Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Typicially, my child receive homework for chemistry and mathematics, not the other subjects. It would be beneficial to provide homework in all subjects at least twice per 6 weeks.

Develops character: Disagree

Not fair in the sense that the teachers are not providing these group of students with preparing for college and careers.

JVHS is seemly "good" in the sense if safety and class sizes. However, I am not impressed with the school's staff and adminstration team. If it was not for the parents of JVHS students the staff would have a problem because they are complacent and disconnected from their students. The staff lack communication with students and their parents. The environment is gloomy and lack s energy; teachers are negative and complain about the school to justify their short comings and lack of communication with parents. If is was not my child's sophomore I would consider relocating.

Staff needs to communicate more with parents when K level students are struggling. My k level student started struggling in her english class and i was not informed of this until they school moved to the lower level. That's a ridiculous way of monitoring students. Teachers are paid to do just that and failed my daughter, a college bound student, in this matter. Students and parents are extremely clicky and judgemental. It's sad that adults act the way they do.

My son is a freshman , and in k level classes. The school faculty has been great so far, and I know that I can reach out to a teacher and get a quick response to any questions I might have. Block schedule has worked well, and I feel gives the students and teachers the extra time they need to focus on the subject. Overall very happy, and off to a great start!

My son recently graduated and my daughter is a senior. JV offers so many academic programs to prepare my children for college. In fact, the college counselor is wonderful. There are many workshops for parents and students to begin the college preparation.

My son is a freshman this year and although I was nervous about sending him to JV we have had nothing but a positive experience. The teachers really seem to care about the students and the Freshman Academy is a wonderful program geared towards keeping kids in school and helping them achieve their potential.

My daughter is a junior at JV, and my son is a freshman. We've had nothing but a great experience at the school. The academics are rigorous and challenging, and they've both loved being on the swim team. I'm so glad we switched from the Harmony school system to JV, and I highly recommend JV to anyone looking for a great high school experience.

As a parent of a JV grad I know I could have done more to have made my child more of an academic success. She is in college and has had her struggles. However, that is not the fault of the staff at Jersey Village High School. She was repeatedly asked to step up and be in a few K level classes. I allowed her to stay in on level classes. That was a mistake. She had good years at JV, involved in various activities, cheering on Falcons at various athletic competitions, contributing to various organizations community service projects and plugging away at academics with some As, mostly Bs and some Cs. JVHS faculty, staff, administration, and student body helped her grow into a beautiful young lady. But as her parents, we needed to be there too, not to take care of her high school responsibilities for her, but to support her and be her checks and balances guide. It was high school, and JVHS, with its diverse enrollment prepared her for the real world USA. Thank you Falcons, one and all.

Some staff don't care much about the student. The nurses need to work a little more in caring for the student. The teachers was pretty good love that.

Last modified Jersey Village High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.