Langham Creek High School

Public | 9-12 | 3139 students

Posted April 20, 2014

Langham Creek is a very competitive school. Everyday I see students trying their hardest to get Langham into the top school in any competitions. What I like is the staff. They are there when you need them. They are there to help every students become whatever they want to become in the future. Teascher and the staff are like our second parents after our parents. If there was a fire in the school. The teachers have their hearts on only the students not anything else because they care about the children or they will have to pay the consequences.

Posted March 17, 2013

LOL at the parent below. Dramatic much? Worst school ever because your kid has to pay for a parking spot? Because she didn't get to use a school copier?? Apples don't fall far from trees, get over yourselves. Langham is a great school. Like any school there are challenges, but overall the administration is very good and they care about their teachers and students. Lazy students fail, dilligent students excel, just like it should be. I enjoy teaching here very much and my experiences with students, faculty, administration, and parents have been overwhelmingly positive.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 11, 2013

Worst school ever. Drove my child to school and some older person acting as a dir of traffic. Construction is the worst at this school. Director of traffic, my child explained she is an AP there and they have a need to feel for power or just legal bullies. They charge the kids to park at school. The kids are smart they figure a way around that. The taxes the parents pay is not enough for them to park in the school lot. LOTS of empty spaces... What a money pit. We pay taxes for the kids to go to school why so many extra costs. My Child needed to make a few copies. I had to take the paperwork to work with me to get her copies that the school requested. My child expressed that she asked if she could make a few copies and they firmly told her that the copy machine was for school use only. I expressed to my child isnt that where you were??? Un helpful people. They ruined my daughters future and I am going totake legal action as soon as she is out. Because of retaliation I dont use our real names.

Posted January 30, 2013

This is our first year here at LCHS & so far my daughter is happy with most of her school day. I drive her to school every morning (hate her schoolbus), and the traffic is an abomination! but just like anything else, eventually they will fix it. Probably not in my lifetime but I can dare to dream!!1

Posted August 21, 2012

great school it has great kids great teachers i just love it there. the principal is the nices but knows how to keep his ground with the kids and i love that

Posted November 23, 2011

As a graduate of Langham Creek High School, I found that my high school education more than prepared me for success in college. My experience with my teachers and my peers was an excellent one. My teachers truly cared about me as a person and not just about my standardized test scores and how my performance on those tests reflected on them. I don't know if every person's experience would align with mine, but I can attest to the quality of the education and the teachers within the AP program and honors courses at LCHS.

Posted November 17, 2011

Our daughter graduated from Langham High after moving here from Tomball High School. Langham really helped her prepare for Texas AM where she graduated with 4.0

Posted April 26, 2010

My son just got admitted to 6 out of 7 elite private colleges he applied to, and brought in $290,000 of multi-year academic scholarship awards. Yes, I am bragging, but Langham Creek HS teachers and coaches deserve some of the credit, too. If your child can 'bring it', then Langham Creek HS can help him or her reach their full potential. My beefs? The administration is bureaucratic and somewhat inflexible. That's how bureaucrats are the world over. They're inflexible at Ivy League universities also. So deal with it!

Posted August 25, 2009

Chaos! While other districts offer orientation prior to school starting, which includes getting books, lockers and class schedules before school starts, Langam Creek does all of this on the first day of school! Complete craziness and no one seems to know where the students are supposed to go and at what time. The schedules we pre registered for last spring have changed and we are now enrolled in classes that will not help us graduate HS, or help get our son to college. We have tried calling, emailing and walking in to the school to help get the schedule revised but we keep getting no where! This place is a mess, the new principal is doing zero to help with the mess at that school. Academically, the school hasn't received an acceptable score since 1990, it continues to flounder with unmotivated, uncaring staff...is it any wonder kids drop out of school?

Posted February 5, 2009

Upper Level Classes (GT) and AP Classes really good. Kids are ready for College! Great School!

