Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The administrative staff is horrible. I've been having problems with my son's attendance at school, but I called and explained what was going on. During that time the headstart program called and told me my son could start their program as soon as I got him a physical and update his shots. I brought all of my documents to the school and the front office staff acted like they didn't know what was going on. They proceeded to get the principal who made the entire situation worse. She's rude and certainly not helpful. I had a staff member run out the car I was in and basically called me a liar. If I can't get any help at this school, I'm going higher to get help. The kids aren't getting what they need at this school if it's run by a person who doesn't have any communication skills.

The principal is very rude. She try talk to you with no respect but I had to put a stop to that real quick. The staff are rude too I guess because the principal is rude. I called the school to let the office know my child was in the hospital. After my child was in the hospital for a week nobody called to check to see if everything was ok. Not evening the teacher try to call. I guess these kids are just numbers. I knew I wasn't going like this school at the beginning of this school year. The staff was rude then. I never had any problems with cyfair isd until now at this school

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My kids hate this school because have bullying and the staff do not see anything.

I had a bad experience with this school, my kids every day ask me: " Mom please can we go back to the old school?" When i ask why babies what happen both say: " We don't like this school" because the other kids don't stop bullying, the staff when i talk to them are very rude with me, i try enroll my son on the Baseball team in the last day to enroll and they refused, they said was completed and don't have space for my son because was supposed to be 12 but they already had 16....and i asked " why you guys can't have 17? And the coach Mr. Brown can make a test with all kids to check who pass and who don't pass for the team. I sended emails for the coach and he never answered me i try send a message by the office and they said to me i can't talk with the coach....i feel they discriminate me and my son....the treatment i received in this school was ridiculous...they do not think in the kids. Also they have special kids with bad behavior unattended by a adult and my daughter every day was hitting for this child and the teachers never saw, my daughter put the hands up and the teacher was talking with somebody and never saw her...also i need to send a bottle of water for my kids because they can't drink water because they do not authorize. Also every they when i pick up my kids they need to go to a bathroom because the school bathroom they said is disgusting have poppy every where and they can't use and nobody clean. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL. My kids teachers are nice, but a school is not only the teachers need be a team and this school are far away to be a team.

My son was behind severely because he was always concentrating on him getting bullied at recess. The staff at his new school since we have moved saw how he was behaving and the reason why. Now that the emotional roller coaster is gone and he feels safer his confidence and education skills are climbing up. We are so proud of him for wanting to exceed in such a better environment. Parents if you see a behavior problem in your child's academics there must be a reason. Get involved in your child's education so that you can see what the problem is in person. With you there on the school property volunteering your child will feel safer and more at ease. The PTA is the way to go. God bless

I really hope to God that the administrators & educators of this school aren't as nonchalant & passive with the students as they are with the parents. I am a stand up kind of parent so if I see ANYTHING I don't agree with I'm there, so with that being mentioned A LOT & I mean A LOT can & needs to change with the way they do things... Let's start with the time allowed to pick up & drop off your kid(s); 15 minutes to get hundreds of kids in a crowded school that us in a narrow street busy neighborhood is beyond ridiculous. Secondly, overall in MOST of the Texas school districts there needs to be black history taught thoroughly to our children, of all races, ethnicities & nationalities. After all, it is a very crucial & very important part of our country's history, it's very obvious that these schools feel as though "black history" isn't as important as learning that Christopher Columbus discovered America.. *LaughOutLoud

Son is in1st & I am AMAZED at how well he is doing. The staff has always been professional and respectful, but will not compromise when it comes to kid's safety and learning. AS THEY SHOULDN'T! I have read the bad reviews, and I can tell you the type of parents they are. The lady that has drop off problems is the "I am impatient & more important" parent. The lady that pulled her daughter out of school after the first day threw a fit bc the school doesn't allow parents in the classrooms the first 2 weeks. She is also the one that impatient lady is honking at because she's taking the full 15 minutes to hug, kiss, take pictures, cry. I too was a little upset I did not get to walk my son to his first class ever, but can you imagine the added chaos if helicopter parents were allowed to go inside? Taking photos of little Jenny sitting in her desk, now getting up from her desk, now coloring... This is what "meet the teacher" is for BEFORE the school year starts. I didn't give it 5 stars bc some of the events have been a little disorganized, book fair, muffins with mom, etc. But the 1st week, man they got that down yo! All in all, this is one of the better schools. My son loves it.

A lot of patience is needed to deal with this school! First I will start with how ridiculous it is to drop off and to pick your child. Dropping your child off in the morning is the worst, you are allowed a wopping 15 minutes to do so. Between 7:55a-8:10a is the time frame you have to work with. Parents are in their cars lined up around a nearby park close to the school. Parents often park on nearby streets and walk there children to the door, if that is not your preference you will wait in two long lines of traffic in order to have the staff take the kids from your car. This process often causes friction between parents and staff. The staff is often rude and speaks to parents as if they are children themselves. Also if you do not get a chance to drop your child of before the bell rings, you are asked to park your vehicle and sign your child in as tardy in the office. Angry parents fill this office daily due to these ridiculous circumstances. My personal experiences with the staff is not good! Seems like they take pride in giving parents a hard time with every aspect of interaction with them. Being a volunteer parent is the hardest part of having to write this review!

I am a parent. I witness a situation that in my opinion was not handled properly. I dropped off my daughter at school and decide to have breakfast with her. As I was leaving I saw a teacher speaking to a student. The little girl was crying her heart out. Her face was red and tears were coming down. Next thing I know the teacher grabbed the little girls face and told her "You look at me when I'm speaking to you" I personally feel NO staff should put their hands on any children. Specially not with any kind of force. I went to the office and asked to speak to Mrs.Garcia and they told me that she wouldn't be available to speak to me till later today. I've heard many parents complain and say they hate the school and how their children hate coming here and now I understand why. ITS YOUR JOB. Don't like to deal with crying and picky children then find a different career. Do I recommend this school? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Parents please speak to your children. Ask questions and be involved. No child should have a teacher grabbing their face with force and be yelled at like an adult.

I am a former teacher at Holbrook. I transferred to be closer to home since I had a baby. I am writing this with no responsibility to the school. Holbrook is not a school. It's a family. The teachers arrive everyday with this mind frame and do so willingly. It is a well oiled machine do to the structure that is put into place. The principal has high expectations of her employees and even higher expectations of herself. I have seen her on the playground during recess playing with the kids; she calls the classroom her happy place because she loves watching kids learn. The teachers rally behind each other; they support each other and that same loyalty is extended to their students. They would walk through fire for their school. Like I said, Holbrook isn't a school. It's a family.

Last modified Holbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.