Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I feel that this is a awful school to send your child to. Their is absolutely no support system what so ever. My daughter is struggling in a few areas and I strongly feel that the staff has given up on her. She was enrolled in a reading program and since their was no progression they felt that it was best to drop her. Basically threw their hands in the air and said oh well and we don't care. I've asked for her to be tested and they unanimously came to a decision to NOT test her because they wanted to "use other interventions" which I have not seen any improvement thus far. It breaks my heart to see my child struggle and loose confidence in her education. I feel the only solution to them is take your child to her doctor so they can slap some pills in her mouth and let the school year pass with no improvement so she could repeat her grade level. Teacher's are NOT what they use to be now a days! Their system of doing things is NOT in a caring manor what so ever.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Like I've mentioned the quality of teaching has certainly changed. It's just a paycheck for them. I have not yet seen from this particular school any compassion for the students needs especially my daughter who was severely struggling. It's heart breaking to see your child suffer and not receive the assistance that is strongly needed.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Certainly not enough! Not enough to expand their academics. In most cases the "didn't have time" or they simply "forget ".

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I strongly feel that the staff and especially the assistant principal (Dr. Sang) doesn't care about the students

I've had 3 children complete their elementary yrs at Emmott, and have 2 students currently attending. It's a great school! Emmott would benefit from district attendance rezoning to improve the dynamics of the school population. Because of the zoning, it's a poor school and lacks PTO participation & funding from parents. It's simply because many of the families zoned to Emmott do not have the resources available to donate their time or money to Emmott, like some of the "better" elementary schools in the district, which are zoned to areas in the district primarily with families of higher income. This fact DOES impact the school. As in EVERY OTHER SCHOOL, there's a range teacher quality; some are excellent, some are ok, and occasionally, there's a bad apple. My children have each done very well with no issues at Emmott. The teachers have always seemed willing to help, tutor, explain and conference with the students and parents. I agree with one point listed in another review - I DID see a shift in the teachers when the new principal started. It seems like many of the excellent teachers left at that time. IMO, the principal lacks the personable nature to be a great leader of a school.

great school always loved this school i wish that i went to this kind of school in my childhood because the teachers are great

my son is in sec grade, teachers are good in reading,math and sience but I believe they need to work more in writing,which is very important for their future!

This is our second year at Emmott. I love the teachers but am not happy with the leadership. There was a large group of staff who left at the end of last year. I have heard from staff that this was directly caused by the principal. They seem to cater to stay at home mothers, scheduling meet the teacher and other events during the workday. The teachers are fantastic and really show the students as much personal attention as possible.

My school is Emmott Elementary and it has been a wonderful environment that nurtures learning and leadership. My daughters have completed first and fourth grade and continue to grow intellectually. The staff consists of firm and caring professionals who have always put forth their best effort to improve a situation and encourage a healthy stimulating disciplined environment.

My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years. She came from a very good school in Florida and I was very nervous she wasn't going to get the same kind of attention and education she received from her previous school, but the school turned out to be great! This is her last year here as she is in the 5th grade and I am sad she is leaving.

Last modified Emmott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.