this school, the students are very stuck-up and snobbish. Being a new student at this school is a nightmare, and if you're not smart or popular, you're basically ignored.

Posted August 23, 2009
It's a great school with lots of opportunity for growth and advancement, along with lots of parental involvement, your child will succeed.

Space Center Int 0

Posted May 29, 2009
Very good facilities and staff. There are no worries about fires since they are across the street from a fire station! One nit - the PTA is run by some intrusive, controlling, gossipy moms that really drive people away unless you agree with everything they say.

Space Center Int 5

Posted March 24, 2008

Posted November 03, 2007

Space Center Int 3

Posted May 31, 2007
I was very discouraged during our 3 years at Space Center Intermediate. I felt that the school as a whole was very unorganized and that things got overlooked, done late or not done at all. The drop off and pick up was a nightmare. There were teachers there to direct the drop off and pick up, but they did not direct. They have a program called 'Pull Out Math' for students who need extra help with Math and they discontinued it a few weeks before TAKS when the students needed it the most. The lunch process was very unorganized also as there were too many students trying to eat lunch all at once. A lot of times my daughter did not even get to eat her lunch because by the time her table was called, lunch was over.

Space Center Int
17400 Saturn Lane, Houston, TX  77058
Last modified Space Center Int is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Space Center Int Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top