Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy

Charter | K-12 | 642 students

Living in Houston

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $103,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted today

Fallbrook is getting better... I've been hearing about them changing up this year, I gave Fallbrook another chance, and my daughter loves it. I like how the teachers are very nice. I also like how there is a person that will talk to you, if there is a question or problem. Now, I know there are also the kids in Fallbrook, but people have to get past that. They are getting better, besides if the kids get out of hand; they will deal with it.

Posted June 18, 2014

I love Fallbrook! The administrative team were very courteous and communicated very well. My kids teachers were timely when I needed to meet or speak with them. I will be sending my students back to Fallbrook again in the fall and am looking for even a greater year!

Posted June 14, 2014

FCPA needs more organization. My son had a total of 4 teachers throughout the year. I believe the staff should work on their staffing needs before the school year begins. Students should not have to wonder who their instructors will be when they return to school the next week.

Posted June 2, 2014

My kids have attended FCPA since the program started, I love it and so does my children. Sure there are areas that need improvements but that's to be expected with a new program. I see the vision this school has for our children and this community and I'm happy and excited to be apart of it. Anyone with false expectations or is unhappy with the school should consider another school for your child. My family looking forward to 2014-2015 school year...Go Eagles!!!

Posted May 30, 2014

My Son attends Fallbrook Prep and he is in Kindergarten. He was not reading when he entered Kinder and now he reads at about a 3rd grade level. His Math skills are about a 2nd grade level. His vocabulary is above average of your typical 6 year old. I have no complaints about his Teacher nor the curriculm. His teacher constantly stays in touch with me and if she has a problem she will email me or send home a note. What I do have a problem with is the expensive school uniforms and the lack of communitcation from the administrators. Maybe it's not lack of, it's late communication. You will get a message/email the day before or even the morning of not giving you time to prepare accordingly. They seem rather unorganized in that area. The uniforms...$15 for a tie, $20 for a t-shirt, $30 for a shirt, $35 for pants, and $75 for a blazer! The blazer is what kills me the most because they take them off and leave them laying around and you can't have a 5 year understand the concept of "expensive" and "responsibility" just yet. Luckily, we've made it the year with blazer still in hand after about only 3 trips to lost and found which is another joke!

Posted March 18, 2014

This school is overall thumbs down!! Promise s made not kept the school is full of lies and nothing positive to really say!! My son hasn't had a solid teacher since school began its nothing nice at all!! He was on teacher #5 before the school year was over and I highly doubt they get one to stay! Expensive uniforms all for looks education wise no sir no ma'am!!! The teacher well my daughter teacher is OK older lady pretty nice. If you are looking for a good school you may as well stay in public school environment, this is not it!!!

Posted March 18, 2014

The school doesn't keep any promise. Getting teachers and administrators to return emails and calls are virtually impossible. My child has had so many teachers that I can't keep track of them and I only met two of them. Homework is so scarce that I don't know what my child is working on. I have been asking for two months for online access to grades and as of today, I still haven't received access. At one time, they couldn't find my child in the system. I had high hopes for this school, but they have let me down. Now I have all these expensive uniforms which will be of no use to my child because I refuse to allow her to attend there next year. This school year has been a waste.

Posted March 14, 2014

I'm very pleased with new superintendent. I'm so surprise, embarrassed how people certain people just like confusion. Fallbrook is an awesome prep school with caring teachers. I don't understand if someone is unhappy just pull your kid. But to constantly have something bad to say and keep your child in the school is just so wrong. This school is making a difference in the community. The one person that say no books, I know students have books. The school is not doing anything wrong.

Posted March 5, 2014

After sending my daughter to private school for years, I was thrilled to learn about Fallbrook College Prep Academy. The promises of education excellence, low teacher to student ratios, and parent involvement were astonishing. After attending orientation, I enrolled my daughter and step-son. Unfortunately, the experience has been an unbelievable nightmare. The enrollment rate is high, students are crammed into classes that are overflowing, principals do not respond to issues as they arise, and communication with parents or the lack of is unbelievable. This year has been a total waste in terms of education for my children and an experience where they have been subjected to bullying and retaliation from complaints that I've made with staff. Fallbrook College Prep Academy is failing our students miserably and has no regard for children learning but only for the funds that the school receives. Another issue is that the church is not suppose to be in anyway affiliated with the school but from speaking with other parents (some of which who work on a volunteer bases) this has been found to be untrue. The only thing this school is doing, is collect funds for the children who are enrolled!

Posted February 28, 2014

This school is clearly NOT ran by a professional body of educators. The administration is unprofessional and common with parents, there's absolutely no PTA, the school seems anti parents and the uniforms are way pricey! I can't get anyone to have an adult conversation with me because they act so defensive with every question that I ask. My daughter will attend this school next year. I gave it 2 years, I can't do another.

Posted February 22, 2014

No school is perfect but as for my family FCPA has been a blessing thus far to my family. Before my children attended FCPA they disliked school due to the behavior of other children (fighting) and felt as though they were not learning much. My children love it there and the faculty are very attentive to the children's needs such as ensuring that my children are learning what they are being taught and not just attending class. The teachers are always in contact with myself and children because I make myself available to them. I firmly believe that it takes a village to raise a child which means that you must have a hand in your child's education. As far as communication goes its a two way street. I would definitely recommend Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy. The uniforms when cared for (by parents and students) give my children a respectful look and they have higher self esteem. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about my children sagging their pants to school or wearing skirts that are too short. Keep up the great job FCPA my family hopes that things improve.

