Houston, TX

Helen Major Elementary School 2

Posted October 10, 2014
The only good thing about this school is that it has a fairly new campus. The building is well designed and in good condition. For that I give it two stars. A friend of mine had to take her daughter here and it was a disaster. Like another reviewer mentioned, the school gave very little notice for changes and or required school activities. The staff at the front office was very rude and even the teacher was rude. From a few observations, we gathered that the teacher did not have command and control of her class. My friend'a daughter was a very smart little girl and would complete her homework assignments in five minutes or less. So there truly wasn't any significant learning going on. When ever other children would bully her, it would go unnoticed until the little girl would defend herself. At which point she would be the one to get in trouble and no one would even as much as try to inquire why she felt the need to defend herself. The total management of this school was a complete mess. If you love your child, don't send them to Spring ISD PERIOD!

Helen Major Elementary School 5

Posted June 13, 2014
This school is outstanding. My child has attended there for the past four years and she has had very caring teachers that challenge her very much. The principal is retiring and while that is sad, I look forward to the new principal.

Helen Major Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2014
The staff at the from office is by far the rudest I have encountered at any organization ever. When an event or change of schedule such as a closing occurs we never got sufficient notice...usually just 1 or 2 days. The teachers and principal seem to care but the school work is not very challenging at all and the standards seem to be very lax. I was also disappointed at the lack of diversity and level of segregation between the students. Our daughter is 8 and has only been able to make 1 friend all year. She is treated like an out cast because she is the only white child in her class. There are many disadvantaged children at this school who seem jealous of my daughter and we have had problems with many of the students. The school doesn't take much action against them and so they repeat their behaviors. We will not be re-attending and I would not recommend this school.

Helen Major Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2012
I am very disappointed with this school. School managment has an excuse for everything. Teachers are not willing to go the extra mile. Furthermore be careful they will try to oppress your child if you let them.

Helen Major Elementary School
16855 Sugar Pine Drive, Houston, TX  77090
Last modified Helen Major Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Helen Major Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top