Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Yo describo a esta escuela como lamentable y terrible, simplemente no hay interés en los estudiantes o niños en ninguna área ni escolar, deportiva, artística, una falta de respecto a la dignidad de los niños en la hora de su desayuno-comida. Solicite una reunió con la directora espere un mes y jamás me dieron la cita; mis hijos llegaron en el mes de sept-2015 y para nov-2015 solicite el cambio a escuela en casa y la verdad soy feliz porque mis hijos se encuentran aprendiendo más y mejor. Martha Garza

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Ellos no quieren molestarse en trabajar con los niños no hay vocación es sólo un trabajo para ellos, los 2 maestros de mi hijo muy jóvenes inexpertos e inmaduros como personas.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Ni la cantidad ni lo que se pide como tarea, es su labor el que los estudiantes aprendan los conceptos y ellos puedan realizar su tarea en casa con facilidad, no que las mamás les enseñemos

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No existen estos conceptos en esta escuela porque Los niños no reciben un trato digno de un niño. La mayoría del personal cree tratar con soldados y no niños.

My daughter has spent this year in the 5th grade, and we have had an horrible experience. Long term assignments are given to the students, with no parent notification until a few days before the assignment is due! Grades miraculously appear because assignments hardly ever make it home. The only time you really have a clue as to your child's grades is progress report or report card, and by that time it is to late. The few activities they do offer at the school through out the year, we hardly attended due to the fact that the notifications would come home after the event. Administration always seem to busy to discuss anything with you at all, and are always in a hurry to do what appears to be nothing. DO NOT SEND YOUR STUDENT HERE unless you have time to be at the school everyday, playing private "I" in Mission Impossible.

My son is a 3rd grader at Hancock Elem. This year has been terrible! There is a huge problem with bullying in this school. My son has been bullied in the classroom, recess, bathroom, and even on the bus. The Asst. Principal says she addresses the issues, but then less than a week later another bullying issue occurs. The bus staff doesn't care at all. The administration and teachers are not doing a good job of supervising and giving consequences to the bullies. As far as academics the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers are not doing a good job. My son was getting D's and still not put into tutorials. I had to push to get him in. So far the only teacher that has been great was my sons 1st grade teacher. I'm very unhappy with this school. I have a high schooler that use to attend here and it was not so great then...now it's going down fast! Parent involvement is very low at this school too. It's bad all around!

This school is horrible! Communication is NOT a specialty for this school!! Coming from a whole new state and school, my children and I were completely lost. I tried to talk to the principal about my concern and she pushed me along and told me to contact her staff for assistance. My children both have been lost and confused in their assignments and what is expected of them. They used to be on honor roll. I have emailed, called, gone to the school and exhausted my limits with this school, I am even in the PTO and it doesn't even make a difference. They only care about making money not about the children or making things easy for the children. DISGUSTING!!! I don't know how their test scores are so good when the way they communicate and teach are so bad. Wish I never moved into this district!

This is the second year my children have attended Hancock. They teachers are very attentive and concern. My children are currently learning sign language, and Hancock currently has deaf student and have translaters in class, so it is really pushing them to dive into the new language they are being taught at home. Overall good school and hope that they can finish at Hancock!

Friendly and great teaching staff.

Both of my children went to Hancock and were very happy there

Last modified Hancock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.