Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 07, 2015
It really depends on the teacher, some really don't care, it's just a job but others are fun and love teaching and kids.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 07, 2015
my vote heavily depends on what grade they are. the higher the grade the crazier the amount of homework.

Labay Middle School 3

Posted December 07, 2015
It's not too bad but kids can get away with bad stuff pretty easily and with the stuff that doesn't really matter they can crack down on you hard. They once had a stupid rule that if you touch anyone for any reason you would get suspended. Immediately after that announcement everyone started high-fiving each other and saying "I'm going to get suspended!" The teachers really didn't care I didn't think.

Posted November 11, 2014
My son attends Labay , he moved to this school earlier this year from a neighboring school .The teachers are very helpful and always email me back every time I email. The teachers even realized my son was needed to be in the gifted program and reached out to me. I did have an issue with one of the teachers who treated a brunch of kids badly and my son called me and I emailed the principal on the issue and I got a response immediately and an email from the teacher in question with an explanation and an apology .Parents need to be accountable for their kids behave and also some of the parents need to check their behave around our kids. From the language to dressing

Posted October 13, 2014
I attended labay in 6th and 7th so (last year) i liked most of my teachers who helped me with after school tutorials when I needed help with something I didn't understand , in my opinion this is really good school even though it doesn't have the best "reputation" . Anyways this was a good experience made lots of friends who I do miss alot since I moved for 8th grade year .

Labay Middle School 2

Posted August 27, 2014
I have two kids that have attended Labay. O am an active parent who visits the school at least twice a montg. One is still there and the other is now in highschool. I CAN'T wait until my nightmare is over! The principle is only social with the kids she considers "good". She walks around with her arms folded and usually only speaks to kids if is reprimandin them. There are only a few teachers who truly have the kids best interest in mind. You always have to call or reach out to them. It's clear that most if them are only there for the paycheck. They are rude to the students and the parents. The BEST thing that happened at Labay is when they promoted one of the staff members to 8th grade assistant principal. This year he is the 7th grade assistant principal. I hope he becomes the Head principle, because the current one is just not a good fit.

Labay Middle School 3

Posted April 09, 2014
ok. the staff is getting worse in my opinion, since the principal changed 4 years ago and the 8th grade assistant principal left and a bunch of teachers left. the kids are pretty bad, but you can stay out of bullying easily if your mind is in the right direction. There haven't been many fights this year. I've never been bullied, and i'm not 'popular' or 'ghetto'. I make good grades and make good friends, so it's all ok. God has blessed me with safety, for sure.

Posted January 27, 2014
Best school ever ! A little tooo strict and there's no fights well thats good . The 8th grade assistant principle hes the best cause he's fair with all of his students and a great attitude ! the other office people are okay .

Labay Middle School 1

Posted November 08, 2013
NOTHING CHANGED in Labay middle school there is still bullying all the time, I heard about a few at the beginning of this year. So please ladies don't even say this is a good school, THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL ever .

Posted November 07, 2013
Labay is a good school. I am very involved with my child's education & am up at the school often as a volunteer -- I witness first-hand. There was bullying in 2011 & 2012, but the principal and teachers have done a great job in curbing with zero tolerence policy both in school & social media. In fact, they go above and beyond by addressing cyber-bullying and make sure kids are held accountable (at least as far as school is concerned) -- something their parents should be doing -- Kudos to them! There are handful of amazing teachers there, but I will admit i am often shocked when I hear how some of the teachers treat the kids with a level of hostility & inpatience. I do agree that there is a greater focus on teaching kids in on-level classes to pass the standardized tests, but level 1 classes do a great job in splitting their time between teaching, test prep (standardized) and independent classwork. I do wish that they had more time & patience in addressing specific issues and question with the kids. Also love the districts online home access website where I can track my child's daily grades. Overall, excellent & diverse school.

15435 Willow River Drive, Houston, TX  77095
Last modified Labay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.