Bad
Good

Posted March 15, 2015
We love Anderson Academy! The teachers are passionate about my children's success and spend time before school tutoring them. They provide plenty of opportunities for parents to be involved and communicate. I'm sorry to see a previous post of a negative experience... I can speak on 4 years and 2 children of great experiences. With a diverse staff we love Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Morales, Mrs. Williams and Coach Reece. Music program is great too!

Anderson Academy 1

Posted January 17, 2014
This is one of the worst schools I have ever seen. We pulled my daugher out after the first marking period. Extremely RACIST teachers. My daugher is Hispanic and white. She was blantantly discriminated against. One her last day of school, we picked her up. We knew immediatly something was wrong with her. We took her to her pediatrian. She had a 102 fever. The teacher never checked on her or sent her to the nurse the whole day she was in class. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE. IF YOU HAVE TO WORK 3 JOBS AND WAKE UP AT 4 AM TO HAVE THEM ATTEND A DIFFERENT SCHOOL, DO IT.

Posted April 16, 2009
This is one of the best schools in the area. The teachers really care. The are constantly at work trying to help students master their skills.

Posted June 11, 2007
Anderson Academy is an excellent school. Their teachers and staff are the best. Students really do learn and excel. One teacher in particular stands out, Ms. Alicia Hatton. She teaches 1st through 3rd grade and is an excellent teacher. She gives the title of teacher an honor. She really cares for her students and they are lucky to have her. Her students are truly her children and it shows in her endless ways of helping. In a time when people tend to live in a 'me..all about me.. state of mine', where many parents do not do their part, she takes the reigns and let's the kids know they truly matter. They come first. She is truly a teacher that makes a difference. You know this is a great school when they have such a teacher!

Anderson Academy 3

Posted May 02, 2007
My son attended Anderson about 7 years ago. Anderson was an amazing place for children to be able to spend the better part of their days. The education he received there was outstanding and the extra curricular activities were amazing. Now my daughter is a student there and I am sad to say things have declined greatly in every aspect. I hope that next year will be better than the last two years have been. My daughter watches videos of the time my son spent at Anderson, and she is patiently waiting to have her chance to experience the great things we captured on video when her brother was a student there.

Posted August 02, 2005
The teachers here are outstanding. My daughter attended here for 1st and 2nd grade and the quality instruction she received has been exceptional. I felt like her teachers really cared about her and enjoyed their jobs.

Anderson Academy
7401 Wheatley Street, Houston, TX  77088
Last modified Anderson Academy is a Public school that serves grades 1-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.