Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)

Posted February 01, 2016
Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy has not met its academic accountability requirements for the past three years in which the state has issued accountability ratings. The charter had an unacceptable academic rating in 2013, 2014 and 2015. In addition, Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy did not meet its financial accountability requirements in 2013-2014. Operations at Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy are scheduled to end on June 30, 2016. Revocation of the charter becomes effective Aug. 19, 2016. The charter holder for Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy is the Fallbrook Community Development Center.

Posted November 11, 2015
This school needs to be shut down and through agreement and prayer we as parents need to take a dtand to do something about this. I have a love for children. The bible says sufferclittle children come unto me. I have had too many horrible experiences from Fallbrook College Prep Academy until I rather not write because I know God is about to fix this situation. I pray that any other o arents having problems of any sort with this school receive revelation and discernment on whaat to do. May God in heaven be with us all.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 25, 2015
Last year I met an had interaction with the teachers who taught my students. I found them to be very dedicated, and effective. My children excelled throughout the year and was always bragging about one teacher or another.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 25, 2015
I do believe more homework could be beneficial. However, with all the core standards and a lot of time and attention being used for the standardize tests, this has taken a back seat.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
This school has foster these traits in my boys by showing patience and knowing that all students are individual. They believe that failure is not an option and help the students by not allowing them to give up or be discouraged.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
The children come home with what they are taught, and respect is one of the things we talked about after it was introduced at school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
I feel this way because of conversations I have with my children. This is instilled at home and if anything happened to the contrary they would be glad to tell it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
I feel this way because what goes on at school I discuss with my students. They give me daily accounts of the activities and I ask questions.

Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy 4

Posted August 25, 2015
My boys are 4th graders this year. They love this school, their teachers and are always happy to go to school. They did very well on the state mandated exams and I attribute this to the dedication of the staff and teachers who put in double time making sure the students were prepared. 2 days into the new year and the boys are saying, "we love our teachers". That is what I want to hear. Not the negative comments from parents who don't understand the undertaking of such a large task to educate our young ones. There are growing pains and some things that need to be ironed out but if we are concerned, get involved. Not many parents showed up for pta last year. I would venture to say these are the ones who complain.

Posted June 08, 2015
At my kids Award Ceremony. Lord I thank you that our kids made it to the last day of school May 29th. It was an extremely hard year. By no means are our kids prefect. Yes they may have attitudes, get in a little trouble, etc. but they are CHILDREN. Now I said all that to say EVERYTHING ABOUT FALLBROOK COLLEGE PREPARATORY ACADEMY LEADERSHIP TEAM IS RAGGEDY AND UNPROFESSIONAL. They are never organized, never on time, unfriendly, don't truly want parent support just lies, continuous lies, etc. Now I must say the teachers are definitely excluded because they are doing their BEST for what they have. Yes we all have a choice on the school we allow our children to attend and I honestly thought FCPA was the best choice. From my two years of experiences here I say if you are looking for a good and amazing school that truly care and love your kids like their own FCPA is definitely not the school for you. This is truly a lesson learn and I will absolutely not allow my kids to attend this school another year. I will not set my kids up for failure!! I sure do miss Mr. David Baxter!!

12512 Walters Road, Houston, TX  77014
Last modified Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fallbrook College Preparatory Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top