Posted May 30, 2014
My daughter has spent this year in the 5th grade, and we have had an horrible experience. Long term assignments are given to the students, with no parent notification until a few days before the assignment is due! Grades miraculously appear because assignments hardly ever make it home. The only time you really have a clue as to your child's grades is progress report or report card, and by that time it is to late. The few activities they do offer at the school through out the year, we hardly attended due to the fact that the notifications would come home after the event. Administration always seem to busy to discuss anything with you at all, and are always in a hurry to do what appears to be nothing. DO NOT SEND YOUR STUDENT HERE unless you have time to be at the school everyday, playing private "I" in Mission Impossible.

Posted May 24, 2014
My son is a 3rd grader at Hancock Elem. This year has been terrible! There is a huge problem with bullying in this school. My son has been bullied in the classroom, recess, bathroom, and even on the bus. The Asst. Principal says she addresses the issues, but then less than a week later another bullying issue occurs. The bus staff doesn't care at all. The administration and teachers are not doing a good job of supervising and giving consequences to the bullies. As far as academics the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers are not doing a good job. My son was getting D's and still not put into tutorials. I had to push to get him in. So far the only teacher that has been great was my sons 1st grade teacher. I'm very unhappy with this school. I have a high schooler that use to attend here and it was not so great then...now it's going down fast! Parent involvement is very low at this school too. It's bad all around!

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is horrible! Communication is NOT a specialty for this school!! Coming from a whole new state and school, my children and I were completely lost. I tried to talk to the principal about my concern and she pushed me along and told me to contact her staff for assistance. My children both have been lost and confused in their assignments and what is expected of them. They used to be on honor roll. I have emailed, called, gone to the school and exhausted my limits with this school, I am even in the PTO and it doesn't even make a difference. They only care about making money not about the children or making things easy for the children. DISGUSTING!!! I don't know how their test scores are so good when the way they communicate and teach are so bad. Wish I never moved into this district!

Hancock Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2011
This is the second year my children have attended Hancock. They teachers are very attentive and concern. My children are currently learning sign language, and Hancock currently has deaf student and have translaters in class, so it is really pushing them to dive into the new language they are being taught at home. Overall good school and hope that they can finish at Hancock!

Posted October 22, 2010
Friendly and great teaching staff.

Posted October 13, 2010
Both of my children went to Hancock and were very happy there

Posted October 12, 2010
5 children have either attended or are attending great experience

Posted February 19, 2010
I have been very pleased with this school. My son is special needs and he was in the PPCD program, K, and most of 1st grade. I have loved all the teachers and they have all made a huge effort to support his extra needs and provide him with support. I have no complaints with this school except that it is a little crowded. They need to add on to this school in my opinion.

Posted October 07, 2009
The administration at this school is absent! we have a new principal as of March last year and I have never met her. She does not attend parent nights or open houses. I am starting to think she is fictitious!

Posted August 18, 2009

Hancock Elementary School
13801 Schroeder Road, Houston, TX  77070
Last modified Hancock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hancock Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top