Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

With the high student teacher ration this school has, I don't beleive that the teachers can be effective with ALL the children they have, some have to suffer with less attention. I have hired additional help for my children to fill any gaps I identify they need help with.

Amount of homework: Agree

I understand the need to give a lot of homework, it helps our children practice and develop stronger academic skills.

Develops character: Neutral

I honestly can not answer this question due to lack of knowledge, I would hope they do.

This our first year in this school district, and I must say I am highly disappointed with Reed Elemetary. Other than the ladies in the front office and a few of the teachers, this school is unpleasant, unwelcoming and the people in charge, never smile. They come across as arrogant, overbearing, and act as subhumans. The principal does not return calls, some teachers don't respond to emails, and they lack communication, with parents. The student/teacher ratio is high, they have 1000k students. I regret moving my family to this school. Will have to make decisions to change schools even if I have to move or pay for a private school. Very disappointed that I moved my family for what I thought was going to be better for them. All previous reviews are old, perhaps things were different 9 years ago, but this school year 2015-2016, my personal experience is the opposite of what was written back then.

I have a daughter that started at Reed mid year in Kindergarten, we came from HISD. She is now in 5th grade (her last year at Reed). This school has been great. At this school a regular class does what a Vanguard (advanced) Class would do in HISD. You get a real sense that they care for your child and are genuinely interested in your child's education. Not one day did I drop my daughter off at school and worry about her or her safety. In the beginning of each school year, goals are set forth for the child, the parent, the class and for the school as a whole. During the year they never stray from their goals. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants the best for their child's education.

Last modified Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.