Ischool High At University Park 5

Posted November 21, 2014
This school has been an amazing environment and a great opportunity for my child. He is in 11th grade now- a second year student with this school. While the academics are very challenging, I believe they are preparing my student for the real world and college. The small, warm environment has really helped my child develop socially and academically. I would definitely recommend the school- especially of your child is a motivated individual.

Posted November 12, 2014
This school looks like it is beneficial to our children and is an amazing school to go to but in reality, this is the worst school my child has ever been in. The former counselor is now the principal and she is not legally allowed to be one. She makes up her own ridiculous rules for the students to follow and we as parents are just suppose to allow it. Not only is the school understaffed to where the students do not get enough time with their teacher, but the school also picks favorites. Someone can get away with wearing inappropriate clothing while another student will wear something more appropriate than the other person but get in trouble for it instead. This school is a hostile environment that makes the students soo upset and uncomfortable that many of them contemplate leaving, but decide to put their education above everything else and stay and are absolutely miserable. This is definitely not anywhere close to a school you should even consider bringing your child to, unless you are looking for a very strict, boot camp like feel type of school. I am very disappointed in how this school turned out and feel bad that students have to sit there and suffer through all this nonsense

Ischool High At University Park 5

Posted October 02, 2014
This school has been an amazing opportunity for my child. The staff members are great, they are always there when my child or I have a question regarding anything. The new director we have is amazing, and does anything and everything she can do to help our children succeed. The numerous opportunities this school provides (early graduation, early college high school, possible graduating with an entire associates degree before you finish high school) make this one of the best schools I've seen in the houston area. I strongly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for the best school one can provide.

Posted October 02, 2014
This school has one of the worst teachers here on Lone Star College. One of the teachers have completely wasted a student's time by giving them worksheets and expecting them to complete it before working on their core subjects. Another teacher gave a verbal test on one of the student's social studies book that lasted over 30 minutes long while other teachers did the verbal test in under 5 minutes.

Posted August 26, 2014
School staff is completely unprofessional. They just had the director "step down" and they replaced him with the counselor and I don't know where she got her credentials but I am not impressed. Many of the kids do not graduate from high school much less an associates degree. It is a great concept school but they can't make it work.

Ischool High At University Park 3

Posted April 03, 2014
The school is one of the greatest you can find in all of Texas. The teachers are the principal are the nicest you I'll ever find and it does not hurt that you could graduate with an associates degree. There is one big problem though, the counselor is nuttier than a pecan log with a side of pistachios. One day should could see someone not doing their work and joke around with them, the next day, she will threaten to write them up or remove them from college classes. She also calls my child's class a joke on a daily basis. She will also walk around the halls all day trying to find something to complain about instead of doing her work. One girl has been waiting weeks to receive her transcripts, but lets look for something to complain about instead of doing her job. Wouldn't recommend joining school until they do something aboutthe counselor.

Ischool High At University Park
20515 State Highway 249, Houston, TX  77070
Last modified Ischool High At University Park is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ischool High At University Park Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top