Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 3,251

Cypress Creek High School 5

Posted October 06, 2014
I believe you get out of it what you put into it... No matter what it is in life. It is a large campus and with that comes the greater potential for good things and bad. My daughter has 7 fabulous teachers that are doing a great job! She has level K and AP classes with the exception of moving to an on level Algebra 2 - easy transition - administration were very responsive. The one teacher we are not thrilled with is new to Creek this year and complained at Parent Night that she's not used to her students wanting to learn! What? Step up English Pre AP teacher... Jury is still out on this one - life is not perfect - it's our jobs as parents to stay on top of our child's education.

Posted August 09, 2014
I agree completely with the things mentioned in the other review here by a former teacher of CyCreek. I too used to teach there. After several years things got so painful that I finally left. I couldn't stand anymore the way the administration treated the staff and the lack of expectation it had for its students. The teachers bear ALL the responsibility - administration passes the load onto them and the students never take any for themselves. This was a miserable teaching experience.

Posted May 21, 2014
I would say the school is mediocre at best. I was a teacher there for a while. It was going down fast with mr. Wells and the students still respected him. Now the new principle ms. Trujillo is a laugh to the students. Many say she is mean and does not care about the students. I truly know she does not care about her staff. District puts little money into the school because they are going to title 1 very soon. The only thing I have to say good is the majority of the teachers care. The administrative staff treats the teachers as a lower class status creating an us and them situation. Putting the teachers in the middle and not helping student classroom management. This school is really only concerned about the numbers on the state tests and not failing to many students.

Posted December 16, 2011
Teachers at Cy Creek are either amazing or terrible. The bad ones can talk the talk, but it's lip service. I think they are just overwhelmed by the large classes and increasing demands, but the result is the same--huge classes where the struggling student WILL be lost. The APs are good. The 504 coordinator is very good. My advice would be to look for the teachers that will tell it to you straight--if they start speaking in educational jargon, run the other way because it's all BS at that point.

Cypress Creek High School 4

Posted September 15, 2011
My son fell and cut his leg while running on the track during class. The coach did not send him to the nurse's office nor did he call me. That night after work, 6 stiches, and a pair of crutches later we left the ER. I spoke to the AP the very next day. He assured me he would take care of the situation. Less than two hours later I get a call from him letting me know he had just gotten out of a meeting with the principal, all of the other APs, director of athletics, director of nursing and several others. They laid out a plan to make sure everybody knew the procedures to follow for injuries during class. They would be having a meeting with all of the coaches as well as an in-service with the teachers to make sure everybody knew the procedures. That evening when my son got home from school he talked about the meeting the coach had with his class on how to handle injuries. Problem solved in less than 12 hours, pretty good turnaround time don't you think. I can't say enough good things about the teachers, principals and staff!!

Posted February 18, 2010
My family and I recently moved back to Texas after being abroad for 10 years and I was enrolled into Cy-Creek High School. I went in with high expectaions and they were, sadly, not met at all. I can't say anything negative about the teachers because I can tell that they were overwhelmed with the obvious over-population of the school and were doing their best. I felt the whole atmosphere of the school was very chaotic and stressful. I speak in the past tense because my parents pulled me out of the school and are going to homeschool me until we can move- because of the high school. I don't want to badmouth the school, but I do want to warn people wanting to send their children to this school. As a freshman, starting late in the year, I still get a little sick thinking about the horrible experience I had.

Cypress Creek High School 0

Posted November 02, 2009
The administration and staff really care about the students and want them to succeed. Each student is encouraged to take upper level classes or AP classes if they are prepared for the tougher classes. Those students are expected to apply to college and further their education. If a student is not prepared for the tougher courses, they are encouraged to work at the highest level possible in order to graduate and move on to a career of their choice.

Posted October 05, 2009
My mildly handicapped but gifted student felt very uncomfortable at this school. As a parent I felt like the enemy instead of partner.

Posted October 03, 2009

Posted September 30, 2009

Cypress Creek High School
9815 Grant Road, Houston, TX  77070
Last modified Cypress Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Creek High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top