Posted November 19, 2008

Generally, I have been happy with my son's education at Langham Creek. Many of his teachers have been well motivated and good. However, two of his female teachers had an anti-male bias. I've also found that the building administration and counseling staff is unresponsive to student needs.

Posted October 8, 2008

I graduated from LC and the teachers and administration were very involved with their students. There were teachers who cared about how well we did and encouraged going to college, and would have former students come back to tell us that college was not a four year vacation. The teachers challenged their students, wanted us to do really well after we left. As far as the adminstration they were very involved I always saw them at extra curricular activites cheering on all sports, they were very respected amongst all students. They made it a point to learn your name and become more familiar with you.There were fights here and there but it is high school every school has fights. Even after graduating I still went back to visit teachers & they still remembered me and had kept in touch with other students as well. I'm proud to have graduated from LC!

Posted February 19, 2008

underfunded in need of newer equipment such as projecters smart boards and upto date computers

Posted December 23, 2007

I was a student at Langham Creek and have since graduated and attended college. I had a wonderful experience at this school. My experience with almost all of my teachers during my years there was memorable. I had teacahers who inspired me to be a better person each day I went to school. I learned to think outside of the box and I am thankful every day for my experience there. I made wonderful friends, the staff was great, and there was a spirit of unity through out the school.

Posted November 26, 2006

langham is an okay school. we have some spirit with the athletic activities. but we need more pep rallys. this would bring tons of school spirit to everyone. the principal is okay. he isnt very involved with everyone. and its not so much of a gang school as people say. some of the teachers dont care if your passing or failing. but most of them do. overall its a good school.

Posted August 26, 2006

Langham Creek has some great kids, but it obviously does not care about school pride or supporting the students or athletes. My daughters and many of their friends participated in the cheer program. I have never ever seen a person so rude, dishonest, disrespectful to parents and cheerleaders in my life or career as the cheer sponsor and to be continually supported by the LCHS administration. I have had many parents contact me because they are concerned about their younger daughters participating in the program in the next few years. There have been several teachers that are obviously dedicated to teaching, but the overall picture I have seen dismal. I will be glad when they can move on to a more positive and supportive environment where they can focus on being good role models for the future.

Posted July 22, 2006

As to the comment of graffiti everywhere, there is not. The district goes out of the way to freshly paint and clean their building. There are actually very few fights at Langham Creek, definitely not one everyday and not even one every week. As to the comment of Gangham Creek, how silly. I think too many people are blaming bad behavior on gangs. Just because a few kids misbehave now and then does not mean they are in a gang. There is not a gang problem at LCHS. When there are 3,500 students in the halls at one time they need some way of getting their attention, the whistles when they are used (rarely) and only in very crowded congested areas are effective and in no way derogatory. Awesome teachers, and great opportunities are available through CFISD and Langham Creek High School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 8, 2006

I have two children in LC and they both are doing quite well. I can find teachers that I have a problem with but overall they are all pretty good. Sometimes the District gets in the way of the childrens welfare and it becomes political. The current principal knows how to get back on track and he takes chances when they are needed. Counselors are awesome and never are too busy. I like LC but I do wish the surronding neighborhoods were a little better.

Posted March 17, 2006

When i was a langham creek, i found the teaching staff to be very effective and friendly, and the couseling staff there was top rank and very concerned about students home life as well as school life.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 14, 2006

I think Langham has been a rewarding experience for my daughter, the teachers have been helpful and their have been great opportunities academically and extracurricular to get involved. The choir program is wonderful and rated the best! There have been some discipline promblems, but overall my daughter has enjoyed being at Langham.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

761 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

752 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

683 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

685 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

682 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

686 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

655 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

All Students97%

Economically disadvantaged97%
Special education77%
Limited English proficient (LEP)75%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

493 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

278 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

823 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

676 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

878 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

914 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

781 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

782 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

243 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

780 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

811 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

769 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 3%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

• DAVID HUGHES
Fax number
  • (281) 345-3153

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Library
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Sports

Music
  • Choir / Chorus
  • Orchestra
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now