Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 3,449

Jersey Village High School 4

Posted May 19, 2012
As a parent of a JV grad I know I could have done more to have made my child more of an academic success. She is in college and has had her struggles. However, that is not the fault of the staff at Jersey Village High School. She was repeatedly asked to step up and be in a few K level classes. I allowed her to stay in on level classes. That was a mistake. She had good years at JV, involved in various activities, cheering on Falcons at various athletic competitions, contributing to various organizations community service projects and plugging away at academics with some As, mostly Bs and some Cs. JVHS faculty, staff, administration, and student body helped her grow into a beautiful young lady. But as her parents, we needed to be there too, not to take care of her high school responsibilities for her, but to support her and be her checks and balances guide. It was high school, and JVHS, with its diverse enrollment prepared her for the real world USA. Thank you Falcons, one and all.

Jersey Village High School 3

Posted May 18, 2012
Some staff don't care much about the student. The nurses need to work a little more in caring for the student. The teachers was pretty good love that.

Jersey Village High School 2

Posted December 16, 2011
I've had three children go through JV over the past ten years. My youngest is a Junior. The school has definitely gone downhill from those days of a Blue Ribbon School. JV was not treated fairly by the district when drawing boundaries. The distribution of capital renovation money is very unequal. Just look at the venues, uniforms and coaching staffs for the athletic programs. It's absolutely night and day compared to schools in Cypress. JV coavhes do not put enough emphasis on academics and sportsmanship. There are some excellent teachers. The counselors seem overworked and are not helpful to the students. CFISD staff as a whole DESPERATELY needs continuing Ed during the summer. They are not keeping up with new teaching methods. The school was terribly disorganized when starting up this year. Schedules weren't settled for weeks.The new Home ACcess System was full of glitches, staff wasn't trained on how to use it. It was a mess. If this wasn't a government-run organization, it would be unacceptable. Do teachers really need that much time off? Do like everyone else and work a full calendar so tht you can be properly trained & ready for the students to return.

Posted June 12, 2009
I'm an alumni from Jersey Village High school and absolutely love every memory I have attained! However, I wish I kept up academic wise, and enrolled into more AP and Dual credit courses. ie: Calculus BC. This would have made my college life so much easier, but I chose the easy route out of high school. And now, I regret it. Knowledge is power, really. Good luck to those attending and future students, too! Jersey Village was a GREAT SCHOOL, with AWESOME teachers (esp. the ones that cared and nurtured for the students). College profs are NOTHING like that. Classes up to 300 students/1 prof. ~ Think about it.

Jersey Village High School 1

Posted June 04, 2009
I'm going to be a junior next year at JVHS and sadly I wish I wasn't. Although it's not completely horrible, the bad definitely out-ways the good. Both my freshman and sophomore years, there was plenty of drama going around and the administration did nothing to solve the issues. Another problem I've noticed is that there is not a whole lot of leadership or school pride going on. The teachers especially need to work on boosting morale instead of sipping their coffee and reading personal E-mails. If I could go to any other school in this district I would jump at the chance.

Jersey Village High School 4

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted March 24, 2009
Wow all these comments seem so fake like they have never been to jvhs coming from a student who attends jv now i know first hand how it is. The teachers arent all that bad you have a couple of bad seeds but nothing crazy. We have the good kids and some bad kids its like that at all schools its nothing new. The teachers can teach if it wasnt for those hand full of bad kids then this school would be a great school. Its a fun environment. Not has much school spirit has there use to be but we still love our loosing teams. -Jennifer

Jersey Village High School 1

Posted February 04, 2009

Posted August 24, 2008

Posted August 19, 2008

Jersey Village High School
7600 Solomon Street, Houston, TX  77040
Last modified Jersey Village High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jersey Village High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top