Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops grit: Neutral

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted January 15, 2016
I honestly can not answer this question., I do not have enough information to provide a rating.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted January 15, 2016
I honestly can not answer this question. I believe yes, not do not have enough info.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 15, 2016
Most of the teachers are nice and really care. I appreciate all that they do, I wish they had help, either with teacher aid or less students.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted January 15, 2016
With the high student teacher ration this school has, I don't beleive that the teachers can be effective with ALL the children they have, some have to suffer with less attention. I have hired additional help for my children to fill any gaps I identify they need help with.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 15, 2016
I understand the need to give a lot of homework, it helps our children practice and develop stronger academic skills.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted January 15, 2016
I honestly can not answer this question due to lack of knowledge, I would hope they do.

Reed Elementary School 2

Posted January 15, 2016
This our first year in this school district, and I must say I am highly disappointed with Reed Elemetary. Other than the ladies in the front office and a few of the teachers, this school is unpleasant, unwelcoming and the people in charge, never smile. They come across as arrogant, overbearing, and act as subhumans. The principal does not return calls, some teachers don't respond to emails, and they lack communication, with parents. The student/teacher ratio is high, they have 1000k students. I regret moving my family to this school. Will have to make decisions to change schools even if I have to move or pay for a private school. Very disappointed that I moved my family for what I thought was going to be better for them. All previous reviews are old, perhaps things were different 9 years ago, but this school year 2015-2016, my personal experience is the opposite of what was written back then.

Reed Elementary School 5

Posted February 01, 2007
I have a daughter that started at Reed mid year in Kindergarten, we came from HISD. She is now in 5th grade (her last year at Reed). This school has been great. At this school a regular class does what a Vanguard (advanced) Class would do in HISD. You get a real sense that they care for your child and are genuinely interested in your child's education. Not one day did I drop my daughter off at school and worry about her or her safety. In the beginning of each school year, goals are set forth for the child, the parent, the class and for the school as a whole. During the year they never stray from their goals. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants the best for their child's education.

Reed Elementary School 5

Posted April 13, 2006
Reed provides a warm and friendly environment. It is truly a child-centered school and a great place to work.

8700 Tami Renee Lane, Houston, TX  77040
Last modified Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reed Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top