Public charter
Houston, TX

Houston Gateway Academy - Coral Ca 4

Posted May 30, 2014
Love the school but disappointed that they do not provide summer school for the kids that did not pass their staar test. BIG MISTAKE!! What ever happened to NCLB (No Child Left Behind). They prefer to give summer school the kids that passed instead of giving it to the ones that really need it. That is why I am removing my children from the school.
2 people found this helpful

Houston Gateway Academy - Coral Ca 1

Posted July 03, 2013
You may want to check and see if your child's teacher and principal are certified. The only resource the teacher has to teach from is a textbook. If you want to be employed at this school they will not verify employment or give refernce/recommendation for future employers.

Houston Gateway Academy - Coral Ca 1

Posted October 20, 2011
The first nine weeks of school, the science teacher was out on maternity leave and the school did not hire a substitute teacher. Science was not taught to the six graders for the first eight weeks! Gateway Academy, Coral campus does not have enough books for the students. My son hardly ever had homework. They have horrible prepackaged meals that are served in the class rooms. The principle never returns calls, nobody returns calls. I took my son out of the school today due to being bullied. I complained about it and my son was to blame for the incident. It is not in my son s nature to be violent. He struck back to defend himself. The principle was more than happy when I said I wanted to take my son out of the school. He must have been happy because I was the one complaining about not enough homework and the lack of science. Gateway Academy Coral campus was a giant mistake! Regretful Mom

Houston Gateway Academy - Coral Ca
1020 Coral Street, Houston, TX  77012
Last modified Houston Gateway Academy - Coral Ca is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Gateway Academy - Coral Ca Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top