Houston, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 16, 2015
I loved my son's K teacher. She was SO sweet, my son loved her, she was AMAZING with the kids, and it was very easy to get a hold of her if I had a question or concern, and she never denied me dropping by to talk to her.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 16, 2015
I strongly believe that every student is treated fairly in this school and they all have a chance to be honest about anything and everything. They teach the kids to be who they are and they learn from having fun more than being lectured all day.

Posted July 16, 2015
This school was amazing. We lived in the district for only 6 months of his Kindergarten year, but my son LOVED going to school. His teacher was amazing, very communicative, fun, caring, kind, and the rest of the staff was the same. After just 2 visits, they already remembered who I was each time I went and they never gave me any trouble. The school always had activities going on, from fairs to fundraisers, to raffles, and being a part of the PTA was even better. I wish we could go back to that district again.

Posted September 28, 2014
Rated #1 in area according to newspaper. I volunteer a lot at this school. I have heard a special ed student crying as teacher guides him to class. Staff very patient. Its sad people are not tolerant of this population. Adm and office very good.

Brookwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2014
Both Principal and asst. Principal are letting down. Kids are screaming in hallways. Parents are not welcomed by asst. Principal. Front office staff is really kind. Some of the teachers are below average. if you think this is a great school then I would say explore around there many good school..

Posted September 20, 2013
Principal Arrington best thing happened to school .Really focused on student learning Parents can be act like snobs and want to run school At least some of them Other parent are nice and not opposed to change Glad the administration doesnt allow that to take focus off the kids The other new assistant principal is also helpful

Brookwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
Correction to previous comment ... Principal Arrington is the culprit. She's really letting Brookwood's children and parents down with her policies.

Posted May 10, 2013
My daughter study in Kinder garden. Ms. Fisher is so kind to take the students to next level. I do see during PTA meetings, principle remember each student by class at least some by name. Teaching curriculum and home work to students keep them so encouraging. I strongly recommend this school.

Brookwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
Brookwood is a good school academically and has strong principal leadership. The school would be even better if they had an afterschool daycare as well as afterschool extracurricular activities. My daughter previously attended another school that had an afterschool daycare. This program resulted in much ease and convenience for her and our family. Also, the availability of the afterschool daycare provided her an opportunity to participate in afterschool activities such as chess club, group piano lessons, and other special classes. I rate it high for academics but low for other programs.

Posted May 24, 2010
The principal Homer has made a great school. She know and bring out best in every child.

16850 Middlebrook Drive, Houston, TX  77059
Last modified Brookwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top