Public charter
Houston, TX

Posted August 18, 2014
This is just to inform all that KCLA has now been taken over by Zoe Learning Academy. Zoe Learning Academy has been a striving Charter school for 10 + years.

Posted June 04, 2014
My grand-child was enrolled in Koinonia Community Learning Academy the first day they open their doors to the community. Parents need to realize that your child's education extends past the class room, and our job as parents is to reinforce what is being taught in class. Your child should have a designated place to study at home and you should make sure he or she understands the assignment. We are suppose to work with the teachers, and this includes getting your children to school on time, making sure they get a proper diet, and getting plenty of rest to function in the class. I was sad to hear of the school closing. I believe that with God all things are possible. Everyone should search their own heart before throwing stones.

Koinonia Community Learning Academ 1

Posted May 17, 2014
I'M SO GLAD THIS SCHOOL IS CLOSING!!! NO ONE IN THIS SCHOOL CARED ABOUT THE KIDS SPECIALLY THE ONE IN CHARGE OF THE SCHOOL, I BELIEVE HE IS THE MINISTER OF THE CHURCH ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE SCHOOL. ALL HE CARED ABOUT WAS COLLECTING THE MONEY THAT THE SCHOOL WAS PAYING HIM FOR RENT SINCE THE BUILDING BELONGED TO THE CHURCH. NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS TO MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE!!! I SAW ANOTHER REVIEW THAT SAID THEIR CHILDREN WERE BEHIND TWO YEARS AND SO ARE MINE. HATE EVERYONE IN THIS SCHOOL!!!

Koinonia Community Learning Academ 1

Posted October 01, 2012
The quality of this school has really diminished since last year, especially for the lower grades. All of the teachers are either inexperienced or seem to know nothing about education at all. Looks like all of the talented teachers that KCLA had last year up and left and were replaced my medic ore teachers. I will be pulling my 2 kids very soon and just send them to the HISD school that they're zoned to. When will the state shut down this school...it's seriously a haven for kids with behavior problems or should be labeled special Ed. Why does my childrens education have to suffer because they're on grade level, but most of the people in their class aren't, so the teacher spends times teaching down to the low students while my child isn't growing at all. Just a sad situation...

Koinonia Community Learning Academ 4

Posted January 24, 2012
THis is my childs first year in school. Mr. Bradley is an amazing teacher. He enjoys school very much and he has learned a lot. I wish there were more teachers that have the initiative and patience that he has wih my child.

Posted September 27, 2011
Koinonia Community Learning Academy has shown its ability to suceed above and beyond. Its academic program is very good student are tought on their own learning levels this will help each student to excell to the next level with graet pride, that can do it. this means a great deal to be able to comprehend educational needs of the students. {Love this school} Great Job!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone including the new principal, she looks as if she will do her very best ,to give our kids the educational structure they may need.We loved Ms Boone and we miss her , Lets give Ms Toni Fisher the respect that is due .

Posted March 03, 2011
This school is awesome my kids love very clean professional and the staff and teachers are amazing!

Koinonia Community Learning Academ
3229 Hadley, Houston, TX  77004
Last modified Koinonia Community Learning Academ is a Charter school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Koinonia Community Learning Academ Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top