Posted February 11, 2014

This campus is so full of it, it so disorganized, and ran with complete dysfunction, I grudging gave the one star. It s a pitiful shame they even have the nerves to attach anything related to GOD to this campus. It s very clear HE is nowhere in this mist of their foolishness. This is not the campus for our future. My child had been on the campus 3 years prior to charter I had great hopes for the charter. With all the lies and promised they made from the opening. There is no communication at all with the parent. And the students are not learning they are well dress learning nothing. We will not be returning to this cirrus, at this point they have proven what that going to do our two years in the charters have been terrible and they have no intentions of changing for the better. Parents run as far away from here as possible

Posted January 16, 2014

My child was in attendance at Fallbrook prior to its charter status so I had very high hopes for this new program. Last year was extremely rocky. My child had about 5 different teachers between Aug. and January. Even though I was reluctant to continue, I felt that maybe with time there would be improvements. Wrong. They are very disorganized. There is no communication with the parents or not with those of us who aren't apart of "the click". I am a teacher and can tell they don't have the proper resources to meet these student's diverse needs. Discipline seems to be lacking; and, I really hate that middle schoolers are in contact with 7 year olds... not a good mix! I have been working with my child but can tell there is a learning deficit that has occurred with all of the transitions. I feel like he lost his entire first grade year and was hoping for results with all of the promises that were made at the beginning of the year. I would suggest seeking schooling elsewhere, especially if your child needs that early foundation for success.

Posted December 30, 2013

The problem with Fallbrook is in the administration. Overpriced uniforms that no child really wears. Lost clothes collect in a pile and never returned. $20 gym shorts for 5 year olds? $80 jackets that they are allowed to take off? Why? My son is in K and has a wonderful teacher. Many parents volunteer, sometimes more than 1 at a time. The K teachers I have met are caring and experienced. No PTA, only an "alliance", which means NO PUBLIC CONTACT FOR PARENTS TO GET INVOLVED IN A MORE ORGANIZED MANNER. What a waste of parental resources not to have a PTA or other group that isn't some bougie friend of someone in the front office - hence the overpriced uniforms. The school is fairly safe and bullying is not tolerated. Discipline seems fair and swift. There is just no organization. However, the classes are just as big as at a public school, yet the rooms are tiny as the school doesn't have it's own building. I don't think my son has learned anything new this year as he went in ahead of the curve. As a charter there is no advanced program and they do NOT believe in the Montessori principles. My son has had to give an oral report with a chart that challenged him and loves school.

Posted December 20, 2013

My school is awful. The only way to get better is to be honest. There is unbelievable dysfunction at every level. I am an active parent who is also an active member of the church I love. You will be disappointed if you are a parent expecting a high standard of excellence in education and administration. FCPA needs much prayer and Joe Clark from "Lean On Me". The only things that differentiate this school from any other inner city, public school are high-end, adorable uniforms and no public transportation. I would pay premium tuition to change the school to a private school with qualified, professional educators and visionaries who are able to prepare our girls and boys for accredited, high achieving colleges and universities. I suspect the charter will be pulled eventually. Check the 2012 STAAR scores , come observe, ask a parent and listen for the red flags words in their conversation--"I'm praying..." I will be making changes so I'm trying to save you the grief and expense of our super nice uniforms.

Posted October 2, 2013

When I choose this school for my kids I was impress by the information that was provided in the meeting summer 2013; now that my kids actually attend the school I am not impressed at all. It seems that everything that was stated in the meeting is not be upheld. My kids' teachers have changed more than once and that is unacceptable. I am planning to allow my kids to finish out this school year due to the fact I have invested almost a $1000 or more for their uniforms and other stuff. I am trying to bare with the school as I know this is only their 2nd year been open and they are working through the kinks any new school will have to deal with and truly praying it gets better. I definitely will be researching other charter schools to enroll them if this school doesn't work our because education is the key to success in this world we live in and I only want the best schools with structure and true commitment to their mission statement to teach my kids along with my help the parent as we the parents have to be involved with their education. I sure do hope things get better at Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy.

Posted September 24, 2013

So far I have been unimpressed with FBCPA. It seems that the school is more interested in what the student in wearing vs what they are learning. I'm all for uniforms but at $400 its not worth it. My child has already reported that there have been fights on campus. In addition, we're not even a month into school and all of the 5th grade teachers that started at the beginning of the school year have moved on. This doesn't sound good to me. Lunch is $3 per day yet on the first day of school my child was a slice of ham with gravy. I will be looking into other options.

Posted July 18, 2013

I love that my children are being thought so well, i just wish the administration had better advance notification about events. I also love the personal relationship you get to develop with your Childs teachers, great communication between the parents and teachers.. my Children will be turning this year...

Posted May 29, 2013

The school is amazing for educating the children at the level that they do. But I have to say communication and consideration of parents are sub par to say the lease. To top it all off; Kindergarten graduation is Thursday morning at 9am? Did they forget that parents have JOBS!!!

Posted May 3, 2013

FallbrookCPA is going a great job as a first year charter school. My grandson is learning by leaps and bounds. If you live in the Spring/Klein area and public school is not for your child...check out FCPA.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

70 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

70 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

43 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

43 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students54%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

This school did not receive a rating in 2010-2011.

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

Source: TX Education Agency, 2013-2014

• TARLA CRUMB
Fax number
  • (281) 880-1362

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College preparatory