Posted May 11, 2015
This is the first public female only school in this district. This school is a STEM program and has been in existence for four years. The school first started with 6th and 9th graders totaling about 200 students. The school has added students for each year for all grades and this year completed the full enrollment of 6th - 12th graders. There has been some bumps in the road of course. However, I feel that this school is the best choice for my daughter and would be for yours. My daughter has thrived in this learning environment. She has taken on challenges and done things here that has given her so much confidences. She has had many visits to colleges, NASA, museum and participated in Science and Engineering competitions each year. The school is still going through some growing pains due to the nature of this new concept for the district. However, what they are doing they are doing quite well. The students are testing in top percentage for the district. I invite you to come and check it out.

Posted April 13, 2015
This is my daughter's first year at YWCPA. I love it, even if she don't. She is challenged, has become organized & knows that just good enough, is not good enough. The principal, teachers & staff are extraordinary!

Posted April 08, 2015
My daughter attends YWCPA and enjoys the STEM and AP courses she is offered. The curriculum offered are at high standards and the young ladies are challenged daily. We have the best administration and support any parent could wish for. I love the STEM curriculum and opportunities to visit college and learn to their full potential. Great school!!!

Posted December 13, 2014
I've attended the school for three years since 6th grade and I have to say I'm very disappointed in the overall experience. The school offers a good education yes but when it comes to having a good middle school experience for me and other middle schooler's and a good high school experiences for the high schooler's they are slaking. The principle is very unpolite, some of the teachers are rude and I've had conversations with other students that have said they sometimes feel scared to ask some of the teachers questions because the teachers will be rude about it or be smart or have an attitude. The principle also have shown favoritism with some of the students. Another issue is the people working in the main office are very unpolite and unfriendly. they always seem like they don't want to be there and when parents or students walk in the main office they should be greeted with friendly people because those are the first people you come in contact with when you walk in the help they give comes of rude and in an annoyed tone. All of the things said by me here are things that are repeated throughout the school by almost every student.

Posted September 30, 2014
So far so good. This is my daughter's 1st year at the school and I have seen a 360 change in her. The teachers are totally different from what my experiences have been in the past. The attentiveness and small class room size is great. My only wish is for an updated building and additional extra-curricular activities. I m trying to convince her to stay for high school vs going somewhere else where she will just be a number. This school really cares and reminds me of my high school, the focus was on the entire individual not just test scores.

Young Women's College Prep Academy 4

Posted August 21, 2014
Last year was my daughter's first year at YWCPA. I was very impressed. The great majority of the teachers were invested on my child's success. They offered tutorials after school and on Saturdays. I had problems figuring out the various after school opportunities, coming from the private school sector, but we are ready this year. Communication was an issue initially, however, out was resolved wuickly and efficiently. The only real negative I have is the office staff could be more helpful and enthusiastic about their interaction with parents and students. I. E. I had to visit the office on an occasion and stood at the desk for 12 minutes while one clerk finished her personal conversation and another clerk merely looked at me...never offering to assist or help. The school could use office staff that "appear" th want to be there. Overall, this is a really good school.

Posted July 30, 2014
This school was terrible. The teachers were disrespectful. There have been many fights in the restrooms, girls smoke there also. This was probably the worse school I have been in. I'm grateful my parents aren't forcing me to spend another year here. The staff has favoritism towards specific students. I regret showing my parents the brochure. Worst decision ever.

Posted June 28, 2014
It is about to be the third year that I have attended this school and overall it's not that bad. Many people expect schools to be perfect but in reality nothing is perfect because if it was there would be nothing to learn... The challenges the school faces will help the girls in the future. They say the teachers are horrible but really they just don't like the subject. Many of the reviews below are from middle school students who think they hate Young Women's, when really they hate school in general... They think it would be better to go to a school that is co-ed or focused on sports. When really they are at one of the best schools in Houston... When the girls stop being a negative Nancy and start being a positive Polly then the school really will be AMAZING!!!! So yeah the school just started 4 years ago, and it was put in the oldest building some of us girls have ever seen. But this school is amazing and any girl who got in is one of the luckiest girls in the world... Also if your daughter is going to be starting in Middle School they should know that there will always be a girl to help them.... -Sincerely a 8th Grader of the 2014-2015 school year...

Posted June 19, 2014
This school is absolutely terrible. I left my last school because I was being bullied by another student , this time I'm leaving this school because I was bullied by several peers. It's amazing that people who are supposed to mold the minds of the future are corrupting them. More than once I was targeted because of my personality, I'm outspoken yet respectful and I refuse to be talked to with a lack of respect. On several occasions I told my mom and she spoke with my teachers and nothing was done. Not only was I treated rudely my grades were compromised due to their hatred towards me. It was embarrassing because I was late to school on a daily basis because my moms a nurse and has to drive my younger brother to school in Galveston daily then return and bring me to school. They couldn't understand and constantly gave me lunch detention because of it. The office workers are rude and unorganized and my information was lost as well as my enrollment packet. there was an Instagram issue that concerned my friends and nothing was done about it. A charade is played everyday to block out the truth but this school is absolutely terrible please don't send your daughter here!

Posted May 10, 2014
This school makes SEVERAL promises to the students and parents but have yet to fulfill them. If you like teachers losing your work, teachers with HORRIBLE attitude teachers being messy about other students business which is so unprofessional teachers and administration lack of communication about events etc and teachers who are not even certified to teach and could not teach even if they tried then this is the school for you When I was accepted, i was made to sign a contract stating they i had to complete two years in this school. The two years that i stayed were HORRIBLE. I came from a private school and they were more organized than YWCPA. The teachers are lazy, messy, and have lack of professionalism. They stoop to the teenagers level. I have credits from college courses i have already taken and they have yet to place them on my transcript so i am taking classes i don't need. This school has screwed up my future and my chance of getting accepted into another school. They basically kept me for my GREAT STATS. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME MONEY OR FUTURE WITH THIS HORRIBLE SCHOOL OF Fabrications

Young Women's College Prep Academy
1906 Cleburne St, Houston, TX  77004
Last modified Young Women's College Prep Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Women's College Prep Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top