Horne Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
This school lacks a LOT of things. They are also not friendly or great you properly. It does make you think if they are just there to collect a check. Out of the whole entire school year just 1 parent teacher conference. Don't do anything about bullies and hardly bring any homework. My kids have been attending this school for 3 years and im finally moving them to another school.

Horne Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
We moved to Houston from Rio Rancho New Mexico several years ago and my oldest has attended Horne since 1st grade. We have been very disappointed. The teachers are uninvolved, the discipline is lacking. The art, music and PE programs are laughable. My 2nd grader has 1 20 minute recess and if it gets rained out the sit and watch a show that I would rate appropriate for Kindergarden. I feel as though the staff are all there for a paycheck and not for my kid. I have also had difficulty getting feed back from the teachers and have found all but one teacher to be difficult to contact at all, and when you can get in touch with someone no one seems interested in answering your questions. I am looking for other school options and would not recommend this school.

Posted August 25, 2008
My son attended Horne from K thru 5th. The teachers and administrators at Horne are exceptional. Although it was a challenge and often difficult, with the commitment from teachers in each grade level, my son finished 5th grade performing on-level in all subjects. My daughter just finished 2nd grade reading at a 4th grade level. Horne offers extra help to the kids that need it and encourages their high achievers to soar. Way to get it right HORNE!

Posted May 19, 2008

Horne Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2008
I believe that after the school changed the principal, the school has had a good improvement and the actual group of PTO are doing a better job than the previously groups.The teachers my son has had were very good. So I love the school and I beleive it is a good place to my son to have a good education.

Posted January 12, 2008
This is the best school, that you will ever expirence. It has great education.

Horne Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2007
We have been very happy with Horne with the exception of discipline. We are very happy with the school otherwise. It is a very diverse student body which I view as a positive thing. There is lots of parent involvement, and teachers are good at communicating with the parents.

Posted May 22, 2007
My child has attend Horne for 3 years and it has been an incredible experience. He has shown great improvement in his vocabulary and interaction skills. This is a great school. I would recommend it to all parents.

Posted May 22, 2007
My daughter is a second year student at Horne and it has been a tremendous experience for me and my child. There is a lot of parental involvement in the activities. The academic programs are excellent. My daughter has something positvie to say everyday when she gets home. Go Horne.

Posted May 13, 2007
My ten year old will graduate from Horne this year. He has attended Horne since kindergarden. His experience has been great. I have nothing negative to say about Horne. Thank-you to everyone at Horne for helping my son get off to such a great start!

Horne Elementary School
14950 West Little York Road, Houston, TX  77084
Last modified Horne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horne Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top