Watkins Middle School 4

Posted September 14, 2014
I am actually a student at this school and this is my third year attending. I never had a problem with it. I haven't heard of many fights that happened, only 5, 2 I witnessed. The teachers are good and the parents are very supportive. There is a lot of spirit and an amazing faculty. Most of the students there are good, but there are going to be some bad seeds like there are in every school. I honestly believe that it is the people you put yourself around that matters.

Posted October 10, 2011
I'm a parent whose daughter attended Watkins for half a year. We pulled her out as soon as the opportunity presented itself. We lived in the neighborhood for over 7 years and never heard anything positive about this school. Teachers had/have little to no control over the students. Discipline was almost unheard of and our daughter came home with stories of daily fights. I wouldn't recommend this school to a parolee much less any of your children. Don't send your children here, instead, find an alternative like a charter or private school. You'll see the difference immediately.

Watkins Middle School 5

Posted October 07, 2010
We have 3 girls, 2 went to Watkins 3 yrs, 1 thru 6th grd before we had to move to Virginia. I always knew the teachers and parents at the schools they attended (Wilson, Watkins, & Cy Springs) were excellent. After moving here, we have learned they are far beyond that. I never heard a teacher tell me they couldn't remember my kid or accuse them of being lazy as an excuse for their own lack of interest in Texas. In fact, they knew all 3 & were always there for them. I became ill & handicapped before they entered school & everyone from the principals to the volunteers were first to help out. They always kept us in the loop as a team, helping to raise them with love & high expectations. Schools are only as good as the people who work in them. Watkins et al are best!

Watkins Middle School 3

Posted March 24, 2010
This school is pretty good, but there are fights almost every day. I sit down for class, and I hear, 'Did you see the fight?' I am tired of it. I only enjoy a few of my classes, one being an elective. Teachers are very kind, (well, some of them) and so is the principal. You should know that I am not interested at all in fights. Teachers always try to stop them. Some succeed, others get hurt in the process (or so I've heard). Overall, it can be dangerous unless you are the type who doesn't make people angry or make them want to fight you (like me). Unfortunately, some people never realize this. It's a good school if you have good friends, and that's that.

Posted October 04, 2009
This school has got better but It has been recalled many fights have been put in the school. My son had went to Watkins and he always would come home with a story of a fight going on, they he changed schools and the stories of fights don't pop up more. Other than fights and, and other misbehavior the school isn't so bad.

Watkins Middle School 0

Posted June 06, 2009
hayyo:) 7th grader at watkins, well till the end of the summer.when i came into watkins, well all the teachers were great. there are those stupid igrnorent teachers that scream at copy machines. but im sure every schools have one of those. its never a usal day, its always somthing new. and the theater art department is the shizzz. man ms. rebsch is strict but awsome. sure this school isnt the best. but what school is? if Confidence is what you want in your child, then watkins is the best school. Friends that are made at watkins are friends that you will have forever. with no doubt i can say, like anyother school watkins has theyre up and downs. but like the lectures that teaches us, and the lessons in life that we experience it hopefully is always there to show the young... kiddos comming in next. Go Watkins Bulldogs

Posted May 27, 2009

Watkins Middle School 4

Posted May 05, 2009
Hi parents! I'm also a student at Watkins Middle School. I'm a 6th grader and I think Watkins is a great school. Although fights do break out from time to time,no school is perfect. The teachers are awesome,and they make students(like me) enjoy learning the subject. Personally,for me, I love how we get to have a class period for electives. It takes our minds off school work and stress,It gives us more time to think clearly and be relaxed for the next class! :)

Watkins Middle School 0

Posted March 05, 2009
Hello parents! :] I am currently a 7th grader at Watkins Middle School. The teachers are super duper cool! They make learning so much fun. We got a new principal last year. He was an AP at Kahla. He has changed the school. There arent many tardies anymore. But all kids that go to this cool say hey at the hallways and they dont try to start trouble.

Watkins Middle School 5

Posted January 15, 2009

Watkins Middle School
4800 Cairnvillage Street, Houston, TX  77084
Last modified Watkins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watkins Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top