Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 2,045

Eisenhower High School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
Honestly, I am an IB student and the school is amazing. It exceeds with offerings that even regular students can take advantage of there is an abundance of programs other than IB like dual credit, AP, pre-ap, pre-ib, and cte classes. The schools have some wonderful teachers and it's really the students that won't pay attention. The school offers many opportunities for students to look at colleges and receive information on a lot of colleges. If parents were more active in their child's education the school could get so much more done.

Posted July 10, 2013
Hi I go to this school and its awful. the 1:16 ratio is so wrong i have about thirty to fourty kids in one class. the teachers don't care there are like a few but i can count them on my hands. i sat next to some guy that was sell weed in class. some of the teachers a really rude.the school is mostly cares about the ib programs. The ib kids get the nice rooms where the air and heat work and advantages when i comes ranking. Its harder to learn in regular classes than the ib. The classes are smaller and the teachers are more helpful the, ib program isn't as hard as it was made out to be. The only thing that i like about this school is the FFA program its the only reason i can stand to be there. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS GO TO IKE NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT LOOKS.

Posted January 24, 2013
First of all, I realize no school is perfect, however, Eisenhower is terrible. Take my advice and stay away from Eisenhower High School. Do not be fooled by Newsweek ratings and the the International Baccalaureate ( IB Diploma Programme). The IB program is poorly run and is used to prop up the reputation of what otherwise would be an extremely dismal school. The teachers have very little enthusiasm for their jobs and the administrative staff is awful, and cares nothing about your child's success. Do not expect to get any service, responses, help, courtesy or encouragement from Eisenhower's faculty members. I would not recommend this school.

Eisenhower High School 3

Posted March 04, 2010
Eisenhower High School... It may look like EHS is a bad school, but it's a fairly good school. I's graduating in 2012, and it's been pretty good. Although, I think some teachers put way too much effort into the IB program. That's all they care about now. AP classes are not considered good enough and the IB students get all the attention. On a bad note, EHS class sizes are way too big and some teachers just can't control their classes. In AP World History, the class gets off track a lot and the teacher usually crams all the information into our heads in a day or two, or at least she tries to. In that class, the teacher always takes time away from our learning to do stuff for the IB kids. I think they should pay attention to all the students equally.

Eisenhower High School 0

Posted December 01, 2009
I disagree with the comment about the teachers not caring. I think you have to care to work in a school like ours. I personally dislike this school because i feel like I'm not getting a good education. I know this because I have attended good schools before. I think the main bad thing at this school is the class sizes are to big, for example my world history class has over 30 students in it. You may think what you want but there is no way for every student to learn everything they need to with that many students.

Posted November 17, 2009

Eisenhower High School 5

Posted September 15, 2009

Eisenhower High School 4

Posted July 10, 2009
I dissagree with previous comments. I believe that the lack of concern chanels through the teachers because of the students that they are in charge of who show no interest at all, and, let's face it, some kids just do not care about their education. However, for those children that do care are in very fine hands.

Posted August 23, 2008

Eisenhower High School 5

Posted August 17, 2008
For gifted and talented students, Eisenhower exceeds offerings in area private schools. It has a strong IB/AP program taught by teachers dedicated to helping students tackle the most rigorous curriculum. Extra curricular activities such as history fair and Academic Decathlon are tremendous. Though on paper Eisenhower looks like a school to which parents might not want to send their children (high poverty rate), the top kids (my son included) go on to Ivy League Schools (in the last 2 years there have been students who went on to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Notre Dame, Cornell, Boston College) and top state universities (Texas and Texas A&M). It is also a school where diversity is celebrated. I could not have asked for a better education for my child.

Eisenhower High School
7922 Antoine Drive, Houston, TX  77088
Last modified Eisenhower High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top