Houston, TX

Caraway Intermediate School 3

Posted October 04, 2007

Caraway Intermediate School 4

Posted May 16, 2007
My son entered Caraway in August 2006 and I was very concerned because of past issues. However, I have been very pleased with the direction the school has taken. The change in leadership has been good for the school. I have attended almost every event the shcool have had and parent participation is improving. From the student council elections to the science fair and math event the students have performed well. To the principal, Mrs. Matthews -- keep doing what you are doing. It is definitely working.

Caraway Intermediate School 4

Posted September 18, 2006

Posted April 09, 2006
The quality of the academic programs at Caraway are pitiful. The PTA has exactly 2 parents on it. While the staff seems to genuinely care about the students, the parents are barely existent in their childrens' lives and it shows. Most of the children are unruly and it affects the kids who are there and behave well.

Posted February 23, 2006
From what I have experienced and seen as a parent, it is quite apparent that a total revamping of this school is urgently needed. Instead of listening to the kids and attending to their needs, I've found that there is an immediate defensive drawn. The lack of compassion that many of the teachers have displayed is saddening and the parental participation is non-existent. However, this may be due to the lack of positive interaction with the staff and administration to work as a cohesive team with the parents. When people do not feel they have a voice, then participation will wane as I feel this is the case with this school. This is my child's first year at this school and I have yet to meet nor see the principal interacting with the students.

Posted December 16, 2005
This school suffers from an apathetic staff and even more apathetic parents. I have not seen anything particularly exceptional. In fact, I feel there is a desperate need for improvement and revamping. I am presently seeking to move because I dislike the quality of this school so much.

Caraway Intermediate School
3031 Ellington Street, Houston, TX  77088
Last modified Caraway Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caraway Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top