Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 1

Posted April 28, 2014
The Administration and Staff are not organized. They also seem to be very unaware of the responsibility held. Bullying and fighting is becoming a serious problem in the school. If you have ever visited our campus; you know security is lacking. There is usually one or two Aldine ISD officers on campus, but they prove to be very ineffective when it comes to altercations between students which can and has proved to be unsafe. The sad part of all this is that it is a District wide problem. The individuals that are most affected and suffer the most are the children that are assigned to Aldine ISD!

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is very friendly. People just come at you and make you feel welcomed from the first day you enter the school. I have come from Frisco, TX; it is in a high income area and the education there does not compare to Carver's. Carver uses their materials with care and everybody works together as a family. Teacher's don't give you grades, you earn them with hard work. Carver's academics are way better than any other school. Last year I took the SAT and my writting score was 370, I recently took the SAT again and my score went up to 470. I have never been to a school like this before and if I have to choose between Carver and Liberty H S, I will choose Carver. The first day I got here I felt like people were like old friends and everything just became normal, I did not have any problems and getting friends was really easy.

Posted May 29, 2012
My Grandchild goes to this school.I think the prograrms they have are very good. Her sister also went to this school. Hope to see orther parents putting their children in this school. there ]s alot of classes that give them a head start into the furture of their lives, and they all try hard at getting good grades. I do think some of the teachers could be more helpful to the students at times, they are there to help the kids.

Posted October 23, 2009
This is a great magnet school. I sent my daughter here and the teachers really cared. She used to get C's and once a D in math but the math teacher really worked with her and she got a a A!! All the teachers really care and the counselors are there for the students and not just there for the $$. Best high school in Aldine. The magnet program is really good the only problem is they spend their money in the wrong places. The school is old and crowded but the important thing is that the students are learning. Recommended... best high school in Aldine.

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 0

Posted October 20, 2009
This school is great this school is built for learning.I go to school each day willing to learn.I attend Carver High School in Houston,Tx.and I LOVE IT!!

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 4

Posted September 12, 2009
This school has a great engineering program. I am currently a junior here and I love it. The AP classes challenge you the engineering excites you and the enviroment fulfills you. You should apply.

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 2

Posted August 26, 2009
i am a sophmore in this school this year and I hate it so much! Everything is crowded and to make things worser they are wanting to get more students in the school which makes no sense! We have a very old school that is breaking down! every week there is at least one class that has an A/C that doesnt work and we have to sit down like idiots and suffer in the heat during the whole period! Most teachers say that they care about our education but it is obvious that they are lieing to us! They do not care about us at all they only care about there pay check! thats it! but of course there are some teahers that do care and strive to get us better educated and prepare us for the future. but over all I DO NOT RECOMEND this school to anyone!

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 0

Posted August 10, 2009
This school has to be the worst school I have ever been to. The halls are so crowded, teachers don't put in much effort at all, had a new principal every year I went there and none of them made a difference. Actually, this years principal has actually worsened the school overall. This school is based on TAKS all the time they don't prepare you for college at all. One of the counselors there doesn't even attempt to help students in need at all. This school is so disorganized, filthy, and a disgrace. The school does not have enough room to fit the students it offered to come in to. It has flat screen TVs in the halls but can't afford to buy new books or even provide books to the students who don't own one due to the large amount of students that attend that tiny school!Never recommend!

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 4

Posted February 06, 2009
i went to craver for my 9 and 10 grade year and personally i think carver is great as far as extracurricular activities go because i was a part of theater and we always had great things going on for us but the teachers really dont seem to care about the students and it shows in the report card grades when i went to carver our senior class only included 30 people maybe even less but now i go to New Caney High school where i can see a signifant change in the attitudes of the teachers

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine 2

Posted August 07, 2008
I am currently a student at Caver, and in my opinion this school is far below the standards of what a school, let alone a Magnet school, should be. The school's administration is highly disorganized and seems to care very little for the well-being of it's students. I believe that Caver has cast a wonderful illusion of the perfect school, but in truth the school is falling apart from the inside out. I don't mean literally, but the curriculum, the staff, and the students all suffer. The administration seems to be more preoccupied with keeping up outside appearances such as TAKS and mediocre stage performances, than actually focusing on real issues at hand. They shove students aside who actually wish to learn and make something of themselves and force them to conform to mediocrity. A student can not and will not thrive at Caver as long as this continues.

Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine
2100 South Victory Drive, Houston, TX  77088
Last modified Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver High School For Applied Tech/Engine Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top