Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,572

Posted June 10, 2014
Bleyl Middle School is a title one school. Just because it is doesn't mean it's different for any school in the district. When I went here, I met the most amazing people : my bestfriends. At Bleyl we have groups of people. We have the popular, goth, nerd, and the athletes. It doesn't matter what group you are in because we all treat each other the same. I got along with every group there. I had at least three friends from each group. My two best friends are from the nerd group and the popular group. Bleyl made me who i am. It made me ready for High School which is where I am now. Thank you Bleyl. For everything

Bleyl Middle School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
I don't know what to think of this school. One of the easiest schools I've seen. With my son in standard classes, he rarely has homework. Any signed documents needed are never returned, and no contact is ever made to inquire. Teachers seem to pad grades an any chance they get..when they even have to, being the difficulty bar is way low. I wouldn't suggest this school. I would like a school that challenges students for their future academic careers, but instead this one does the opposite, and then shows its ok to fail, you'll still pass. That you don't have to put effort in, and still pass. These are not lessons i'm trying to teach my son. He will not be returning to this school.

Posted May 12, 2013
In 5 years with children at Bleyl, I've encountered some flaws and was treated with respect when reporting them to the Assistant Principal. I have the upmost respect for the leadership of AP Mr. Mark Moynihan. I have never spoke with the principal but her secretary is unprofessional. Susan Hechler the counselor talked very disrespectful to me at a school function so I can't imagine how she treats students. Teachers are a mix here; definetely more great than not and I appreciate the great ones. The bad teachers need to free themselves from the job that aren't good at and probably hate, and find a more suitable career path. A couple have moved on so I guess I encountered them at the end of their rope. A couple others need to go and trust me I would love to post their names. I despise when teachers have to be chased down to communicate with them and I despise the inconsistency of information from these same teachers. No wonder kids have trouble when teachers get parents involved then are inconsistent and unavailable. All that being said, Bleyl is above average and I am thankful for the great Mr. Mark Moynihan. The ladies at the front desk are consistently been courteous and efficient

Posted November 05, 2011
My daughter has attended Bleyl since 6th grade and currently is an 8th grader. I am very pleased with the teachers and staff. No school is perfect, but I can't say one bad thing about this school. My daugher has excellent teachers that have pushed her and kept me informed when I needed to be. Overall good school.

Posted September 15, 2011
My son has been at Bleyl for three years and I worked in the lunch room for two, I have yet to find a woodshop, are you sure you are talking about Bleyl. As far as I know only the high schools in Cy-Fair school district have wood shops.

Bleyl Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
I do not want to sound like a broken record(for those of us that can remember records) but I have found the staff to be less mature and more sarcastic than the students they are there to role model.The children are treated like criminals at a detention center.I have found that the majority of the "teachers" are so burnt out that they should have long ago retired. I realize that it must be an extremely difficult job trying to instruct kids at this challenging stage of there lives ...but for crying out loud.THIS IS THE FIELD YOU CHOSE! I will say that if Blyle Middle school l is any indication of the dirrection society is headed in ,much prayer is needed. My children will NOT be attending next year.

Posted January 11, 2011
I go to this school, and it's not HALF as bad as it sounds...there is the occasional fight every now and then, but other than that...everything is perfect here! I dn't think we need to change a thing!

Bleyl Middle School 2

Posted July 28, 2010
4 years total at Bleyl with son and daughter. Very disappointed. Weak principals and school leadership. Sarcastic and poor teaching and coaching staff. Children came to this school from an excellent elementary school (Yeager). Encountered episodes of bullying that were poorly handled for my daughter in 6th grade. Several day's when the bus had to return to school for misbehaving students. Decided to pull our daughter out of Bleyl because of poor academic programs. We felt there was too much focus on crowd control and less focus on creating good a good learning atmosphere.

Posted December 16, 2009
Second year at the school. Last year I was disappointed in sarcastic and disrespectful teachers. But none of that this year. Greatest education staff and a safe school. My child has no bullying issues or stressful issues. Even the bus rides are fun and incident free. This makes Bleyl an amazing learning atmosphere.

Posted December 09, 2009
I think the school is ok im new to this school but i think its awsome its alittle hard but a great school.

Bleyl Middle School
10800 Mills Road, Houston, TX  77070
Last modified Bleyl Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bleyl Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top